It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man-Made-Climate-Change-Lie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yes, before anyone blows a gasket, I put it here in the 'Pit to give people the opportunity to vent spleen.

My premise; The ongoing fear-mongering about "climate change" is to scare people into doing something they wouldn't normally do.

Like accept a raise in taxes, fewer freedoms, fewer liberties.

My reason?

We've had decades of leftist whine-bags claim that they are the intellectual elite. That they are the smart ones. They have all the degrees and higher learning.

And at the end of all of that, the best that these great scientific minds can come up with, is raising taxes and reducing freedoms.

Really.

Not one effing scientist can come up with a way to save the "planet" without raising taxes and reducing freedoms?

Nothing?

The greatest minds on the planet (according to the religion of climate *blah*) can't come up with a cost-effective way to save the planet that won't cost us an arm and a leg and take away our rights?

It's time to stop acting emotional and "muh feelz" about the climate and start acting rationally and thinking critically.

The proponents are using fear to scare people into accepting higher taxes and fewer freedoms. It's about economic change, not climate change. It's about empowering government, not saving the planet.

Come up with one way to save the planet without raising taxes and empowering government and I'll probably be all for it.

But that's the point.

No one will because this is not and never has been about the planet.

It's all about power.

edit on 25-11-2019 by DBCowboy because: Network dude has great beer

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why does the solution have to go through government, and come out as a tax?

If the world's richest are concerned, can they not band together and create those solutions, without the need for taxation?

Hmmmmmmm.
edit on 25-11-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It is about the planet, like most good things climate change has been used as a tool and perverted
Humans in my opinion do add to climate change, how much humanity causes the change is the question

Floating islands of rubbish, rivers polluted till they are biologically dead, destruction of the environment, loss of species

Humanity can be disrespectful.

Though your point and complaint is largely valid, a babies and bath water analogy may apply

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not this Nonsense Again ? CO2 Levels Today are 50 Times Lower than they were in 10,000 BC . This has Always been about a " Carbon Tax " Ponzi Scheme by NWO Shills to Control Peoples Lives . Enough Already , the Climate Fanatics
will Always be a Minority Opinion when it comes to The Real Science of Climatology .

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
How about this maybe Mit to the rescue

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Like I said, come up with a solution that doesn't take away my rights and freedoms and I'll probably be all for it.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I think it is sadly the human paradigm... we simply must believe we're at the cusp of disaster at all times and, to make matters worse, we must believe that anything and everything is both driven by humans and can be countered by humans (or, rather, by separating us from our finite monetary resources, traditions, and freedoms.)

In reality, humanity ain't SNIP. We're nowhere near as impactful or as potent as we'd like to believe we are. We are here, we live, and we ultimately die... the globe keep spinning, the weather continues to change, and the only footprint each of us leaves is some manner of garbage that will eventually rot away same as we do (though some of that garbage may take what seems to be a ridiculously long time to decompose, we're only viewing it through human terms of longevity... in the grand cosmic scene that time is stupidly short.)

The really disturbing thing to me is that somehow a swath of people have been brainwashed or programmed to reject human nature unquestioningly and screw themselves and their own in the process because we have a blatantly obvious scam being played on us that goes by the name of "Anthropomorphic climate change." It is a cult, same as any other cult out there. Look at, for instance, Scientology...
You must not question the theories or leadership of Scientology.
You must pay into Scientology, unflinchingly, whatever sum the machine demands you pay.
Scientology's needs and instructions come before and often to the detriment of yourself, your family, and your community.
Do not point out the foibles and lack of adherence to the rules of Scientology practiced by all of the higher ups within Scientology, the rules exist for YOU to follow, not for those who are better than you.
Etc...

So yeah, I find the Climate Change crowd to be a bunch of gullible, self depreciative rubes who are just a notch or two away from the mental illness and mass delusions of the Heaven's Gate or Jonestown idiots.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If humankind is changing the climate, then humankind needs to unite and un-change the climate.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. (USA emits less than 15% of global gasses)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They're manipulative.

They're con-men.

They stroke you with feel good emotions and then support the strictly emotional arguments made.

We have 10 years left!

We're all going to die!

What about the children!

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If humankind is changing the climate, then humankind needs to unite and un-change the climate.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. (USA emits less than 15% of global gasses)

Well that's the other side of the argument.

In order to save the planet, we'd have to become a one-world-globalist government.

Again, it's just about power and control.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Raggedyman

Like I said, come up with a solution that doesn't take away my rights and freedoms and I'll probably be all for it.

Yeah , Now go do " Your Part " Bill and Plant a Friggin' Tree Already , They Just LOVE CO2 ! ...........)
edit on 25-11-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   
You would have to be a helmet wearing idiot to think we have not caused some of this.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Could you provide your evidence that CO2 levels are lower than they were 10,000 years ago? Because every graph I've come across show a pretty consistent low trend until the industrial revolution when it suddenly spikes and has kept spiking since.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
You would have to be a helmet wearing idiot to think we have not caused some of this.

See?

Emotional.

OMG!

We CAUSED THIS!

*AAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So name me 5 solutions that don't take away rights or freedoms and raise taxes.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

... and smoking, they say it causes cancer, and Russian Roulette, dangerous, what piffle!

You'd be more likely to fall off the edge of the world...

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So you have nothing rational to counter my argument with.

Didn't think so.

You're just proving my point.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Actually 70% of Earth's air comes from the oceans via plankton and algae and there's a steady decline in their populations each year.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hardly,

What freedoms are you scared are being taken away by acknowledging there is a problem that we have created..to some degree.

And for the record, I do not support carbon taxes.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

" have not caused some of this. |

Man has Contributed Minimal Percentages of CO2 into the Earth's Atmosphere in the Last 500 Years .This So Called " Climate Change " is something that has Never been an Exact Science due to a Lack of Data for the creation of Exact Climate Models that would Finally Settle the Matter with those Who Continue to Defy Reality .
edit on 25-11-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Hardly,

What freedoms are you scared are being taken away by acknowledging there is a problem that we have created..to some degree.

And for the record, I do not support carbon taxes.

What freedoms am I "scared" of?

Why not list the Green New Deal for one.

Driving my auto.
Paying for gas.
Heating my home.
Eating meat.

I mean, those are just basic rights at risk and I'm just going off the top of my head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join