It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Opened the Can

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well, I see it as abuse of power

What do you constitute as to an abuse of power?

Power is meant to be wielded by the occupant of it's position.

If someone under your command doesn't agree with the duties that you set forth for them, they have a right to step down and move aside for someone that can achieve those directives. Such is the military and the Commander & Chief's relationship.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Lol. No he's not a dictator. He's Commander in Chief and ALL service members are required to obey his lawful orders.

He's righting wrongs made by a bunch of pussy liberal bureaucrats that have no business being in the military.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Deplorable

Tyrants don’t brook disagreement.

ETA: They also ignore the rule-of-law when it suits them.

You wouldn't know a tyrant if it hid in your pants and bit you on your be hind.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

He's righting wrongs made by a bunch of pussy liberal bureaucrats that have no business being in the military.

If the Seaman broke a Law in the UCMJ then should be punished for it?
The Commander and Chief is not subject to the UCMJ, and he does have the authority to override the orders of Military Officers.

Is Trump showing mercy to a Naval Seal that was taught how to kill the enemy by his country's military and now they want to put him in prison for it, because he crossed a line that he has been pushed toward his whole military career?
I don't know. Something to think about.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It’s funny seeing someone who faked an injury to get out of service be praised for firing a career military man. Especially by the people who claim to respect the military.

You guys couldn’t be more transparent if you were a new windshield.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

He is not a dictator.

Yet.

I disagree. He IS a dictator, it is his nature. It is the ''dictatorship'' that is still in question depending upon how many people happily bend the knee and lick the boot.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Arnie123

No sense you say?

Well - I wasn't talkin' about no constitutional authority - let's just leave it there

But hey, I know Trump is your guy. You love him, you respect him

Plus, he's all you got - so knock yourselves out
Still not understanding your post, I'm just going to chalk it up to an emotional rant, good for you.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

He is not a dictator.

Yet.

I disagree. He IS a dictator, it is his nature. It is the ''dictatorship'' that is still in question depending upon how many people happily bend the knee and lick the boot.

What freedoms has Trump eliminated?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It’s funny seeing someone who faked an injury to get out of service be praised for firing a career military man. Especially by the people who claim to respect the military.

You actually make zero sense.

What part of Commander In Chief don't you get?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It’s funny seeing someone who faked an injury to get out of service be praised for firing a career military man.

You don't get fired in the military. You either get demoted, kicked out, or retired. Retired and Fired do rhyme though.
But Trump is known for firing people. So much in fact that some may claim it is his catch phrase. A little of both in this situation perhaps.

Especially by the people who claim to respect the military.

Names please. So we know who your talking about. I don't want another 2nd hand knowledge he said she said debacle on our hands. It's all about the specifics.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

For the THIRD time in this thread. Spencer is NOT a career military man. He was a Goldman Sachs executive before President Trump appointed him to a civilian leadership role.

ALL EXECUTIVE BRANCH SECRETARIES SERVE AT THE PLEASURE OF THE POTUS.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

That's your opinion bruh and none of us praise it. The irony being leftist hate America and by extension our Armed Services, so to see you post this is amusing to say the least.

However, considering the user, we all know why, Orange Man Bad!

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

For those who ''happily bend the knee and lick the boot'',,,, none. Recognizing an emerging dictator by that standard alone seems a bit myopic.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: DBCowboy

For those who ''happily bend the knee and lick the boot'',,,, none. Recognizing an emerging dictator by that standard alone seems a bit myopic.

So. . . none.

'Kay.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Gleeful cackling that you imagine that Trump can set aside the Constitution at will?

Actually, out of everything you’ve said here, that’s the one thing I do believe.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Lol. No he's not a dictator. He's Commander in Chief and ALL service members are required to obey his lawful orders.

Jaden

Lawful orders. Thanks, that’s exactly my point.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

a reply to: Frodolives

Indeed, but abrogating the UCMJ isn’t within the scope of the COC powers, unless I really misunderstand the Constitution and our laws.

The President can re-write (or totally revoke) the UCMJ at his personal discretion. He can also declare a National Emergency and suspend the Constitution and implement Martial Law (again ... writing the rules and seeing to their enforcement). And there's nothing you could do about it. Yes ... Summary Execution goes right there.

No gleeful cackling on this side of the screen. That's just the facts. You don't think this Russia Hoax, Ukraine Hoax, "we've got the Giuliani butt-dial thing" doesn't rise to the level of National Emergency? At his whim, the President can make this a reality.

No, actually the President cannot set aside the UCMJ, that is Federal law passed by Congress.

He cannot declare a National Emergency because he’s being impeached.

He cannot suspend the Constitution or implement Martial Law without cause.

Thank you though for expressing the core authoritarian perspective so clearly.

edit on 24-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

No, actually the President cannot set aside the UCMJ, that is Federal law passed by Congress.

Yes, I'm afraid he can, Sweety. And not a damn thing you can do about it should he choose to do so.

He cannot declare a National Emergency because he’s being impeached.

Agreed. But, he's got plenty of other reasons. Like ... an attempt to overthrow the US Government.

He cannot suspend the Constitution or implement Martial Law without cause.

He's got cause. And then some.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The UCMJ is FEDERAL LAW. The only part of the process that the President controls directly (arguably) is the Rules for Courts-Martial. I suppose if Trump could write he could scratch out a change to that, however, the concept of war crimes are a part of international war law and are codified into Federal Law by act of Congress signed by the President.

Your fantasies of absolute power for God’s Annointed [sic] notwithstanding.

Sweetie.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sweetie.

Definitely owning residence under your skin.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join