It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man-Made-Climate-Change-Lie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
One ‘group’ is easily manipulated.

They’re the group who believe EVERY word the mainstream media tells them.

There was Russian influence (no there wasn’t)
There’s no migrant crime in Europe (yes there is)
Orange Man Bad (no he isn’t)

And of course

Climate change is human induced. (Quite possible that’s not the case)

That same easily-manipulated group claims to be the ‘intellectuals’.

They’re not.
edit on 25 11 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: chr0naut

If the problem is scientific, then why is the only solution political?

It isn't the only solution, far from it.

The predominant mitigation attempts are technological and scientific.

There are many ongoing solutions, none of which are sufficient on their own to solve the issue because it IS a big problem.

- There are solutions to replace the carbon fueled transport economy with hydrogen fueled transport economy.
- There are solutions to store energy in a portable form that doesn't release carbon.
- There are solutions for carbon capture by direct technological means - carbon 'scrubbers' factories for the atmosphere.
- There are solutions to capture and sequester the carbon by biological means (forest planting).
- There are solutions to genetically engineer animals and/or their gut biome to produce less greenhouse gas.
- There are solutions to bioengineer new crops so that they sequester more, and release less gaseous carbon and are less energy intensive to farm.
- There are solutions to make firefighting quicker and more efficient so that forests don't burn for ages.
- There are solutions to use more nuclear, geothermal and solar energy directly.
- There are solutions to genetically engineer aquatic creatures to consume carbon and then, when they die, to take that carbon to the bottom of the oceans/lakes and sequester it that way.
- And, there are political solutions, too, because all solutions have a cost/benefit ratio and disrupt the way we have done things in the past, which arguably, caused the problem in the first place.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Those smart people are working on ways to help this problem. Ways that aren't about taxing.
www.npr.org...

All month, we've been talking about how technology can help slow climate change. And today, that brings us to batteries

Your beef is with politicians not scientists.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Have you seen the ecological damage caused to the environment by mining lithium for batteries?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
My circle of friends is essentially the American intelligensia: doctors, lawyers, CFOs and engineers. They are all in on climate change and look down on you if u hint of any skepticism. So that’s the pickle we are in.If u think that there is just something not right. If I bring up the fact the Ice Age has been retreating for 12000 years I get the look like I am simply dumb. The reason there are ice caps is lack of sun. My IQ drops 50 points in the discussion. It can literally drive u crazy. I am too stubborn not to follow my common sense. It’s like their status really depends on this talking point.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Have you seen the ecological damage caused to the environment by mining lithium for batteries?

I'm sure it's as bad as any other kind of mining, is it worse? honest question.

I'm not discounting that its a problem, but at least a battery is generally used and charged a great many times.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yes.
lithium isn't the future of batteries.

There was an interesting thread on water based chemical batteries not to long ago.
Not every solution being tried is a bad one. But some will be yes.

I know people think it's a pipe dream but my hope is in fusion.
www.usiter.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

If you can see that not all ideas are good ones, then might that leave open the thought that not all solutions are good ones, and not all "scientific" findings are always correct?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

We have not adequately solved the problem of efficiently transmuting radioactive *waste* material. Until we do that we are still a desperate Wannabee Evolved smarty pants specie. What is Lithium compared to Uranium or Plutonium?
edit on 25-11-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

might that leave open the thought that not all solutions are good ones, and not all "scientific" findings are always correct?

Who is telling you that this isn't true?

Are people in your real life telling you that every scientist is right and every solution is correct?
And I don't mean people from the internet. But in your real life? Who says these things?

Lot of those here that believe that humans can alter the climate are also saying how wrong they think a carbon tax would be.
I'm one of them, though personally I think the effect we have is being exaggerated and I worry more about the much harsher poisons in the water , air , and food more than the amounts of co2.

That carbon tax stuff is coming from politicians and the very small but loud group of people that support it.

Humans are natural inventors. I'm betting we figure something out that works eventually.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Because they think Jesus is going to rapture them before we kill our planet. Which is way more unlikely than us killing the earth.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Because they think Jesus is going to rapture them before we kill our planet. Which is way more unlikely than us killing the earth.

Well there is this wacky theory that those individuals that have experienced the 'Christ Consciousness Awareness' are (as singular entities), going to take EACH 144,000 human beings with them at a planned zero point destruction or disassembly action of this construct (undetermined). I am not sure what the catalyst of this event is [...]? The Dinosaurs had to go because they grew too big for the environment they inhabited, essentially would have starved to death.
edit on 25-11-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I think climate change is real but exaggerated.

I don't really change day to day other than making positive choices with little effort, like the city offered recycling. I try to recycle, it's just good stewardship.

That being said, I'm all for making a real free market to allow positive changes that I think will help us. Domestic renewable energy once we're not a net producer of fossil fuels. Not subsidizing BS industrial crops that lead to soil erosion and bad health for consumers. If we subsidize crops, reward those that rotate crops and livestock and sell regionally while putting terifs on foreign imports that compete domestically.

That's about as crazy as I'll get on the issue.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
One ‘group’ is easily manipulated.

They’re the group who believe EVERY word the mainstream media tells them.

There was Russian influence (no there wasn’t)

Clearly, there was. Trump said so.

There’s no migrant crime in Europe (yes there is)

No one makes that claim. There's migrant crime everywhere. There's also way more non-migrant crime. Probably because there are so few migrants when compared to the populations who don't migrate.

Orange Man Bad (no he isn’t)

I would think that someone who borrows money, then declares bankruptcy, leaving his creditors with nothing, is bad.
I would think that someone who signs contracts with his workers and then does not honor the contracts, is bad.
I think that someone who refuses to pay his contractors is bad.
I would think that someone who is repeatedly charged with housing discrimination is bad.
I would think that someone who used his charitable foundation to instead pay his campaign finances is bad.
I would think that someone who won't release his tax and other financial records, has something to hide.
But it's all relative. He's never been charged with murder.

And of course

Climate change is human induced. (Quite possible that’s not the case)

That same easily-manipulated group claims to be the ‘intellectuals’.

They’re not.

Lets do a little rumination about those not in the group you just described.

Let's see, they didn't get their information from the main stream media (because the MSM are lying).

They didn't get their information from a university or educational institution because that is where those 'intellectuals' and 'academics' spread their propaganda.

Where the hell do these guys learn all this stuff? Social media?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

If you can see that not all ideas are good ones, then might that leave open the thought that not all solutions are good ones, and not all "scientific" findings are always correct?

Sure, makes sense!

As for solutions, they are not always perfect, you have to accept some compromise sometimes. Work with what you have and put effort into better.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Why in the hell would anyone believe the government could control the climate when they:
Can't make a road without getting potholes every time it gets cold

Can't "help" anybody with anything without totally f'ing it up... Ie healthcare, college tuition, education

Can't balance a single budget

Can't just send you a tax bill but seem to know every last penny you have when they think you screwed then out of something

Wont enforce laws against illegal immigrants but God forbid you go 5 miles over the speed limit.. the court fees are more than the GD ticket.

Etc etc etc
edit on 25-11-2019 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I read an interesting article today about this climate physicist and says it all is a scam...

Top Scientist Resigns: 'Global Warming is a $Trillions Scam — It has Corrupted Many Scientists'

...the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist.

Source

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Speaking of the easily manipulated.......

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Humans in my opinion do add to climate change

Floating islands of rubbish, rivers polluted till they are biologically dead, destruction of the environment, loss of species

Are you confusing climate change with environmental destruction?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I am not certain as to the exact motivation but I can agree whole heartedly that there is a motivation for both sides of this argument and money is definitely a big player in there activity's.

We had the carbon point's swindle which was going to be bigger money for the power players than the fuel industry as one motivational factor.

Yes you do have a point that some people want to use it to take away freedom's but I would argue that those people are on BOTH sides of the argument, FOR and AGAINST man made climate change.

Now here is my belief, Climate change is very, very real.

BUT.

It is not solely down to human activity - though yes I do believe we have contributed to it.

Technically we are currently in an ice age called the Quaternary Ice Age, particularly an inter-glacial or glacial minimum between time's when our world is far colder, 50.000 years ago in the relatively chilly climes of England for example Cheetah, Lion, Hippy (Sorry meant to read hippo but it is apt given that this is the current movement among young kid's today who just like the hippy movement have jumped onto this as there thing?), Giraffe and all manner of African Savannah life roamed the English countryside, then it got cold again and they all retreated or died off, then it thawed out again.

So 50.000 years ago it was a bit warmer than it is today, the world did not end then.

Sitting under 1275 feet of water is an archaeologically inconvenient discovery off of the north west coast of Cuba, the problem for anthropologists and archaeologists is that to get to that depth naturally barring any major seismic activity in the region this SUNKEN CITY COMPLETE WITH PYRAMID TEMPLES would have to be at LEAST 50.000 years old putting it back in the last inter-glacial period between period's of increased glaciation.
moco-choco.com...

Pollution is a thing, plastic in the oceans is toxic and we are poisoning ourselves and our kid's BUT it has been a lot warmer in the past than it is today also the Quaternary glaciation has to end at some point so the planet has to naturally go to a time when there are no polar ice cap's, it has been there in the past and it will be there again in the future and mankind does not even have to do anything for that global warming to occur as it is a natural process, the planet is slowly warming up as it ages due to the sun getting slowly hotter as it ages.

So are some believers in both sides of the argument brainwashed, most definitely especially children being given the wrong education by teachers that are failing to put this global warming into context for them.

And over here in the UK we have a bunch of kid's whom think they know better arguing crap which is being used as ammunition by the political party's to distract from some of there other less palatable policy's.

Also it is a fact that the climate has ALREADY passed a point of no return, the global warming as triggered massive methane release in the permafrost of Siberia and probably Canada, it as triggered release of Crystalline methane deposit's under the sea as well which as they warm up are turning back into gas.

This natural methane release is set to become far larger than any and all human carbon and greenhouse gas emission.

This in turn WILL lead to a further melting of the ice sheet's and glaciers, this in turn will lead to a DESALINATION of the ocean's, this in turn WILL lead to climate change as it will affect the oceanic conveyor.
oceanexplorer.noaa.gov...
Which will also affect the Jet Stream.
www.netweather.tv...

Think about the Oceanic Conveyor, the gulf stream is a part of this AND the Jet stream as circulatory system's in the earths ocean's and atmosphere, they are driven by convection and the Oceanic Conveyor affects the Jet Stream, as the sea becomes less saline the warm water coming north into the north Atlantic will stop, this will due to global warming result in GLOBAL COOLING and possibly even trigger a new glacial maximum or as you better know them an ice age like the one that ended 12600 years ago will begin again, if this happen's sea level's will then begin to drop again and at the height of the last glacial maximum say about 16000 years ago the sea level's were at least 400 feet lower, conversely if all the ice melt's it will only rise by about 260 feet, OK that's enough to ruin your beech party and sink some islands and a few city's but it is extremely far from the end of the world or the human race, more dangerous to humans is the potential of a new ice age.

But if we can survive we will, the new ice age mean's that if the sea's are 400 feet lower then we will be facing the problem of old port city's becoming landlocked and new port city's having to be built on the new lower coast line, if that day ever come's future builders may make some shocking discovery's among all those old ship wreck's, we may have done this all before.

On a side note, of course for someone religious like myself, the Kid's have been brainwashed out of believing in anything other than science by secularist's, the discovery of mysterious thing's pointing to a past with a much lower sea level is of course no surprise, it is in fact something many of us already believe and as for global warming, it happen's and always has, go back to the little ice age a period in which we very nearly prematurely entered the next glacial maximum that lasted from the 1300's to about 1851 and which we slowly were and ARE still coming back out of global famines occurred, entire cultures vanished around the world as a result of this global cooling, viking's even before this were often living in holes dug out of the side of hill's like new cavemen.

But go back 4500 years to Denmark and Norway and we find people living in properly built square footprint cabin's and houses some perhaps with more than one floor level, civilization seem's to rise and fall all of the time, if we throw away our technology and science just to please a bunch of tree hugging ignorant's then we may inadvertently leave ourselves exposed and completely unable to cope with the next natural climate fluctuation which will probably be to the cold side thing's.

edit on 26-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join