It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Opened the Can

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Yeah, I do think it’s good Hillary Clinton is not President.

I don’t think the one we have is even a smidgeon better though.

Yeah, thats the difference between you and me.

I have a brain, and am capable of rational, logical, independent thought.

Really?

Perhaps we’ll get to see that sometime ...

Rational, logical, independent thought used to be what ATS was about.

Hard to come by these days.

Power is supported by the people. Sometimes that's a scary thought.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump is Trump

People put him in control.

I do not have tunnel vision. I am capable of seeing all sides - - under and over.

Seeing all sides.
Hmm - you never mentioned th Clintons, for example, with their quite obvious enrichment from politics.
Maybe you see all sides and just choose to rant at one side.
Seems to me your angle of attack is rather hypocritical given you were a loud voice for electing Hillary Clinton.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Trump is Trump

I do not have tunnel vision. I am capable of seeing all sides - - under and over.

Seeing all sides.
Hmm - you never mentioned th Clintons, for example, with their quite obvious enrichment from politics.
Seems to me your angle of attack is rather hypocritical given you were a loud voice for electing Hillary Clinton.

"Pass the Trash" - - let's bring in the Clintons.

Uh, NO!

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Seems to me that rank whataboutism is tired and stale.

Get a new gambit, LOL.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Op....

Your definition of a (Can of whoop Azz) is much different than mine

As thus far all I see is Trump playing defense?

With the power to install around 8500 people in top positions...

At times I am not sure if I am looking at previous Potus constituents..

And to boot....wtf is the Patriot Act being renewed once again, which is a huge hang up for anyone whom voted for Trump?

Nah...thinking this is the new normal..Days of our lives drama (POLITICS)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Seems to me that rank whataboutism is tired and stale.

Get a new gambit, LOL.

You don't get away with brushing hypocrisy under the carpet with a phrase.
You might think that works, but it doesn't.

It's not reasonable to make a complaint about 'self interest' and make an issue out of it (without any evidence of such), when a blind eye has been turned for years to those you might favour politically.

Get a new argument.
edit on 25/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Trump is Trump

Seeing all sides.

"Pass the Trash" - - let's bring in the Clintons.

Uh, NO!

Yes lets.
Why were you not complaining about self interest when the Clintons were enriching themselves?
Is this really an issue for you?? Or is it just a talking point now because an election didn't go your way?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
God bless President Trump!

F*** all those that wanted to hurt Gallagher over this.
Only in America do leaders try to eat their young.
edit on 25-11-2019 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

He was convicted as I said.

The only spin is yours.

Of posing for a picture

Nice of you to pose as a honest poster here

Tlb

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Spencer jumped the chain of command in an attempt to entrap Trump. Spencer told Trump in a private meeting that he would handle the Gallager situation if he would just back off of it. AKA Spencer said he was going to make the charges disappear and ensure that the jury of peers for Gallager didn't go through with it. THIS is why he was dismissed. Spencer jumped the chain of command, while also attempting to blackmail Trump.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
FYI the chain of command to the Secretary of the Navy goes as follows.
President > Defense Secretary > Branch Secretaries.

So Spencer jumped the chain of command (over Esper) directly to the President.
That alone is grounds for dismissal.

Add on top of that an attempt to defy the Military Court system and "make it go away" but only if Trump stays out of it is Blackmail.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

“Posing for a picture” like some thug in utter disregard for his own honor and that of his country.

Seven of his peers saw it differently. That should tell you something.

It won’t but it should.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Yep.

2nd line.

edit on 26-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Well I would observe you know a lot more about hypocrisy than I.

You’re trying desperately to drag this off topic, to talk about Clinton or another poster.

This matter here is simple. Spencer was properly dismissed. Gallagher was properly convicted.

Trump has compromised the service and made life more dangerous for American soldiers around the world. He is a capricious boob, and while you and the gang slather over the display of stupid interference ... the world became just a little more unhinged.

Good job.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Bwahahahaha I love that you're asking if the president siding with the rank and file and giving them a just and proper outcome is going to lower the morale of the rank and file.

As a former member of the armed services, let me tell you: no one in the rank and file gives a flying # who the sec of navy/army/af is. But they're all glad to know that a selfie won't ruin their whole life and career. And hell, they're all feeling pretty damn good that the president sees their life as worth while to step in and defend against overzealous JAG bastards. It would have been far simpler for trump to ignore gallagher and not make waves but instead he stood up for him.

ETA:
Trump, standing up for the little guy (like dems like to say they do) and getting attacked doesn't make the little guy hate trump. It makes the little guy hate the people attacking him.
edit on 26-11-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

LOL, the amount of ignorance you spew as if it were fact is epic in it's proportion.

You’re trying desperately to drag this off topic, to talk about Clinton or another poster.

If bringing up past examples of the same authority being exercised or judgments being issued was simply regarded as an attempt to drag things off topic, our entire legal system would collapse. Luckily it is not. Stare decisis is a legal principle, not a distraction.

This matter here is simple. Spencer was properly dismissed. Gallagher was properly convicted.

And gallagher was properly restored his rank and trident.

Trump has compromised the service and made life more dangerous for American soldiers around the world.

Hyperbole much? How is it more dangerous for a soldier in afghanistan today than it was yesterday or six months ago, due to president trump restoring this man's rank and trident?

He is a capricious boob

And you're an ignorant jacka$$. Doesn't change anything.

and while you and the gang slather over the display of stupid interference

Why was interference stupid? It was legal and it was just.

the world became just a little more unhinged.

Let me get this straight. Because the president exercised his authority and a naval secretary got canned for insubordination and blackmail, the world is more unhinged? It would seem to me that the world got a little more order to it.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Well I would observe you know a lot more about hypocrisy than I.

Trump has compromised the service and made life more dangerous for American soldiers around the world. He is a capricious boob, and while you and the gang slather over the display of stupid interference ... the world became just a little more unhinged.

Good job.

Get over yourself. Seriously.
The world is less safe because a Navy Seal who took a picture with a dead ISIS terrorist is not getting hung drawn and quartered?
Stupid interference???? Trump is the most senior person in the military. He can 'interfere' when he likes. He issued an order. the job of evryone else in the chain of command is to FOLLOW those orders unless they are illegal. End of story.
The world is a LOT safer when orders are followed in the military. Absolute chaos would ensue if orders could be disregarded.
edit on 26/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Trump is the most senior person in the military. He can 'interfere' when he likes.

You know this is where they have an issue. They can't accept that trump is president and as such has full control of ALL the levers of power granted to him in the constitution. He can send rudy over to ukraine to investigate corruption. He can fire any military person he'd like. He can promote anyone he wants in the military to any rank he'd like (other than the ranks that require congressional approval). He could take an E1 and promote them to colonel tomorrow if he wanted. He can pardon anyone he wants of any non-state crime (military crimes included). He can convene and even disband court martials. He can strip promotions and medals for military personnel.

Commander in chief is exactly that, COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

ETA:
One other thing, the chain of command is unidirectional. While I may not directly petition the president as a lowly enlisted person (I need to go through my command structure), the president can directly petition me. This principle holds true at every rank and command position.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Where has the rule of law been broken. Is there some Council on Foreign Relations protocol or rule broken here. You seem to favor the NWO or globalists. The President has the right to fire and hire. Oh yea I forgot only the Black Prince of decorum and protocol can do that. You anti-Trumpers won't give credit where credit is due.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

You mad bro?

I’ll gather my responses to your posts into this one, ok?

First of all, respond to an argument I’ve made instead of the one you want to evangelize on.

I’ve stated multiple times that Spencer needed firing. Move on.

You’re a past member of the armed services? Thank you for your service.

You’re trying to portray a Navy SEAL as “the little guy”. LOL. Yeah. Okay.

Then you respond line-by-line to a post directed to another user specifically ... /yawn. Thanks for your thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join