It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Army recruits down 41 percent since 2000

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Man, how many of you people spouting your opinions on this issue are actually black?

I happen to be black and I'm going to throw my 2 cents in the mix since non-blacks seem to be doing so...

For one, slaves WERE bred to be bigger and stronger, how else would you get the max production out of them?

Two, blacks don't only do well in basketball. There's football, baseball, even golf if you count Tiger (I don't, he's a little of everything
). The point is that people can't be surprised if people who were "bred" for labor excel at sports.

As for basketball as the only way out of the hood, what about other sports? What about intellectual blacks such as myself? What about the drug dealers, isn't that a way to move out of the hood?
Don't worry, that's not a racist comment; the biggest drug dealers are WHITE men!! Don't believe it, of course you don't...

Anyway, back to the topic. Whoever said that they shouldn't track black recruits had a good point. Why no stats on white recruits? Or any other race, for that matter?

Personally, as a black college student, there's no way I would fight in this war. This war is BS, there, I said it. If someone attacked our country, I would fight, no doubt. But, I ain't fighting just so some rich a$$ politicians get closer to controlling the globe. And PLEASE don't tell me Bin Laden and Al-CIAda, I mean Al-Qaeda
attacked us on 9/11. If you believe that, you are a moron, plain and simple.

I see this report as more doublethink anyway. I guess No Child Left Behind ain't really working, huh?
I saw so many damn military recruits my senior year of high school it wasn't funny.

I don't blame the blacks who don't volunteer for service. Look at the past US wars. In WWII, the black vets came back to a racist country who didn't consider them citizens. Same thing for Vietnam. So please get off your high horses. If this country wasn't so focked up, you might see more "minorities" fighting for it.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Man, how many of you people spouting your opinions on this issue are actually black?

I don't blame the blacks who don't volunteer for service. Look at the past US wars. In WWII, the black vets came back to a racist country who didn't consider them citizens. Same thing for Vietnam. So please get off your high horses. If this country wasn't so focked up, you might see more "minorities" fighting for it.

So to even have a "comment" on the subject one needs to be "black". BS, more arrogant racisim. Blacks volunteered for a "free" ride back in the 90's. Now that the "free" ride is over and the Army has to actually fight and do something "they" are running for the hills. The whole fighting for the "whiteman" thing is just a cover for cowardice. Lazy cowardice.........

The only problem with america is 40 years of liberal infestation. Like a vile slow working virus. Liberal judges making law and college "proff's" twisting the minds of ignorant children. Everyone forgets college is where the ignorant learn............too long the ignorant have been poluted by liberal bias...............

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
DrHoracid, you're so lame.

Why do you pretend that no blacks have ever fought in the military? You seem pretty stupid to assume that we are scared to fight. Hell, you can go back to the Civil War, when blacks who were still SLAVES fought on the "promise" of freedom.

I guess not enough blacks have died in wars for you to feel satisfied. Oh, wait, a lot have...
Go sniff some paint, it might actually help you...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Alright all is good, but Dr. I want you to look at these websites.

www.aaanet.org...
www.physanth.org...

Quoted

"Evidence from the analysis of genetics (e.g., DNA) indicates that most physical variation, about 94%, lies within so-called racial groups. Conventional geographic "racial" groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes. This means that there is greater variation within "racial" groups than between them. In neighboring populations there is much overlapping of genes and their phenotypic (physical) expressions. Throughout history whenever different groups have come into contact, they have interbred. The continued sharing of genetic materials has maintained all of humankind as a single species."

So with that physical variation also comes the view of tissue? How can that be if the DNA structures within races is so diverse?

"Biological differences between human beings reflect both hereditary factors and the influence of natural and social environments. In most cases, these differences are due to the interaction of both. The degree to which environment or heredity affects any particular trait varies greatly"

So, what your saying is also true. The natural environment of most of the past African societies were second world (now known as third world) countries, hunters and gatherers or gatherers and hunters societies- whatever your position is : P. So the biological construction of a stronger leg muscle tissue has a strong possibility of being the real deal.

The question now is...
Where do you draw the line?

Reminds me of a battle of ironclads

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Listen there is hope for the future where we wont even care about who is enlisting in the military because the people/things serving will either be robots or clones.

And I’m white and I’m actually thinking about joining USMC, and I think a lot of my black friends would serve in the military however they don't like fighting a war that has no meaning to them. They all say to me that if the situation came where the U.S. was actually attacked and threatened by another country like 9.11 then they wouldn't mind enlisting and fight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join