It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Opened the Can

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There were 10 chains of command and only 2 ended with the President last time I checked twitter wasn't one of them,I checked out the Navy seal in question all I can say is he had good lawyers

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So, just to clarify, you’re in full support of the President’s intervention in military justice, glad to see him disrupting the morale of our Navy for no end other than his own caprices, and delighted that you think he has the Constitutional authority to do all that as Commander in Chief?

Did you miss the part where Gallagher faced a Courts Martial? Did you miss the part where he was only found guilty of being photographed with a dead 'enemy' combatant? For cryin' out loud ... what sissy made up that rule?

Every employee under the Executive Branch serves at the pleasure of the President. President Trump, quite obviously, was not pleased.

Did'ja notice that Spencer wasn't allowed to resign. Bet if he had ... he'd'a been in jail before Monday a.m.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I think, as Commander in Chief, Trump had every right to reinstate the SEAL.

I also think that removing the Trident was a pissy move from a commander who disagreed with Trump's decision and wanted to send a message.

Well, that message backfired.

In every OIC office is a series of pictures.

At the top is POTUS.

Underneath are the chain of command.

How effective would a commander be if he let someone beneath him, undermine his authority?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Damn, it’s about time. A not so gentle warning for the Secretary’s to get their house’s in order. MAGA!

Not a warning but an ORDER from the chief executive. Why is that not 100% understood by his subordinates?
MAGA, for sure.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Fair enough.

Thanks for your comment. I respect it.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Turns out Spencer went around Chain of Command directly to the White House to try to negotiate a deal.

I retract my comments; he should have been fired.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Fair enough!

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Thanks for clearing that up

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Being the Commander in Chief (and actually I mentioned it in my post) does not allow him to break established law.

He has to follow the laws like everyone else. The powers are expressed not dictatorial.

Not surprised that’s your interpretation though, typical right-wing authoritarian BS.

The ignorance has been denied .
And , for some reason , you just cant handle it....

A Secretary of Anything can be terminated by the President
Secretary of the Navy is not a military rank.
It is a job one is appointed to.
The President can giveth and the President can taketh away an APPOINTED JOB

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
CNN runs deep in this one.

edit on 11/24/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I also think that removing the Trident was a pissy move from a commander who disagreed with Trump's decision and wanted to send a message.

What was the message?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The President is subject to the laws of the United States as we all are.

He doesn’t have autocratic powers, even in regard to the military.

However, you’re beating a dead horse; Spencer tried to go around his chain-of-commnand directly to the White House to make a deal. He got what he deserved.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

However, you’re beating a dead horse; Spencer tried to go around his chain-of-commnand directly to the White House to make a deal. He got what he deserved.

You seem to be repeating yourself over and over again , with no substance at all .
That is usually a sign in a debate that one's opponent has failed badly.
Get it ?
Got it ?
Good.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Spencer is not a member of the navy or military . He is a civilian appointee who formerly worked for goldman sachs.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

That was extremely refreshing of you to post. It made me feel like there is hope in reasoning on these boards.

Having served 23 years in the military, I can assure you that the president could have removed him on a whim if he felt it was necessary.....breaking the chain of command or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
nm
edit on 24-11-2019 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

All secretaries are appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the POTUS.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Frodolives

Indeed, but abrogating the UCMJ isn’t within the scope of the COC powers, unless I really misunderstand the Constitution and our laws.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
How can anyone think this is OK?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

This news is splashing on International Headlines. The President putting his wingtip up an insubordinate's ass, where the whole world was witness to _both_ events ... makes me think this was more than okay. Necessary even.

Am hoping Deep State Spencer is a domino.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Spencer is not a member of the navy or military . He is a civilian appointee who formerly worked for goldman sachs.

Trump was never a member of the military, he was (still is?) a money launderer, and he also had a crappy TV show

His new gig is president. That's actually a really good story...

Now he still gets to say you're fired! So - all's well that ends well

edit on 11/24/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I see you lack a rudimentary understanding of the term "commander in chief." Yes, if the military fails to properly handle a soldier's justice, POTUS is legally authorized to step in. You may not like that fact, but too bad, so sad, it is a lawful fact nonetheless.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join