It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for Life and It’s Manifest Destiny

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

my wife

Me as well. 3 years ago I lost my soulmate. She was my rock, my anchor in the raging storm. God used her one last time to bring me to Him. She suffered 13 days intensive care before we said goodbye to her that last time.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

So you and I have gone to separate schools of mourning together.

But we have a beautiful hope and I see no flaw in what I believe.

I sometimes find myself wishing we didn't get along so well.

So it would be easier. It has tested my sanity at times.

We will see them again.

July 13 a Friday 2017
edit on 29-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So I read both you and carsforkids post on the last page first. Then I said to myself, I swear ' God, I want to be heaven with those two guys'

Then I read your post the one I am replying to where you said what I just thought before reading it. Pretty cool.

Anyhow, it's special cause I like to be alone. I have trouble trusting even good holy unions. I have to do better, especially after what God did. To see all his holy light and feel his love when I was taken out of my body is something that will stay with me forever.

So we can talk about the void and the one observer and all that, but I know where the TRUE POWER is, it's God's love for each one of us, individually. On a deep personal level.

It's amazing and I love God and Christ for rescuing me the way they did, from that evil curse. I can do better, we all can, and I will.
edit on 29-11-2019 by LoneBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
a reply to: ANKH1F1N1K
but tell me wise one,
what is the point of all this ?
why would life seek consciousness ?
to what end ?

The manifestation of 'Self awareness' is magical. The end is no end (progress that soul at all costs) even if the body is lost in the growth scheme).

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
a reply to: ANKH1F1N1K
Clearly you introspect on these things deeply, and they trouble you greatly. I's a dangerous path you tread.
I wish you strength wrestling these things.

Seriously, dangerous? What is being wrested from what ordinary introspection that is the danger? Potential madness? Are we a race of wimps?
edit on 29-11-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: LoneBird

You certainly have the right idea going on your head. While
the Bible does say there is no marriage in Heaven. That in
no way means God wouldn't be both willing and able to
manifest our deepest desires. For instance:

I believe that to endure to the end knowing why the curse
of death is upon this world. Not becoming bitter with God
when the tragedy of death befalls a loved one. For me that
would be my wife.

But instead of becoming angry with God like so many seem
to do. By refusing that seeing him instead as my only HOPE
of ever seeing her again. And also with the Bible proclaiming
in the first three words of Genesis.

This being the beginning here on Earth then are not the cosmos
waiting to be populated? I imagine just a tiny part of Heaven
will include a new life with my sweet Linda in a world with out
sin and without death.

I truly believe this is how he will dry our tears. Because our God is
great beyond our imagination. And it's so obvious how much our
love means to him. It will be done before we can think to ask.
Because our God is God.

As you can tell I love your post.

I believe this is how it can be too. If our hearts are right and our thoughts are good... then we will be in the good place with God, in the real heaven, with our loved one, and soul mate. I know it in my heart. Or maybe God will want us to stay here for awhile more and create a world that is filled with righteousness and goodness, and a world that honors God's holy power. We can do that too.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

See you there!

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Most of the 40+ biblical authors and many of their non-Judeo/Christian contemporaries described humans as tripartite (trichotomous) beings comprised of "spirit and soul and body" (τὸ πνεῦμα καὶ ἡ ψυχὴ καὶ τὸ σῶμα - 1Thess 5:23).

Besides the current minority focus on gender identity and sexual orientation, there is a general consensus about what the body' is. It is our physical selves that we feed and bath and move through space and relate to other bodies.

The nature of 'soul' and 'spirit' used to be equally clear to our ancestors but there has been a deepening misconception of what is a 'soul' and what is 'spirit'. Some conflate them as synonyms and others wrongly define them or embrace one and reject the other.

The Koine Greek ψυχὴ anglicized as 'psuche' pronounced [psoo-khay'] or 'soul' is the root from which we obtain 'psyche' and related forms 'psychology' - The science that deals with mental processes and behaviour and emotion and 'psychiatric' - the study and management of the disruption of these functions.

Contemporary colloquial use of the word 'soul' has a mostly religious/spiritual meaning describing a part of a human that can survive the death of the body and can be aligned even sold to a spiritual entity.

So Medical Science uses the word with its original intent but has little use for πνεῦμα '(spirit)...
...contemporary religion mostly confuses ψυχὴ (soul) with πνεῦμα (spirit).

The 'spirit' in the writings of the Apostle Paul is in 'natural' humans asleep or dead but can be awoken (quickened) and its function brought back to life.

The human function of 'spirit' is resurrected when the divine Spirit forms a union with the human spirit sometimes referred to as an ontological union or union of being. This union can be likened to a human marriage, the physical joining of two σῶμα (body) with the potential of producing another human which is our biological purpose. The function of the Spirit/spirit union also produces 'fruit' which is also a fulfilment of our human purpose.

This dynamic relationship or spiritual function is available to those who ask.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" (Luke 11:13)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Its is upto each individual to ascribe meaning to their own existence, Your claim that without a god life is meaningless is your belief - an opinion only.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

God is so great he used to stone non virgin women and wiped out the entire planet except one family because they apparently built the worlds biggest boat by themselves😅😅😅

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: troubleshooter
Excelent! Five star.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Yes you are right, a person can live a good satisfying life without but what they had here on earth is fleeting. In the greater scheme of the universe that accomplishment is meaningless. It's like a pretty butterfly. While it is fluttering around the flowers in the yard it is beautiful. A wonder to behold for sure but when that butterfly is gone from your sight it is nothing more than memories. Memories of the current generation and after just a few generations past is lost forever. What God offers is eternal.

I will say, most people that go to church will not see God. I pray that I am not one of them.

edit on 30-11-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Purposeful Design or Mindless Process? (Awake!—2009)

In 1802, English clergyman and theologian William Paley expounded his reasons for belief in a Creator. He stated that if while crossing a heath, he were to find a stone lying on the ground, he might reasonably conclude that natural processes had put it there. But if instead he were to find a watch, he would scarcely come to the same conclusion. Why? For the simple reason that a watch has all the hallmarks of design and purpose.

PALEY’S ideas had a profound influence on the English naturalist Charles Darwin. Yet, contrary to Paley’s logic, Darwin later proposed that the apparent design in living organisms could be explained by a process that he termed “natural selection.” Darwinian evolution was seen by many as the definitive answer to arguments for design.

A great deal has been written on the subject since the days of Paley and Darwin. The arguments in favor of design on the one hand and of natural selection on the other have frequently been refined, elaborated on, and updated. And both sides of the subject have greatly influenced what people believe about purpose​—or lack of purpose—​in the universe. What you believe might well influence how purposeful you feel your life is. How so?

The Logical Consequences of Darwinism

Belief in Darwin’s theory has led many sincere people to conclude that their existence is devoid of real purpose. If the cosmos and everything in it are the product of spontaneous combinations of elements after the primordial big bang, then there can be no real purpose to life. The late Nobel Prize-winning biologist Jacques Monod stated: “Man knows at last that he is alone in the unfeeling immensity of the universe from which he emerged by chance. His destiny is nowhere spelled out, nor is his duty.”

A similar thought is expressed by Oxford professor of chemistry Peter William Atkins, who declares: “I regard the existence of this extraordinary universe as having a wonderful, awesome grandeur. It hangs there in all its glory, wholly and completely useless.”

By no means do all scientists agree with that outlook. And for very good reasons.

Fine-Tuning​—Evidence of Purposeful Design?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneBird

It's amazing and I love God and Christ for rescuing me the way they did, from that evil curse. I can do better, we all can, and I will.

There is no curse; that is just experiencing separation anxiety from your Creator. We all go through it, we long to be back home. You are remembering something that gives you faith to trust this experiment you agreed to.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
What if you are looking for home and you are already home?
Where do you think home is?

Saint Francis of Assisi said:
We are looking for what is looking!

Seek the seeker.
Know Thyself.
The Father and I are one.

edit on 4-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Darwinism - mindlessness

Creation- The light of eternal mind

It really is just that simple. And the atheist himself claims life
has no purpose. We live we die space between to nothings.
And if atheism is what a person subscribes to Darwinism can't
rationally deny the miracle of us being here. So what it leads to
is just one big waste of a miracle. All this for nothing?

It's absurd morbid as well as boring and dehumanizing.
Sorry just have to call em like I see em. I feel bad for
people who are some how mentally blocked from the
light. And I know it hurts our Father in Heaven. And that
sucks.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
Does a work of art have a purpose??
Art is awe inspiring.

Our Father which art in heaven......

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

A work of art always has a purpose to it's creator.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

A work of art always has a purpose to it's creator.

Does it?
What purpose would that be?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Why would you ask me?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join