It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man-Made-Climate-Change-Lie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Yes, before anyone blows a gasket, I put it here in the 'Pit to give people the opportunity to vent spleen.

My premise; The ongoing fear-mongering about "climate change" is to scare people into doing something they wouldn't normally do.

Like accept a raise in taxes, fewer freedoms, fewer liberties.

My reason?

We've had decades of leftist whine-bags claim that they are the intellectual elite. That they are the smart ones. They have all the degrees and higher learning.

And at the end of all of that, the best that these great scientific minds can come up with, is raising taxes and reducing freedoms.

Really.

Not one effing scientist can come up with a way to save the "planet" without raising taxes and reducing freedoms?

Nothing?

The greatest minds on the planet (according to the religion of climate *blah*) can't come up with a cost-effective way to save the planet that won't cost us an arm and a leg and take away our rights?

It's time to stop acting emotional and "muh feelz" about the climate and start acting rationally and thinking critically.

The proponents are using fear to scare people into accepting higher taxes and fewer freedoms. It's about economic change, not climate change. It's about empowering government, not saving the planet.

Come up with one way to save the planet without raising taxes and empowering government and I'll probably be all for it.

But that's the point.

No one will because this is not and never has been about the planet.

It's all about power.

The emotional reaction is from those that don't accept the reality of climate change.

Sorry if you 'feelz' it isn't true, reality says otherwise.

( As you said, you put it in the pit for a reason)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It's not personal freedoms the OP is worried about but corporate ones (though I think they naively believe they are one in the same). Corporations do the greatest damage but lobby the hardest against having to pay their fair share.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Dont believe you!!

Show how we haven't caused it. It's pretty easy to show it has significantly gone up since the industrial revolution.

No, you guys just deny because it's real easy to do nothing, or not try and change our ways a bit. And I'm talking all the sh#t we are dumping into the oceans, rivers..etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

No problem.

If you can find something rational to reply with, it'd be welcome.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
Yup, agree'd.

Good thing the turd in charge killed many of the protections put in place
..money rules over all.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

No problem.

If you can find something rational to reply with, it'd be welcome.

If you say something rational to reply to I will be happy to oblige.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yes I Can .............GOOGLE It Yourself . What am I ? a Free Lunch ? Get Outta here...........

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So let me add a little fuel to the fire.

You all know about the 11,000 scientist that claimed that climate change is real and will destroy life on earth unless we make drastic changes soon. Here is a snippet of what they said many times over.

(CNN)How many scientists does it take to convince the world to take climate change seriously?

More than 11,000 researchers from around the world on Tuesday issued a grim warning of the "untold suffering" that will be caused by climate change if humanity doesn't change its ways.
The group said that as scientists, they have the "moral obligation to tell it like it is."
Phoebe Barnard, one of the lead authors of the report and the chief science and policy officer at the Conservation Biology Institute, a nonprofit science group, told CNN the report makes it clear "there's no more wiggle room" for policymakers.

Hell even the BBC said the same thing

BBC A global group of around 11,000 scientists have endorsed research that says the world is facing a climate emergency.

The study, based on 40 years of data on a range of measures, says governments are failing to address the crisis.

Without deep and lasting changes, the world is facing "untold human suffering" the study says.

The researchers say they have a moral obligation to warn of the scale of the threat.

Now here is the fun, just who are the "Conservation Biology Institute"?

Well they are out Oregon State University and this was a petition project of the College of Forestry there. The petition was a web site where anyone could press a green button to sign and just about anyone did. You could throw a dart at a dart board of 100 jobs to include "student" and hit a job of who was on the list. A good number of the names were also faked, but the bigger deal is a just about all were not scientists of any kind.

The university is backing away from it, calling it only a project now...

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Dont believe you!!

Show how we haven't caused it. It's pretty easy to show it has significantly gone up since the industrial revolution.

No, you guys just deny because it's real easy to do nothing, or not try and change our ways a bit. And I'm talking all the sh#t we are dumping into the oceans, rivers..etc.

Hey , A Rats Ahass just Called , he dose'nt Care either ............

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

No surprise you guys don't care

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Because it's all about "caring" isn't it.

Just more emotional manipulation.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy
Hardly,

What freedoms are you scared are being taken away by acknowledging there is a problem that we have created..to some degree.

And for the record, I do not support carbon taxes.

What freedoms am I "scared" of?

Why not list the Green New Deal for one.

Driving my auto.
Paying for gas.
Heating my home.
Eating meat.

I mean, those are just basic rights at risk and I'm just going off the top of my head.

The new green deal is a fantasy.

You think the oil companies are going to allow their business to dissolve?

You post sums up the problem actually..fear mongering via both sides of this issue.

edit on 25-11-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Because it's all about "caring" isn't it.

Just more emotional manipulation.

Probably better to "give a rats ass..than not.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So there is no real problem, is there?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Not one effing scientist can come up with a way to save the "planet" without raising taxes and reducing freedoms?

You figure all those 'scientists' would at least say something about micro climates.

Those big stone buildings and paved cities home to millions. That POLLUTE fly over country.

Lots of micro climates exist all over the world both natural and manmade.

But the best they come up with is saying give the state more power and more money to do nothing.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yes I Can .............GOOGLE It Yourself . What am I ? a Free Lunch ? Get Outta here...........

While I realize that this is indeed the mud pit I was going to give you an opportunity to defend your stance but seeing how you're definitely only interested in slinging the mud I'm going to sling it back in the most basic form for you to comprehend

Look pictures with easy to follow colour lines! Ooooh ahhhhh

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Pretty easy.

TIME.

Just like a stock chart.

Hour,day, 5 minute,15 minute,week,month,Year,5 year.

Time is relevative to the observer.

Expand the time frame of those charts and you get an entirely different picture.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So there is no real problem, is there?

I disagree, there indeed is a problem..carbon taxes are not going to fix it though..we are on the same page in that regard.

On a personal level, all I can do is try not to be wasteful, recycle more than I do. Corps need to be more accountable.

Driving is a fact of life for me, so not demanding everyone stop driving.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey?

The reason they call it 'man made' is so man can pay,pay.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You would have to be a helmet wearing idiot to think we have not caused some of this.

Point of order. 'Cause' is not the topic. Whatever 'this' is, is not being discussed.

The OP is about the problems government will create when it thinks it will solve 'this', regardless of how minimal or catastrophic it turns out to be.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join