It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Opened the Can

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Sweetie.

Definitely owning residence under your skin.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

On the contrary, I consider it a great boon to our little community here that your thread has demonstrated so clearly what core authoritarianism really looks like.

I do truly, truly hope that Trump has some nutjob whispering crap like this in his ear. Even the Senate couldn’t resist removing him from office if he tried even ONE of these traitorous suggestions of yours.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Im afraid all of that Treason (officially Sedition) stems from you side.

REEEEEEEEEEE!!

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Yep, you don’t seem to be able to get even one fact right tonight.

Here’s a quick note from the real world. Yes, the impeachment as described by Pelosi is a sham, regardless of what Trump did or did not do. However, as the President seems incapable of understanding even the most basic concepts of American law, I’m sure he will continue to provide plenty of grist for the mill.

You’re wrong about Trump’s authority over Federal law. You’re wrong about his being able to declare marital law on a whim, and you’re wrong about ... basically everything you’ve said, aside from confessing your true love for totalitarian government.

So, post some more memes, and reees.

Earn that handle of yours with every single post.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You’re wrong about Trump’s authority over Federal law.

I've said not a thing about Federal Law throughout this thread. Go back and look.

Federal Law doesn't apply. REEEEEEEEEEE!!

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You’re wrong about Trump’s authority over Federal law.

I've said not a thing about Federal Law throughout this thread. Go back and look.

Federal Law doesn't apply. REEEEEEEEEEE!!

LOL ... what do you think the UCMJ is?

RIIIIIght back at ya.

Actually, no. You obviously are only going to spam your own thread.

Thanks for the conversation.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I don't have to think. It is exactly "Uniformed Code of Military Justice".

Yep ... Federal. Apply to everyone? Only when the POTUS makes it so. Can he change it on the fly? At his whim.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
President Nerf-Ball is so awesome, that they have named a bridge after him:

The Can-Opener:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
President Nerf-Ball is so awesome, that they have named a bridge after him:

The Can-Opener:

Marge, open the window, Marge...

*snore*

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Being the Commander in Chief (and actually I mentioned it in my post) does not allow him to break established law.

He has to follow the laws like everyone else. The powers are expressed not dictatorial.

Not surprised that’s your interpretation though, typical right-wing authoritarian BS.

what laws did Trump break with regard to Eddie Gallager? Be specific.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Being the Commander in Chief (and actually I mentioned it in my post) does not allow him to break established law.

He has to follow the laws like everyone else. The powers are expressed not dictatorial.

Not surprised that’s your interpretation though, typical right-wing authoritarian BS.

What we’re tossing around here as “UCMJ” is actually 10 USC 47 which is part of the US Code (Federal law).

Let's use Fox News Channel as a source.

First of all, I’ll offer another mea culpa. Secretary Spencer should have been fired.

Spencer asked Trump to let the Navy review board go forward, promising that the board would, in the end, allow Gallagher to keep his Trident and rank, effectively alluding to his willingness to fix the results of the board usually comprised of the defendant’s peers, a senior U.S. official told Fox News. Trump rejected the offer and said, “no, we’re done,” prompting the president to write a series of tweets doubling down on his efforts to halt the review, the official added.

Secretary Spencer broke protocol, or chain-of-command, or what have you. Firing deserved.

I certainly would say I reacted to the blatantly ridiculous claims proffered here by the OP.

To be more clear, obviously the President can pardon Gallagher, restore his rank and commendations, etc. Those are his constitutional powers.

Trump cannot set aside Federal law as was claimed. Trump cannot merely on a whim set aside habeas corpus or the Constitution. That any American would be celebrating the possibility that an American President would so abuse the powers of his high office is insulting, appalling, and in my estimation, traitorous to the Constitution.

Did Trump break the law? Nah. Is this yet another example of his dictatorial nature? Of his disregard for protocol and military procedure? Of his total disdain for the order and discipline of our Armed Forces.

Abso-f-ing-lutely.

Next question?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I don't have to think. It is exactly "Uniformed Code of Military Justice".

Yep ... Federal. Apply to everyone? Only when the POTUS makes it so. Can he change it on the fly? At his whim.

Well, there’s two items in your presentation I agree with ...

You obviously don’t have to think.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

So, just to clarify, you’re in full support of the President’s intervention in military justice, glad to see him disrupting the morale of our Navy for no end other than his own caprices, and delighted that you think he has the Constitutional authority to do all that as Commander in Chief?

He can issue tactical commands, and reform policy in a legal process. He cannot overcome military law by fiat.

He is not a dictator.

Yet.

Navy Secretary Spencer went behind Secretary of Defense Esper's back to Trump and made an illegal proposal. Is this how you'd prefer "military law" to be accomplished??

Spencer asked Trump to let the Navy review board go forward, promising that the board would, in the end, allow Gallagher to keep his Trident and rank, effectively alluding to his willingness to fix the results of the board usually comprised of the defendant’s peers, a senior U.S. official told Fox News. Trump rejected the offer and said, “no, we’re done,” prompting the president to write a series of tweets doubling down on his efforts to halt the review, the official added.

“I am deeply troubled by this conduct shown by a senior DOD official,” Esper said. “Unfortunately, as a result, I have determined that Secretary Spencer no longer has my confidence to continue in his position. I wish Richard well.”

Spencer’s ousting was not a consequence of standing up for military justice – but rather was for dishonesty and undermining the military justice system, the senior U.S. official told Fox News. He was fired for “lack of candor,” the official added.

Esper ordered that Gallagher be allowed to keep his Trident pin, noting that it would be nearly impossible for him to get a fair hearing from the military in light of recent events, a senior official said.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 25/11/2019 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Hello person: Please see above where I have a) posted this information myself and b) stated clearly that Secretary Spencer should have been fired for precisely this reason.

Next question/comment?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

What we’re tossing around here as “UCMJ” is actually 10 USC 47 which is part of the US Code (Federal law).

Let's use Fox News Channel as a source.

First of all, I’ll offer another mea culpa. Secretary Spencer should have been fired.

Secretary Spencer broke protocol, or chain-of-command, or what have you. Firing deserved.

I certainly would say I reacted to the blatantly ridiculous claims proffered here by the OP.

To be more clear, obviously the President can pardon Gallagher, restore his rank and commendations, etc. Those are his constitutional powers.

Trump cannot set aside Federal law as was claimed. Trump cannot merely on a whim set aside habeas corpus or the Constitution. That any American would be celebrating the possibility that an American President would so abuse the powers of his high office is insulting, appalling, and in my estimation, traitorous to the Constitution.

Did Trump break the law? Nah. Is this yet another example of his dictatorial nature? Of his disregard for protocol and military procedure? Of his total disdain for the order and discipline of our Armed Forces.

Abso-f-ing-lutely.

Next question?

So it's your "opinion" that even though the president was within his rights and did not break the law, he is still a dictator to be hated. Got it.

Here is your consolation prize.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Deplorable

Tyrants don’t brook disagreement.

ETA: They also ignore the rule-of-law when it suits them.

The Commander in Chief does not have to negotiate with a suborninate.
It's not tyranical or dictatorial to expect orders to be followed in the military and punishing those that do not comply with such orders.

edit on 25/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The President is subject to the laws of the United States as we all are.

He doesn’t have autocratic powers, even in regard to the military.

However, you’re beating a dead horse; Spencer tried to go around his chain-of-commnand directly to the White House to make a deal. He got what he deserved.

The military AINT a GD democracy.

As the saying goes, "Snip rolls down hill'.

Trump sits at the top as Command in Chief.

And no soldier should lose a GD thing over a dead ISIS fighter.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Damn, it’s about time. A not so gentle warning for the Secretary’s to get their house’s in order. MAGA!

There were a bunch of people in on this. He told the Navy in a previous tweet, "Stop it and get back to work."

I hope he fires all the ankle biters right down to the guy serving above Chief Gallagher.

Hell, he ought'a commission Gallagher at the rank of Captain and put him "In Charge" of the SEAL program. Wouldn't that be spittin' right back in the Navy's eye?

So, just to clarify, you’re in full support of the President’s intervention in military justice, glad to see him disrupting the morale of our Navy for no end other than his own caprices, and delighted that you think he has the Constitutional authority to do all that as Commander in Chief?

He can issue tactical commands, and reform policy in a legal process. He cannot overcome military law by fiat.

He is not a dictator.

Yet.

The folks I know that are in the military support what he did.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

No. He’s a dictator because he believes he is unfettered by law, custom, tradition, logic, or anything else.

His supporters, as clearly seen here, agree with his assessment.

So, yeah, my “opinion” your “opinion” ... thanks for your comment.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hmmm... I made a statement about tyrants. I can be more specific in this situation:

Donald J. Trump doesn’t brook disagreement.

Donald J. Trump ignores the rule-of-law when it suits him.

All better now?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Hmmm... I made a statement about tyrants. I can be more specific in this situation:

Donald J. Trump doesn’t brook disagreement.

Donald J. Trump ignores the rule-of-law when it suits him.

All better now?

Well, there's room for advice in the military but that's it. There's no problem ignoring that advice. Trump is the Commander in Chief.

Ignoring the rule of law when it suits him? I have seen no evidence of that.

edit on 25/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join