It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9th Circuit Judge Richard Seeborg and Alexander Vindman Why are Foreign Born Actors Fast Tracked?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

May I suggest your posting ceases the repeated grandstanding and return to the discussion?

Or not.

May I suggest you review relevant forum guidance? Highlighted items for convenience.

Note that it indicates name-calling, baiting and activity otherwise labeled as political trolling elsewhere on the site. Not generally hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited or gratuitous personal attacks on fellow members. It's also not exempt from the usual forum expectation of remaining on topic.

This is simple: The mud pit is not a place where members can personally insult each other. You can rip each other's politics up but you can't get personal just to slag someone you don't like. Additionally, posts must be relevant to the stated thread topic.

You are wrong on this issue, and in more ways than one. I have made a simple request of you, that's all. A simple comment that family members should be left out of these discussions will more than suffice.

Cheers

First of all you're off-topic.

Second of all at worst I attacked your lack of honor in making the posts you have made.

Third, I do not have the least regret that you are offended. The continuing disrespect you and others have demonstrated for a fellow soldier is deeply offensive to me and abominable on your part.

I used words that expressed the depths of that emotion, and I stand firmly behind each one without even a smidgeon of regret.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm off-topic because you are in violation of forum guidance. You know, the HUGE highlighted text that states,

AVOID VULGARITIES

This is about YOUR behavior. My request is simple. I would never presume to comment on your family, even by "clever" similes or otherwise. Do the honorable thing, Gryphon66, and we can close this sidebar and move on.

Cheers
edit on 26-11-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm off-topic because you are in violation of forum guidance. You know, the HUGE highlighted text that states,

AVOID VULGARITIES

This is about YOUR behavior. My request is simple. I would never presume to comment on your family, even by "clever" similes or otherwise. Do the honorable thing, Gryphon66, and we can close this sidebar and move on.

Cheers

Had you PMed me and let me know that for some reason my choice of words disturbed you, I would have apologized and likely deleted.

You chose to make this a public issue.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Gryphon66,

Okay, I can take your point -- sort of. I write "sort of" because your original comment that prompted this sidebar was ALSO made in a public forum.

I'll send you a PM.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Gryphon66,

Okay, I can take your point -- sort of. I write "sort of" because your original comment that prompted this sidebar was ALSO made in a public forum.

I'll send you a PM.

Cheers

Apparently, my choice of words above really disturbed you personally. Obviously, I don’t know you or your family in the real world, and thus, I could not have been referring to the actual flesh and blood people.

However, it is more than obvious here that you are personally hurt. While I stand behind my expression of exactly what I felt when I wrote it, and I don’t mind pissing folks off, I had no intention to personally hurt you beyond expressing my emotions.

To that extent, I am sorry you were hurt. I do agree that posts should not contain personal attacks, and I do agree that family members should not be referred to. Aside from that, I have nothing more to say on the matter.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Gryphon66,

Thank you, I appreciate the comments.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Thank you.

I appreciate your spirit if nothing else.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You can always tell when someone never served in the military or was a bootlicker. People in the military #talk each other on a regular basis. Their superiors, their subordinates, their CO, the cooks, the armorer, the LPO, the gunny, the chief, no one is off limits.

You may say what about the ones who died? We'll have you ever heard someone say good riddance? Yeah it sucks, but it happens.

The good ones are respected, the bad ones... well they get what they have coming.

Look everyone just because someone served in the military doesn't mean they are beyond reproach. There are some real duds in the military. A lot of them get by with no real skill other than asskissing, and getting in good with the right people to sweep the bad under the rug.

So can we please stop using a person's military service as a way to say they are a decent person who can do no wrong?

Hell, I only joined to get out of my hometown and for the benefits. The same as the majority of the people I knew. You know how many people I met who were actually doing it out of patriotism? None, zilch, nada, zero.

So stop. The way I see it and the way a lot of my military buddies see it is that a lot of the guys at the top only got there by screwing a lot of people over and kissing ass.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Agree big time on Omar. Richard Seeborg concerns me as his entire past in Europe doesn't exist. I wondered if he was a test tube kid at that US Army Medical Center in Germany where he was "born" and planted here on a mission.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

BTW, opine is a verb, not a noun

Did you ever think that that verbiage draws the elitists out of you. So what. Just because some guy "served" hes honorable? People who think like that destroy nations. So tell us what you think of a Janitor.
edit on 27-11-2019 by Waterglass because: Does my Teacher like my typos?

Adolf Hitler "served"
edit on 27-11-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I heard that but also pushed the AI thing as Eric Ciaramella will have to come out in the public arena and I don't know if he will as hes a protected asset of the CIA. Simply stating that if he is summoned to a trial some Alpha agency can come barging into the court room and state to the judge that on behalf of the national security of the USA this needs to go away and the guy is cut loose.

This would make an event for escalation to the SCOTUS on the basis of impeachment.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I rubbed elbows with many in the INTEL and political world. Many are simply here to pick up and cash a paycheck and hit the free luncheon and dinner circuit in DC. and abroad.

Absolutely disagree with those who have served are placed on a pedestal above all others.

Adolf Hitler, Bashar al-Assad, "served"

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Well, let’s see ... whatever could be the answer to these pressing questions ...

Oh, I know the Constitution of the United States specifies the rights of both native born and naturalized American citizens.

Further, I’ll just say again, that the disrespect shown to a decorated member in good standing of the Armed Forces is disgusting.

Do you guys think anyone cares that you want to spit on the Constitution and our laws and our military because you love the draft-dodging Donald. J. Trump?

Answer, aside from the gang here, not so much.

I honor Vindman for his military service, but when he engages in blatantly partisan politics he becomes fair game. As for draft-dodging Trump, don’t forget to save some of your vitriol for Bill Clinton, who did his best to avoid the draft. And of course Obama never served, so spare us the my-side-is-more-patriotic-than-your-side spiel. As for spitting on the Constitution, many on the Left are calling for the elimination of the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Further, I’ll just say again, that the disrespect shown to a decorated member in good standing of the Armed Forces is disgusting.

I wonder why that didn't apply to GWB?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Waterglass
*borders.

What rank do you hold in the Grammar Police?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join