It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Army recruits down 41 percent since 2000

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
"The Army's wartime recruiting challenge is aggravated by a sharp drop in enlistments by black people during the past four years. Internal Army and Defense Department polls trace that to an unpopular war in Iraq and concerns among black citizens with Bush administration policies.

The Army strains to meet recruiting goals in part because black volunteers have fallen 41 percent. They've gone from 23.5 percent of recruits in fiscal 2000 down to 13.9 percent in the first four months of fiscal 2005."

snip

"The Marine Corps also reports a drop in black recruits. But its recruit racial data is now suspect because of a government policy - effective Jan. 1, 2003 - that allows recruits and all new federal workers to decline to identify their race. The Army has found a way to continue to track accurately its racial data, said S. Douglas Smith, spokesman for the recruiting command."

www.dailypress.com...

This story and how it is written is proof the "poverty pimps" are still trying to create a biggotry between the races so they can keep american blacks in slavery to them.

Why is the army still tracking "black recruits"? Why is it significant? How many years have we heard black leaders screaming that because there are more blacks in the military fighting the "whitemans" war......war is wrong.

If this society is to be truely "color blind" then stop tracking skin color.

The bottom line here is the recruits now actually reflect proportionality. Isn't that what the "movement" for equality was all about?

Then "Rangle" tries to blame the drop in recruits on the war on terror......if so then he is saying blacks are cowards isn't he?

All African-Americans should be outraged and insulted by these internal "biggots"...............

[edit on 8-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Explain again how you think certain races have certain intrinsic abilities i.e. one race is good at sports, one arts, etc.
How is that not bigotry? To assume that, based on ones skin pigment, or the slant of the eyes, they will be more pre-dispositioned toward certain behaviour? It seems a bit hypocritical of you to carry the banner of equality. Unless I have misunderstood your belief of eugenics, then I apologize.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Explain again how you think certain races have certain intrinsic abilities i.e. one race is good at sports, one arts, etc.
How is that not bigotry? To assume that, based on ones skin pigment, or the slant of the eyes, they will be more pre-dispositioned toward certain behaviour? It seems a bit hypocritical of you to carry the banner of equality. Unless I have misunderstood your belief of eugenics, then I apologize.

Appology accepted............however, again certain "races" do have certain superior abilities in varied fields. Fact not biggotry. Why is professional Basketball and Football in the US dominated by African-Americans? Natural genetic ability..............

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Well the White Biggots who owned slaves liked to Breed African Americans to make Super Slaves.. So today they are Physically Superior to whites in Athletics.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Well the White Biggots who owned slaves liked to Breed African Americans to make Super Slaves.. So today they are Physically Superior to whites in Athletics.

What about the Black slave owners?

americancivilwar.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

americancivilwar.com...

Free black slaves (through the help of abolitionists and other slaves) bought other black slaves, their relatives. It was the only way to get their freedom. But, like everything in government and business, you need a record and receipt when you buy anything, so, on the surface, it would give the appearance of blacks owning slaves.

Do you really believe blacks could own land that would require slaves, and that blacks would be successful enough on this land that they owned to need slaves to work it?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

americancivilwar.com...

Free black slaves (through the help of abolitionists and other slaves) bought other black slaves, their relatives. It was the only way to get their freedom. But, like everything in government and business, you need a record and receipt when you buy anything, so, on the surface, it would give the appearance of blacks owning slaves.

Do you really believe blacks could own land that would require slaves, and that blacks would be successful enough on this land that they owned to need slaves to work it?

Curme, do you really believe Blacks are so mucvh better than whites that they wouldn't own slaves?
lets not forget who sold the american slaves into slavery in the first place.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

americancivilwar.com...

Yes, in Texas and Louisiana blacks did own plantations and owned slaves..

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Let's get back to the real issue . the issue is being that blacks have declined by a whopping 41% to join the arm forces. reasons for this being, maybe alot of them, are dying in da ghettoes, no need for them, to go and fight in the frontlines.(oh well i maybe a lil sacarstic here) but, what's the point? we don't need to go and fight no white man's war! and the question to ask, is who is replacing thses potential black recruits places, are they Chinse? Hispanic, native americans?, Indians? who?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Somehow, I think the black community will be hard pressed to be pissed at these "bigots". We are not color blind. Never have been, so let's not expect it to start now.

41% down. That is most likely attributable to the political leanings of the black community. That is a trend of circumstance and history rather than actual belief.

But perhaps we should tend to our own bigots before we jump on theirs.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Let's get back to the real issue . the issue is being that blacks have declined by a whopping 41% to join the arm forces. reasons for this being, maybe alot of them, are dying in da ghettoes, no need for them, to go and fight in the frontlines.(oh well i maybe a lil sacarstic here) but, what's the point? we don't need to go and fight no white man's war! and the question to ask, is who is replacing thses potential black recruits places, are they Chinse? Hispanic, native americans?, Indians? who?

No I think "Americans" are filling the ranks. Stop labels, stop racisim.....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Get real! americans you think in the newscast that the whites refer you to just an american? They don't you are not an american you an afro american or an asian american, same thing in London, you thing that you will be refered to as an englishman?! no you will not be refered to as that, you will be know n as afro caribbean, or something of that nature..... but definetly not a englishman, to them you don't have the culture as being british fully, you just don't have the culture, let's get real1 we have a hard fight as a people..

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Doc, perhaps you think that. I try to as well, but let's look at the country and world we live in. Humans hate, fear, and are insecure with themselves. Because the open hatred of blacks has gone under the surfaces does not mean it isn't there. I believe it's lessened as the generations progress, but only in transition to some other focal point.

In this case, it seems to be political affiliation (which seems to have racial implications as it is).

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Instead of cussing, ranting and raving and getting banned, I'll just ignore the slavery apolgists and say this:

There are far more blacks in Basketball than whites not because they are physically superior, but instead because of culture. When you are stuck in the situtation where you have little else to do but play basketball all day, when that's the only game that you know and have access to, when basketball is your only hope for escaping the "rut" you're in....you bet you'll be better in it than everyone else. So cut the f-ing crap about genetics this, and genetics that. Oh, I said I wasn't going to do that....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, the NAACP issued a statement at the begining of the Iraqi War, urging young blcks not to enlist in the military and go fight the "white man's" war.

I'll try to find a link to back up this claim, though I read it in the newspaper!

I just don't see how the NAACP can scream equality when the language and tactics they use promotes divisiveness.

Beats me! I'm glad I've got some good friends of African descent, and they think the NAACP is a group of trouble makers. Just like the KKK, just another race!

EDIT: I apologize if I strayed a bit from the subject at hand.

[edit on 9/3/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The overall low is starting to be a concern for the arm forces they all having low quotas, first they though that it was going to be ok in the new year but now they are counting that it will be better at the end of the year.

Bottom line is that it's a concern about the lack of interest.

It will get bad if the quotas doesn't start getting better soon.

About the slave well the slave trade started by the Portuguese to the Spanish colonies first, my island was one of the first places where slaves were introduce by the Spaniards it was most later on in the US colonies.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Oh, the race card.

'Ya know, after suffering some race-related attacks myself, (I'm white), I can tell you that people's bias come from experience.

Anywho, that was a bit of a tangent, but,

Does it really matter? As long as they have the right spirit, they follow orders, etc., skin color matters not.

Of course, the stereotype that 'black' people do not follow orders, and like to upset the 'white man', comes around every now and again.

-wD

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You know I wonder if the emphasis of "black Army recruits down" is nothing more than a way to bring out that Black Americans are less patriotic than any other races.

But the fact is that the low is "overall" in all races of eligible Americans not only on one particular one.

I wonder if somebody wants something to start.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Did anyone else find it strange that a drop in recruits coincides with continued increase in college enrollment?

Maybe it's just me...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

OK Dave Chapelle, Why do you continue to do this?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join