It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man-Made-Climate-Change-Lie

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The Climate industrial Complex eclipses everything because its power,resources(the control of virtually EVERYTHING),money on a global scale that not even multi nationals have at the money.

It has the same potential to be as corrupt as persuits for other energy... Only a fool would say otherwise. Anytime money and humans are combined, we usually get screwed over.

But there is a possibility it could do well if it worked itself out in the free market without government intervention. There is a small possibility we could find cheap, clean, and renewable energy that would also give us energy independence while decreasing our need for foreign projection to keep national energy security interests. I'm not hopeful seeing as everything promising to humanity gets tainted with greed.

Financial Industrial Complex.

I should have known that. It's still early, and I haven't had any coffee, thanks or going easy on me for that dumb question lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We'll all be living on the WIC. Welfare Industrial Complex cause we'd all be on food stamps cause we have no jobs.

If they get their way.

Rolling blackouts,farmers screwed, man made ditches called protected water ways.

All anyone has to do is take a good look at California to see how bad environmentalism is.

At the expense of the people.

To 'save' the planet.
edit on 26-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I want to thank the posters that have illustrated that actions are taking place or plans are being made that don't necessitate a rise in taxes or a loss of freedoms and liberties.

I humbly stand corrected.

It appears that taxes need not be raised or draconian measures taken after all!

This is good news!

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Rolling blackouts,farmers screwed, man made ditches called protected water ways.

All anyone has to do is take a good look at California to see how bad environmentalism is.

It would be hard for me to argue that, because California has proved government lead "altruism" doesn't benefit the people whenever it's forced.

One day when we have a truly free market in relation to energy, and clean renewables become cheaper... I think we'll be in good shape to have a cleaner environment. Anyone's position on climate change is really moot of it's cheaper for clean energy.

But someone has pointed out to me before that we need to change battery technology before it's beneficial truly.... Lithium extraction and disposal is not ideal.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

They are working on that.

Lithium Iron for example.

But still.

Need those resources and they are under da ground.

I was flabergasted when I learned that grid tied solar needs the GRID to even work.

Defeats the purpose.

LOL.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I was flabergasted when I learned that grid tied solar needs the GRID to even work.

Some states require you to be tied to the grid and hold an account with the power company. I don't think they'd have to be tied though. Excess energy could just go to ground.

Many choose to be tied to the grid though so they can sell excess.

Either way, if you are tied and power goes out, you have to shut off so you're not making hot lines during an outage for workers.

We're still not quite there yet... And lithium, the solar examples you brought up, and other examples are proof of this.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Nope they don't have to, but they're call off grid.

When there is a power outage, such as when the utility company has to do repairs on certain power lines, you cannot receive electricity from either the grid or your solar panel system.

rgsenergy.com...

If I am going to spend that free government money.

It'd be going completely offgrid.

Of course still need a genset because of well, da weather.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It would be hard for me to argue that, because California has proved government lead "altruism" doesn't benefit the people whenever it's forced.

One day when we have a truly free market in relation to energy, and clean renewables become cheaper... I think we'll be in good shape to have a cleaner environment. Anyone's position on climate change is really moot of it's cheaper for clean energy.

But someone has pointed out to me before that we need to change battery technology before it's beneficial truly.... Lithium extraction and disposal is not ideal.

The next battery technology is the "glass battery". I hope I'm around to see it in the mainstream.
PBS article:

The new technology not only triples the energy density of lithium-ion, it also recharges in minutes, survives thousands charging cycles, operates across a wide range of temperatures (-4˚ F to 140˚ F), and won’t catch fire. With a little more development, Goodenough, a professor of engineering at the University of Texas, thinks they could reliably replace lithium with sodium, an abundant element that’s in everything from underground seams of salt to nearly ubiquitous ocean water.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I want a Mr. Fusion like in Back to the Future.

Hope I live that long.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Ah, yes

I want a Mr. Fusion like in Back to the Future.

Hope I live that long.

LOL... but what are the environmental impacts of all that time travel? You might just drag CO2 laden air into the future.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Disasterous I'm afraid.

I might step on a butterfly and change everything.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I stepped on a snail earlier while letting the cat out, felt really bad, I know it's just an invertebrate and enemy of lettuce growers world wide but it had done me no harm so I felt very guilty and then got some water to wash it off my step.
www.goodreads.com...
So when my fart dies does it become a hurricane?.

edit on 26-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Floating islands of rubbish, rivers polluted till they are biologically dead, destruction of the environment,

Please don't conflate pollution with climate change.

I'm all for cleaning up pollution, and holding big corporations (or rather, big corporate Executives) accountable, not only to force them to clean up their messes, but also with respect to criminal liability.

But that has nothing whatsoever to do with 'climate change'.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I would disagree as it is a related field of study, much of mankind's impact on the climate is down to pollution, artificial gases such as CFC's for example are pollution and they have adversely affected the make up of the climate breaking down Ozone for example AND they are also insulators so as they have affected the climate, and as our waste dump's over time also release gases into the atmosphere the subject is not really that separate, in fact they are intertwined.
My argument was that most climate change is actually natural and mankind has only affected it slightly, the claim we are the sole cause of climate change is in my opinion utterly wrong and the scare mongering extremists that want to cull humanity are every bit as bad and evil as pol pot, hitler, mao and stalin in my eye's.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

They did. It is called depopulation.

NWO Depopulation

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
The next battery technology is the "glass battery". I hope I'm around to see it in the mainstream.
PBS article:

The new technology not only triples the energy density of lithium-ion, it also recharges in minutes, survives thousands charging cycles, operates across a wide range of temperatures (-4˚ F to 140˚ F), and won’t catch fire. With a little more development, Goodenough, a professor of engineering at the University of Texas, thinks they could reliably replace lithium with sodium, an abundant element that’s in everything from underground seams of salt to nearly ubiquitous ocean water.

I read this article when it came out in Feb 2017, and was very disappointed that I never heard a peep about it since.

Goodenough is one of the original inventors of the current Lithium Ion battery technology, so even though he is 96 years old, he is 100% legit.

Your reference made me take another look, and here is a newer article (about 5 months old), that shows some promise that this tech may actually be not only real, but coming soon - the linked article mentions commercial appearance in @ 3 years, sometime in 2022, and also discusses their interesting claim that not only does this new battery have a huge recharge cycling potential (they claim potentially 23,000 charge/recharge cyles!), but that it actually increases in capacity over time.

So, fingers crossed!

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I want to thank the posters that have illustrated that actions are taking place or plans are being made that don't necessitate a rise in taxes or a loss of freedoms and liberties.

This is good news!

Back to your OP - as you've found, it's not that nobody CAN come up with a solution that doesn't involve government & taxes - it is that nobody HAS come forward with a solution -

Thus your original premise is fully supported by the thread and we can all agree it's about POWER over humanity more than any real intent, proposal or methodology to inhibit, remediate or counter "climate change".

Having recently been to the Perot Museum, this chart says it all for me:
Predicting Climate Change based on Man's Time on Earth is just like planning your financial future by analyzing just five minutes of market data from this morning. Try and pinpoint our last 100,000 years on this chart with 100 million year scale. Good day and You're Welcome - Climate Crisis Intervention Unnecessary. We can all get on with more important things and that European pig-tailed teeny bopper can start singin' "Don't Worry Be Happy".

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
I would disagree as it is a related field of study, much of mankind's impact on the climate is down to pollution, artificial gases such as CFC's for example are pollution and they have adversely affected the make up of the climate breaking down Ozone for example AND they are also insulators so as they have affected the climate, and as our waste dump's over time also release gases into the atmosphere the subject is not really that separate, in fact they are intertwined.
My argument was that most climate change is actually natural and mankind has only affected it slightly, the claim we are the sole cause of climate change is in my opinion utterly wrong and the scare mongering extremists that want to cull humanity are every bit as bad and evil as pol pot, hitler, mao and stalin in my eye's.

Well, I'll accept your argument that they are related, but clarify that it is only very marginal, and while there is likely an affect from our activity, it is so tiny as to be irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is good news!

The problem is that politicians (almost the last people on the planet to grudgingly accept that their oil baron masters have been lying all these years) will nonetheless use climate change as an excuse to raise taxes - it's safer than admitting they are just totally inept with money and spent the whole budget on some missiles to replace they ones they never ever used.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Floating islands of rubbish, rivers polluted till they are biologically dead, destruction of the environment,

Please don't conflate pollution with climate change.

I'm all for cleaning up pollution, and holding big corporations (or rather, big corporate Executives) accountable, not only to force them to clean up their messes, but also with respect to criminal liability.

But that has nothing whatsoever to do with 'climate change'.

Except, prove it
In my opinion, pollution may cause climate change

Happy to stand corrected
Pretty sure pollution is detrimental to the environment, pretty sure that their are knock on effects
My opinion, not science, just what I think
Maybe not the issues I stated but there are others

The new 5G May have an effect, maybe?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join