It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super "Hi-tech" can't stop illegals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
"Facing Camacho and the others across a nearby ditch was an astounding high-tech spiderweb spun by the U.S. Border Patrol in New Mexico. Motion sensors were buried in the ground. High-resolution infrared cameras were mounted on poles, able to spot people five miles off. A man hiding in the dark would pop up larger than life on video monitors 35 miles away, so detailed that technicians could see him sneeze.

On the ground, agents in big sport-utility vehicles were armed with night-vision goggles and satellite global positioning devices. Helicopters buzzed up and down the border, shining powerful spotlights. U.S. Army units preparing to head for Iraq were holding exercises here, too, catching illegal immigrants with precision surveillance equipment designed for war.

Every day of the year, such high-tech barricades help U.S. authorities catch more than 3,000 people along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border. Yet despite the unprecedented investment in technology and manpower, illegal immigrants are still coming in waves — and their numbers are increasing."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Ok it looks like technology can't stop illegals, so now how about hi-tech with teeth. There is no fear of punishment by the illegals. Give them some fear.

Minefields, machineguns, lasers, claymores, heck, pungy-sticks......anything. If 500,000 illegals can gome in each year how about 19 more terrorist for a 911 upgrade...............

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I say, assign the border between mexico and usa to American methproducers (i am not kidding you) that will be allowed to LEGALLY produce overthere on the condition they (cough) "keep the border tidy" and just pay their taxes on the methtrade.

This will save money by tax-income, by less need for law enforcement throughout the united states
Also, a real patriot uses meth instead of coke, meth is a home made product, keep that dollar circulating inside your own economy, Don't blow that foreign snow that might finance terrorists!

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
I say, assign the border between mexico and usa to American methproducers (i am not kidding you) that will be allowed to LEGALLY produce overthere on the condition they (cough) "keep the border tidy" and just pay their taxes on the methtrade.

This will save money by tax-income, by less need for law enforcement throughout the united states
Also, a real patriot uses meth instead of coke, meth is a home made product, keep that dollar circulating inside your own economy, Don't blow that foreign snow that might finance terrorists!

That sounds pretty drastic. On the same note, the Cali Cartel would equally easily patrols the border

That whole thing is a bit crazy.

I say just build the freaking wall.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I thought they had the Cali cartel already patroling Chavez , now how about digging a second Panama channel ?

Isn't the real problem not the High-tec but too many border guards taking huge sums of money ?

In that case the border really would need to be reworked into a zone guarded by smart-mines and drones to cut out the weak bribable humans..

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Horacid. What a nickname. I think of you every time I see the movie 'Clearcut'. Maybe we should shoot migratory birds on sight, too- and eliminate the canine species 'coyote'. I bet you could stop the wind from blowing if you try. Stare in the mirror for a real long time, Horacid. Feel strange? It's because you are an immigrant. Or the descendant of one. And the last time I checked, you don't have a visa from the Cherokee Nation- which makes you illegal in the eyes of my tribe. I guess you'll stop spewing hate when I stop spewing peace and love. Hey here's a thought, visit the zoo. I hear the Chimpanzees are from another country. They like it if you bring them peanuts. I've got a printout of your avatar in the men's- oh, let's don't go there. I'm this close to earning a warn for puking on your posts. I forgive you for your micromindedness. Have a nice day. Stop alienating the neighbors, before they stop being your allies.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hell if they are getting 3000 per day, there must be much more getting across. If we (the U.S.) would get serious about this and tell Mexico's V. Fox to shove it and build a wall like Isreal, that may help contain the main brunt of the invasion. I do not have a clue why Bush is allowing this mass immagration to continue. We can not afford to have anymore of them over here.
I understand that the drug lords would scrafice a load of dope and run an end around play and sneak in twice as much at another point. Maybe one of these days(when our country is broke as hell) will they ever come to their senses. We are not a welfare state but we are sure on the right path.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There is a difference between coming here legally and invading the country. Illegals don't pay taxes, but get welfare, food stamps, free medical care, things a citizen can't get. "What you a citizen? Go away. What? you here legally and can't speak English? Here's 50,000 dollars of American tax payers money."

I still like a cement wall, but first you have a chain link fence with barb wire, then for the next 50 feet land mines, another chain link fence with barb wire, then 100 feet more(no land mines) to the cement wall with the US Troops guarding the border. You know, like how China, Russia, NK/SK, Vietnam, any ME country, most European countries, Mexico, you know, how every other country uses it's troops to protect the country.

Also, I am part Indian, so bite my shiny Cherokee ass!(maybe Cherokee, IDK)

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Horacid. What a nickname. I think of you every time I see the movie 'Clearcut'. Maybe we should shoot migratory birds on sight, too- and eliminate the canine species 'coyote'. I bet you could stop the wind from blowing if you try. Stare in the mirror for a real long time, Horacid. Feel strange? It's because you are an immigrant. Or the descendant of one. And the last time I checked, you don't have a visa from the Cherokee Nation- which makes you illegal in the eyes of my tribe. I guess you'll stop spewing hate when I stop spewing peace and love. Hey here's a thought, visit the zoo. I hear the Chimpanzees are from another country. They like it if you bring them peanuts. I've got a printout of your avatar in the men's- oh, let's don't go there. I'm this close to earning a warn for puking on your posts. I forgive you for your micromindedness. Have a nice day. Stop alienating the neighbors, before they stop being your allies.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Chakotay]

Got new flash for ya, you are decentants of immigrants too. So called "native" Americans came to this continent from somewhere else.

So don't start that "native" BS here.

Key word here is "Illegal". It is so "typical" of lib's to miss the "illegal" part............

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
First, I a lib, second, you don't have to be lib, mainly they green party, not liberal.(I know green is liberal, but green is a dif. kind, like how libertarians are conservative, but a dif. kind from the republicans)

Anyways, still like my idea, and while doing this round up illegals in the country and ship them to Africa or Antartica. "Gee, if I leave my country and get caught, I am sent to the hell holes of the world. I think I will stay here..."

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
First, I a lib, second, you don't have to be lib, mainly they green party, not liberal.(I know green is liberal, but green is a dif. kind, like how libertarians are conservative, but a dif. kind from the republicans)

Anyways, still like my idea, and while doing this round up illegals in the country and ship them to Africa or Antartica. "Gee, if I leave my country and get caught, I am sent to the hell holes of the world. I think I will stay here..."

Does that mean I don't get my 50 cals? Oh man I love that sound and the smell of gunpower in the morning.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Dr. Horacid I seem to recall you haveing this same attitude towards possums.

I agree that we need to stop illegals, but we can't kill them, okay?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Dr. Horacid I seem to recall you haveing this same attitude towards possums.

I agree that we need to stop illegals, but we can't kill them, okay?

Oh, darn....................you take away all my fun.

Seriously, something needs to be done, fear of jail or deportation doesn't seem to do anything. Perhaps death by 50 cals or freezing in antartica would work.

top topics

join