It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koalas are.... or aren't functionally extinct

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I don't know about that.

Deer, wild turkey, possum, raccoon, coyotes, foxes, hawks, vultures, a variety of birds, even cougars are creeping back in to our metro suburban yards. That's without accounting for lizards and snakes, turtles, insects, etc, that are there but not as obvious.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Hey bally, that's great some animals are returning already.

The armchair warrior sounds like a right twat, any surviving animals will need help with both food and water, perhaps he/she is unaware that for millions of years the natives of this land backburned every winter, and in doing so it was a slow burn and didn't completely destroy everything like the current fires are doing, the animals could be easily get away from any danger as a result.

The damage done around your neck of the woods is obscene, there's literally nothing left, it's all burnt to a crisp over an extremely large area.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Metallicus
Um, we interfere with nature constantly

Yeah, the animals adapt to nature well, not so well to humans though.

Some can, like raccoons, but few and far between..I'm praying you guys get some rain!

You and me both mate

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

When you become irrelevant in the schema then your days are numbered.
Let them die, it's the law.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: bally001

Hey bally, that's great some animals are returning already.

The armchair warrior sounds like a right twat, any surviving animals will need help with both food and water, perhaps he/she is unaware that for millions of years the natives of this land backburned every winter, and in doing so it was a slow burn and didn't completely destroy everything like the current fires are doing, the animals could be easily get away from any danger as a result.

The damage done around your neck of the woods is obscene, there's literally nothing left, it's all burnt to a crisp over an extremely large area.

It is a good thing that the fauna returns. No drop bears around my selection due to the types of trees but as you know my little patch survives. Would love to see a satellite pic.

The armchair warrior is an elected member of the local council. Apart from that I don't think he has any quals whatsoever. I follow the traditional ways as you mentioned after years in the bush.

My kind regards to you and yours,

Bally.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If they are breeding, they certainally are not functionally extinct. Sounds a bit alarmist... a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

I agree it sounds a bit alarmist.
The first headlines I saw made it look like they were doomed, but looking further and reading.....they have suffered a setback, but are far from being "functionally" extinct.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Australia needs to make a new law. In order to build a new house, a eucalyptus tree and koala must be adopted.

If one koala kicks the adopted koala out of its tree...

Then tribute of a secondary eucalyptus tree must be planted.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

To be fair, the language used is not a surprise. It is from Aussie environmentalists who seem amongst the more extreme environmentalists on the planet. Nothing is ever facing difficulty for them, it is instead "in peril" or "almost extinct".

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join