It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Opened the Can

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

LOL ... physician heal thyself.

Seriously.

Apparently I need to make this a bit easier for you to understand. Yes, the world is less safe for all our armed forces members because the President of the United States interfered not only with Gallagher’s discipline but with two soldiers CONVICTED of war crimes so that he can have them join him on the campaign trail.

Taking a photograph in uniform with a dead enemy combatant is against regulations, because it desecrates the fallen. That is against the international conventions of warfare. Now, you may think, as Trump does not having actually served, that regulations are just there to be overlooked at will, but that’s just not the way it is.

Military discipline depends on adherence to the rules, regs and more than that, the law of war. When a country ignores these conventions, for example, why should an enemy who captures our forces honor them. Answer, they wouldn’t ... and that makes everyone less safe

Trump understands none of that. He did not serve, and in the most polite way possible, not only did he not serve but he AVOIDED service illegitimately. ANd for the record because I know you will try to throw it up next, I registered for service but was not called. But this isn’t about me.

Following orders is indeed what makes any military force run ... and Trump, the egotistical gas bag that he is, just sent a message to our forces that you don’t have to follow the rules, you will not be held accountable under military justice, as long as the President needs a photo op.

Please.
edit on 26-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: shooterbrody

“Posing for a picture” like some thug in utter disregard for his own honor and that of his country.

Seven of his peers saw it differently. That should tell you something.

It won’t but it should.

lol
your faux outrage is appropriate for the gimmik
were that the law he was prosecuted for was applied equally

still does not make what potus did wrong
potus rooting out the bs old boys network in the military is a good thing
no matter if you like it or not

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, the world is less safe for all our armed forces members because the President of the United States interfered not only with Gallagher’s discipline but with two soldiers CONVICTED of war crimes so that he can have them join him on the campaign trail.

easily one of the stupidest things ever posted here
the world is no less safe
tho the pink hats may verbalize so

getting rid of the bs actually makes the world a safer place
not that you would ever acknowledge that

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Blatta blatta.

Talk about the topic if you want a response.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Blatta blatta.

Talk about the topic if you want a response.

says the person unfamiliar with the actual case
justice for some eh?
tlb
as long as it makes trump look bad right?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Lieutenant Lorance was convicted at trial in 2013 for ordering the shooting of a group of civilians in Afghanistan, an order he then tried to cover up. He was given a full pardon.

Chief Gallagher was charged with the murder of a captive in Iraq but was acquitted this summer of all charges except for the minor charge of posing for a photo with a corpse.

Major Golsteyn was awaiting trial on charges that he murdered an unarmed Afghan in 2010.

“Golsteyn is the most troubling, because the system was never given a chance to work,” said Charles Dunlap, a retired major general who was the deputy judge advocate general of the Air Force and is now the head of Duke University’s Center on Law, Ethics and National Security. “A court-martial is the best way to determine the facts,” he added. “We were never able to find out whether the facts would clear Golsteyn or not.” Many senior military leaders felt the pardons sent the wrong message, said Phillip Carter, an Iraq War veteran who researches military issues at the RAND Corporation.

Source - NYT

Trump-lovers, spare us the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the New York Times. Facts are facts, and the fact there is that Trumpy the Presidential Clown has usurped not only military order in the US Armed Forces, but has sent a message around the world that the US disregards international law when we feel like it.

GIve me a break. Take your faux patriotism and Trump boot licking somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
you not understanding the cic and the powers entrusted to such is hilarious
you attempting to scare the world again because trump is the cic is redundant
trump rooting out corruption in the military is good

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
you not understanding the cic and the powers entrusted to such is hilarious
you attempting to scare the world again because trump is the cic is redundant
trump rooting out corruption in the military is good

Oh give us a break Skippy. Your posts are apparently on the boot-licking, Trump loving train. You don’t have any standing to critique anything I say because a) your posts are lies and b) you’re obsessed.

The Commander In Chief would not ignore military justice, protocol, discipline and THE ADVICE OF MILITARY COMMAND if he were competent to his position. Yes, Generals and Admirals have to grit their teeth and say “Yessir.” But I do not.

Trump has no standing with me bud. He’s another citizen that somehow managed to land a job he’s woefully unqualified for at best, and incompetent to due to medical issues at least.

Tired of wasting time on garbage posts; make an argument.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Perhaps we’ll get to see that sometime ...

Sorry, it takes one to recognize one, so I guess that leaves you out.

Maybe you can get with scarecrow - I hear he was able to find a brain somewhere...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You don’t have any standing to critique anything I say because a) your posts are lies and b) you’re obsessed.

first refuge of those who have no actual arguement
tlb

The Commander In Chief would not ignore military justice, protocol, discipline and THE ADVICE OF MILITARY COMMAND if he were competent to his position.

Again you show your ignorance about this specific case and the cic in general.
more tlb
not surprising
When shown the level of corruption with respect to this case it is exactly what the cic should do.

Trump has no standing with me bud.

Surprised you actually admit such.
Colors all you post on the subject and shows no actual objectivity.
tlb

Good thing trump had standing with those who actually mattered, those who elected him.
His ridding the military of corrupt officials is a good thing no matter how much you cry about it.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Wakka wakka.

Talk about the topic, not me.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Surprised you actually admit such.
Colors all you post on the subject and shows no actual objectivity.

Really? What gave it away ... do you think it was “Trumpy the Presidential Clown”?

Here, I’ll indulge your obsession one more time this morning, and then I have to move on.

I’m on the record FOR YEARS stating my estimation of Trump’s incompetence. Before and after his election.

IF obvious BIAS either for or against TRUMP negates the authority to post here, well, then bub, about 3 people would be posting in the Bigfoot forum.

Give us a break. Got somethin’ real, bring it. Stop crying about what you think about me. I DO NOT CARE.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Some education for you, not that you will use it.

www.nationalreview.com...

Evidence that Gallagher sniped civilians was nonexistent. The evidence showed that rather than killing the ISIS prisoner, Gallagher had tried to save his life. And the claims against him were brought by SEALs who resented his leadership and were acting out of a vendetta against him.

cheer on for out of control prosecutors and those who would enable them
since in this case they are on the opposite side of trump
imo a cic who roots out corruption is a good thing

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The jury of five Marines, one Naval officer, and one SEAL deliberated for roughly eight hours before finding Gallagher not guilty on every count but one — the charge of taking a picture with the dead ISIS terrorist. Gallagher had not contested that charge, and given his extended pretrial detention, he’s not likely to face any additional jail time for it. He may still face administrative punishment from the Navy, but he will almost certainly go free. To be clear, I’m not arguing that the trial verdict proves Gallagher’s virtue as a SEAL, but that wasn’t the question at issue in the case

From your source: National Review

So, your own source states conclusively that Gallagher was guilty on the charge of posing with a fallen enemy. I’ve been saying that for pages in this thread.

Next?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The soldier in question was convicted properly in a court of military justice.

The soldier in question never should have been brought up on charges in the first place.
The cic trying to remedy the situation is EXACTLY what a cic should do.

You only protest out of hollow bitter spite.
tlb

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The soldier in question was convicted properly in a court of military justice.

The soldier in question never should have been brought up on charges in the first place.
The cic trying to remedy the situation is EXACTLY what a cic should do.

You only protest out of hollow bitter spite.
tlb

Well, the Navy disagrees with your assessment. Given what I know about your posts, I’ll believe the Navy on this one.

You post out of blind Trump love.
edit on 26-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Technically, the President works for We the People, wouldn’t you say?

You can’t be in favor of this wild overreach of Presidential authority and spitting in the face of the Navy can you?

I stopped reading the thread here.

Gryp... do you not know he is commander and chief? Because he represents the people, he out ranks all of the military...that is the system placed by founders.

I am from the US Navy a lifetime ago, never "ex navy". My colleagues all applauded Trump on this issue. There is a few million of us, we vote, so watch.

mg

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Missed ... yes, I know that Trump is the President, and that makes him Constitutionally the Commander in Chief.

That means, for good or for ill, our military has to obey his lawful commands.

You guys seem to be confused in that I am not subject to Trump as Commander in Chief. He is to me another citizen elevated to high office that he is not competent for. Military Command implored Mr. Trump not to intervene as he has to no avail.

They have followed his orders. Regardless of the incompetent, bumbling, self-serving nature of those orders. They have to grit their teeth and bear it, I do not.

Thank you for your service. All due respect, you and your buddies are not a million veterans. That said, vote your conscience.

ETA: I see you must have triggered on my phrase regarding “his authority.” Yes, I know that Trump has the Constitutional authority to do what he’s done. NO, he should not have done it.
edit on 26-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Thank you for your service. All due respect, you and your buddies are not a million veterans. That said, vote your conscience.

You assume you are right, perhaps a few of us meet for coffee once a year? no.

ETA: "triggered" , you are one if many that throw around an irrelevant term placing an opinion below one's own.

mg
edit on 26-11-2019 by missed_gear because: eta

edit on 26-11-2019 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
nope
your ignorance betrays you

www.navytimes.com...

Military prosecutors in the case of a Navy SEAL charged with killing an Islamic State prisoner in Iraq in 2017 installed tracking software in emails sent to defense lawyers and a reporter in an apparent attempt to discover who was leaking information to the media, according to lawyers who told The Associated Press that they received the corrupted messages.

not surprising you cheer for the bs you pretend to be against

The defense attorneys told The Associated Press the intrusion may have violated constitutional protections against illegal searches, guarantees of lawyer-client privilege and freedom of the press, and may constitute prosecutorial misconduct.

this entire case was bs
but because trump is involved you cheer for rights violations
tlb
no values just hate

"I've seen some crazy stuff but for a case like this it's complete insanity," said attorney Timothy Parlatore. "I was absolutely stunned ... especially given the fact that it's so clear the government has been the one doing the leaking."

lol

Given what I know about your posts, I’ll believe the Navy on this one.

such arrogant ignorance

Embedding emails with "devices designed to monitor defense communications" implicates Portier's right to counsel and right against unreasonable search and seizure, wrote Air Force Lt. Col. Nicholas McCue, one of Portier's defense lawyers. He said he wanted to make sure the measure didn't violate the confidentiality of Portier's communications with his attorney.

Ret. Lt. Col. Gary Solis, who teaches law at Georgetown and as a Marine Corps lawyer prosecuted some 400 cases and was a judge on more than 300 others, said he had never heard of hidden cyber tracking software sent to defense lawyers by prosecutors.

"Not only is it ethically questionable, it may be legally questionable," Solis said. "When it's apparently so easily discoverable when done in an ineffectively haphazard manner ... it's questionable on an intellectual level."

real stand up people, right?

“These allegations, if true, are a troubling assault on journalists and the work we do," said Andrew Tilghman, the executive editor for Military Times, which includes Navy Times.

“These are not classified documents that we’re talking about, so it’s especially disturbing to hear that the federal government is taking these extreme measures to secretly surveil the activities of our reporter and violate their constitutional rights against unlawful search. This is potentially unlawful and should be thoroughly investigated.”

The tracking software was discovered almost immediately by defense lawyers who couldn't help but notice an unusual logo of an American flag with a bald eagle perched on the scales of justice beneath the signature of Czaplak. It was not an official government logo.

Parlatore said suspicious tracking software was embedded in the logo. He contacted Czaplak to make sure his email had not been hacked.

"I can't imagine you'd be trying to track defense attorneys' emails," Parlatore said he told Czaplak. "I want to make sure your system hasn't been compromised."

Two days later, during a closed-door meeting with the judge in San Diego, the defense pushed for more answers and the prosecutor acknowledged sending something as part of an investigation, but declined to elaborate, Parlatore said.

Further, because they don't know the extent of the monitoring, McCue said Air Force defense lawyers had to take action to prevent communications with defendants in hundreds of cases from being compromised.

yeah , a paragon of standing up for the constitution you are
cheering government surveillance upon defendants

real nice

"This is a novel thing. We hadn't considered this before — a Trojan horse they put on the system to do this," Prine said. "What else is in our system? What's on my phone? ... Are they listening now?"

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join