It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The little Schiff who cried wolf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I brought this up a few times, but I feel it's really important with the lessons of that age old story.

With Schiff making the claims he has continuously that he has proof of all the horrible things Trump has done, only to look like an ass when he doesn't come up with any proof at all, it diminishes that line of thinking. We had over 2 years of Mueller, with the MSM constantly claiming "BOMBSHELL" moments, which were all duds. We had Shifty Schiff assuring us that Trump was a Russian agent, and he had proof. Then we moved to impeachment over some foreign policy in Ukraine, which seems like it's about over now, another dud.

So what happens if Trump does do something awful? Will the public jump on board and believe the next "BOMBSHELL", or will they tune it out?

I think the democratic party as a whole has taken a few too many beatings, all that they initialized, swung first, and antagonized until a real fight did break out. They are looking pretty weak now. With such little time left until the election, the only message I see is "I'm running for president and I'm not Trump". I feel as if the nation will need a bit more substance than that to change the way things have been going.

China trade is looking better, Canada and Mexico are eagerly awaiting Pelosi to do her job for just a few minutes and pass the new bill. Things just seem to be moving in a positive direction, in spite of how horrible Trump makes some feel.

If the democrats who will be left in congress after the next election ever hope to provide real oversight of the President, they will need to curtail the fake attacks, and stop manufacturing a crisis. I can't stand the left, but balance is needed to keep power in check.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have tuned out to any claims against Trump for this very reason. I looked at so many MSM stories where they were flat out lies almost every time, I don't even check anymore.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

that coupled with the need to counter all the bullsh!t and lies, makes it so the one's who should be watching closely, aren't doing it as it should be done. I just think it's wrong to promote the constant lies and grandstanding BOMBSHELLS!!!!!

As someone who usually sticks up for Trump, if I make a negative thread about something Trump related, I'm blasted much like any typical leftie would be. This culture has brought us to that. It's dangerous.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The ethics committee should investigate the fact that he says he has proof but he can't produce the evidence.

Maybe he does have proof which he uses as an insurance policy so they do not try to charge him with ethics violations, maybe the proof is of other congressmen and is not related to Trump at all. He probably has set people up to make it so they cannot challenge him. That actually makes sense.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Adam and Eve lol

So what happens if Trump does do something awful? Will the public jump on board and believe the next "BOMBSHELL", or will they tune it out?

All they've done really is make it possible for Trump to become the Anti Christ if
he chose to. Everything they do empowers him more. It really is phenomenal.

edit on 26-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Beyond thenonsense that the Democrats have tried to get Trump with for 3 years, they also have a problem when it comes to the things Trump has NOT done - which he said he would. Trump is able to point very clearly and truthfully to Democrat obstructionism.
Despite everything he's managed to do a good job and I am struggling to see where the Democrats can attack him without it blowing back to them. Hence all they have is 'Vote for anyone but Trump' as a campaign theme.

As to whether the Democrats will be taken seriously ever again - not really. They have failed to even dent Trump's support. He has a higher favourable rating now than when he won the 2016 election.
edit on 26/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The ethics committee should investigate the fact that he says he has proof but he can't produce the evidence.

Maybe he does have proof which he uses as an insurance policy so they do not try to charge him with ethics violations, maybe the proof is of other congressmen and is not related to Trump at all. He probably has set people up to make it so they cannot challenge him. That actually makes sense.

There is a motion to censure Schiff currently sitting in the Ethics Committee.

The House majority will not allow it to be heard.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There affliction is like:
Stockholm Syndrome meets Psychiatric Propaganda Syndrome, generally referred to as TDS.
These folks want to be controlled and lied to, they are addicted to it. The want the Busch's the Clinton's and the Obama's to run our country for 40+ years and counting. They are begging for Michelle Obama to join the race. I would love to see her in the debates, lol.
Sickos.

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I have tuned out to any claims against Trump for this very reason. I looked at so many MSM stories where they were flat out lies almost every time, I don't even check anymore.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I can't stand the left,

Thats OK... we can't stand you.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So who is your favorite Democrat candidate?
Are you hoping for Michelle Obama to join the race?

originally posted by: tinner07

I can't stand the left,

Thats OK... we can't stand you.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

a reply to: fringeofthefringe

first off, it would be "their"... if trying to look smart, learn how to spell.

These folks want to be controlled and lied to,

trump has lied thousands of times and you know it, yet you love him...

They are begging for Michelle Obama to join the race

you have a source for that or just talking out your ass like you all do?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Do you have a problem with that?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I love that we have someone that is changing the trajectory of our nation, and it so happens to be Trump.
I say thank you Trump for having the guts to take on the establishment because they are full of rot and stink!

I was being serious, who is your favorite candidate?

Missed something, I am not trying to look smart, I always have to check my spelling and I suck at typing.

a reply to: fringeofthefringe

first off, it would be "their"... if trying to look smart, learn how to spell.

These folks want to be controlled and lied to,

trump has lied thousands of times and you know it, yet you love him...

They are begging for Michelle Obama to join the race

you have a source for that or just talking out your ass like you all do?

edit on 26-11-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: grammer

edit on 26-11-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: clarification

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Awe, buck up kiddo.

You can at least be happy that we're making America great again.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Do you have a problem with that?

The ethics committee not looking at an ethics violation because of party affiliation?

Of course I do... why don't you?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
On balance his Presidency has been a win for our country. He is what we needed after 8 years of Obama and the threat of a Hillary Presidency. After all the BS in the media I don’t even pay attention anymore and frankly if Hillary didn’t get indicted for clear violations why should Trump over made up BS?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

We had over 2 years of Mueller, with the MSM constantly claiming "BOMBSHELL" moments, which were all duds.

As opposed to the "BOMBSHELLS" that turn into duds around here on a near weekly basis?

Sounds like both camps are in the same boat if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Instead of "The Little Schiff who cried wolf" it might also be called, "The Little Engine who coup'd".

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We in the US have forgotten the art of disagreeing without being disagreeable.

If someone disagrees with you, it doesn't necessarily make them evil. It doesn't necessarily mean they hate you and all you stand for. It means they disagree.

Now don't get me wrong, they could be all those things, but jumping directly to that conclusion from GO is wrong. Listen. Listen to what they have to say. Let them tell you who they are and what they are about. You may find that your goals aren't that far apart and you only disagree on how to achieve them.

There is a difference between hearing someone and listening to someone.

Listen. I mean really LISTEN. It can change your whole perspective...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Same here. I see something that says anything negative against the President, I just roll my eyes and scroll on by. It irritates me like a petulant, lying, manipulative co-worker or neighbor would irritate me. I figure that even if there is a grain of truth to it, it is too blown out of proportion to be useful and any way and the crap that they've dished out more than offsets the karma.

They have accomplished exactly the opposite of what they sat out to do. I am not a big supporter of Donald Trump on a personal level. I am a committed Christian but I am appalled by the way the evangelical community has thrown its weight behind him as if he were the second coming. However, in support of the office and in resistance to the attacks made against it and the complete lack of integrity of the media and the political opposition, he gets my vote for 2020, no questions asked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join