It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Opened the Can

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The can of whoopass we've all been waiting for.

I was not pleased with the way that Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher’s trial was handled by the Navy. He was treated very badly but, despite this, was completely exonerated on all major charges. I then restored Eddie’s rank. Likewise, large cost overruns from past administration’s contracting procedures were not addressed to my satisfaction. Therefore, Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer’s services have been terminated by Secretary of Defense Mark Esper. I thank Richard for his service & commitment. Eddie will retire peacefully with all of the honors that he has earned, including his Trident Pin. Admiral and now Ambassador to Norway Ken Braithwaite will be nominated by me to be the new Secretary of the Navy. A man of great achievement and success, I know Ken will do an outstanding job!

I can only say, "It's about damned time. Let the heads begin to roll!!"

Link

edit on 24-11-2019 by Deplorable because: Link and emphasis

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Damn, it’s about time. A not so gentle warning for the Secretary’s to get their house’s in order. MAGA!

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is why i truly love this country...there are a few good men left.. a reply to: Deplorable

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Tyrants don’t brook disagreement.

ETA: They also ignore the rule-of-law when it suits them.

edit on 24-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Damn, it’s about time. A not so gentle warning for the Secretary’s to get their house’s in order. MAGA!

There were a bunch of people in on this. He told the Navy in a previous tweet, "Stop it and get back to work."

I hope he fires all the ankle biters right down to the guy serving above Chief Gallagher.

Hell, he ought'a commission Gallagher at the rank of Captain and put him "In Charge" of the SEAL program. Wouldn't that be spittin' right back in the Navy's eye?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I love hearing this on twitter(from Deplorable on ATS actually).
Trump controls the narrative better than any president has.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

There's definitely something in the wind...and I'm not talking about Eric Fartwell.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Taking away the man's Trident was just virtue signaling and petty at best.

It's refreshing to see a POTUS stop taking crap from those who work for him.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: Nickn3

There were a bunch of people in on this. He told the Navy in a previous tweet, "Stop it and get back to work."

I hope he fires all the ankle biters right down to the guy serving above Chief Gallagher.

Hell, he ought'a commission Gallagher at the rank of Captain and put him "In Charge" of the SEAL program. Wouldn't that be spittin' right back in the Navy's eye?

So, just to clarify, you’re in full support of the President’s intervention in military justice, glad to see him disrupting the morale of our Navy for no end other than his own caprices, and delighted that you think he has the Constitutional authority to do all that as Commander in Chief?

He can issue tactical commands, and reform policy in a legal process. He cannot overcome military law by fiat.

He is not a dictator.

Yet.

edit on 24-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Technically, the President works for We the People, wouldn’t you say?

You can’t be in favor of this wild overreach of Presidential authority and spitting in the face of the Navy can you?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So your Secretary of the Navy was fired for not following a twitter instruction?

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You can’t be in favor of this wild overreach of Presidential authority and spitting in the face of the Navy can you?

POTUS does work for us, and by extension so did the Secretary of the Navy.

Thanks for the reminder!

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We the people feel he's doing a fine job and firing this fellow is something I agree with.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's refreshing to see a POTUS stop taking crap from those who work for him.

Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman disobeying orders should be examined closely also.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I am hoping it is "the storm" we've been hearing about for some time now.
Bundle up!

originally posted by: IAMTAT

There's definitely something in the wind...and I'm not talking about Eric Fartwell.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So, just to clarify, you’re in full support of the President’s intervention in military justice,

You forgot one dang thing. Trump is both President of the United States of America AND Commander in Chief of ALL military forces in the US.
Remember one key word - Secretary.
Appointed .
Denying ignorance .
Why ?
This one watches wayyyyy too much CNN .

edit on 11/24/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/24/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Did you protest when Obama fired Gen. Hamm for wanting to send troops to Benghazi and save the ambassador?

Just curious.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I don’t remember if I had an opinion on that. Perhaps you do?

I do recall that your short recitation of the event doesn’t square with my memory of the facts,but, alas off-topic.

So, are you in favor of Trump intervening in military justice for no reason other than his personal whim?

Do you really think that’s going to have a positive effect on our armed services morale?

You have the absolute right to speak on that as a service member.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Being the Commander in Chief (and actually I mentioned it in my post) does not allow him to break established law.

He has to follow the laws like everyone else. The powers are expressed not dictatorial.

Not surprised that’s your interpretation though, typical right-wing authoritarian BS.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Wild overreach?

The President is the Commander in Chief.

This is one area that Trump can reach into and do what he wants, literally.

Normally, the POTUS doesn't intervene, yeilding to the Military Chiefs on virtually almost any issue, however, there have been notable exceptions and this was one.

Good for him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join