It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Opened the Can

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I didn’t say the military is a GD democracy, did I Neo?

Trump is the COC. Yes, shout it from the housetops.

The soldier in question was convicted properly in a court of military justice.

The President has used his Constitutional authority of pardon, and his role as Commander in Chief to restore Gallagher’s ranks and accolades.

... and the message sent to the world is that the United States government is willing to excuse war crimes once again.

You know what the net effect of that crap is over time, Neo?

Our soldiers are going to be in greater danger when captured, because that’s what happens to nations that ignore the law of war.

All over Trump’s grandstanding, that you all can’t stop boot-licking over.

It’s disgusting in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No he wasn't.

He was AQUITTED.

They threw the photo at him because they LOST.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
cheeseandrice
some here dont even bother to read up on the bs they spew
"properly" convicted my butt
www.cnn.com...

San Diego (CNN)Decorated Navy SEAL team leader Eddie Gallagher was acquitted of nearly all charges in the death of an ISIS prisoner in Iraq, including premeditated murder.

"properly" convicted seems to equate.....

But a jury of seven soldiers in his court-martial found him guilty of posing for a photo with the 12-year-old ISIS fighter, an offense carrying a maximum sentence of four months.

what blatant dishonesty
dude was acquitted of murder but "properly" convicted.......

what hot garbage spin.....

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I know posters here think I'm Left.

But, what I use is what I call "Elevator Thinking" - - seeing something from different perspectives. Say, like you have a 7 floor building - - and each floor has a different perspective on the same issue. You can go to each floor and say "how do I see it from here"?

I am anti-Trump because IMO - - he is totally self-serving - - with no real concern for America the country (or any other country) - - except what it can do for him. But, then IMO, so are his followers - - even though they claim to be pro-America.

If someone else did what Trump does - - his supporters would be all over them.

Politics/government as it is today - - is LOST. It's in the hands of money and power.

What remains is gullible voters - - all sides.

Just because someone can - - should they? Just because Trump can - - should he?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Hmm...
self serving as in giving up his salary and losing hundreds of millions in his business ventures? Not very self serving really.
If you want to see self serving, maybe look into career politcians who somehow became incredibly rich.
You could start with the Clintons, whose foundation donations have gone to almost zero since they've been out of power.
Funny, I never hear you talk about the real self serving going on in Washington.

All this rationalisation I hear from people about why they are anti-Trump is really quite funny.
No one wants to admit the real source of the hatred - simply that they didn't get what they wanted in an election. Losers who can't stand losing, so cry endlessly about it.

edit on 25/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Spencer turned in his resigination anyway so it really doesn't matter what Trump haters say.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
hed rather resign.

li nk

edit on 25-11-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
hed rather resign.

li nk

He's acknowledging his termination.
Maybe reading first would be a good idea.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

He was convicted as I said.

The only spin is yours.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Edward R. Gallagher (born 1979 or 1980)[1] is a United States Navy SEAL Special Warfare Operator. From September 2018 to July 2019,he faced court martial charges for premeditated murder, attempted murder, obstruction of justice, posing for a photo with a casualty, and other offenses. He was acquitted on almost all charges on July 2, 2019, but was found guilty of posing for a photo with a corpse, considered the least egregious of the crimes. His trial included an unexpected confession from another medic who had been granted immunity, claiming he was the one who actually killed the victim.

en.wikipedia.org...(Navy_SEAL)

So the guy that did actually kill the kid got immunity and took the innocents guys trident.

And Trump haters are making a stink about.

Did I get it right ?

The only thing taking your picture with a dead body is poor taste.

Not a crime, if it poor taste was a crime this country would be a ghost town.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This commander in chief interferes in military affairs less than the prior one. Just saying. If you don't like this POTUS doing it, probably you hated when the last POTUS did it too, right?

I mean specifically, that the prior POTUS before the current one conducted a virtual 'purge' of officers, for political reasons.

edit on 25-11-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added that last line. ahem.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

During his service, he was decorated for valor several times, including two Bronze Stars.[5] He received positive evaluations from his superiors within the SEALs and served as an instructor in the SEALs BUD/S program for recruits.

Bonafide HERO.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hmm...
self serving as in giving up his salary and losing hundreds of millions in his business ventures? Not very self serving really.

He is a Carnival Barker and charlatan. Look here, don't look there. He put his business adventures in his kids name.

Again, just because he can - - should he?

Was this decision a good one for a president to make?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hmm...

He is a Carnival Barker and charlatan. Look here, don't look there. He put his business adventures in his kids name.

Again, just because he can - - should he?

Was this decision a good one for a president to make?

Not much of a build, just nonsense really.
It's obvious that you don't really have a problem with self serving politicians - only with the ones who don't agree with what you want. i.e. you lost so you hate.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump is Trump

People put him in control.

I do not have tunnel vision. I am capable of seeing all sides - - under and over.

edit on 25-11-2019 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So, did you prove to yourself that I was correct?

Awesome

Look past the Trump-worship for 10 seconds.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

He's been charged with war crimes on multiple occasions.

Or did you ignore that part of the Wiki?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You guys really just can't conceive that other people have a different opinion, can you?

And y'all call leftists arrogant ... Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

As a matter of fact I don't want a reality show host or a community organizer mucking around with our soldiers lives honestly.

They should leave the job to men and women who have served their country.

POTUS is there for the big calls ... Not to meddle in military justice.

While we're playing the whataboutism game though, let's just be honest. If Obama had ignored Navy procedure and done anything resembling this ... the gang here would be losing their minds.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What part of this did you miss?

From September 2018 to July 2019,he faced court martial charges for premeditated murder, attempted murder, obstruction of justice, posing for a photo with a casualty, and other offenses. He was acquitted on almost all charges on July 2, 2019,

His trial included an unexpected confession from another medic who had been granted immunity, claiming he was the one who actually killed the victim.

Which one of these guys should be losing their tridents?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join