It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government corruption and intellectual dishonesty

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Without congressional term limits absolutely nothing will change.
Including the useless war of words that never touches tptb
behind the scenes. Two terms for congressmen..period

Sometime in the future our grandchildren will be debating
this same subject because the majority are too hamstrung
by a piece of paper to act.
edit on 11/26/2019 by MrBlaq because: Grandson bouncin on my knee

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Ignoring the growing size and scope of government and blaming corporations is becoming tiresome.

TBH

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ignoring the growing size and scope of government and blaming corporations is becoming tiresome.

TBH

How did I ignore that?

What's really tiresome is ranting and blaming Democrats and calling them intellectually dishonest for wanting to expand the government in order to HELP PEOPLE when Republicans dishonestly run on the platform of smaller government every election and never actually make the government smaller. WHO is intellectually dishonest here?

I guess you got no response to what was actually said. No surprise.
edit on 11 26 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Notice, I never mentioned democrats or republicans.

They're all damned corrupt.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree they are both corrupt, but the intellectual dishonest comes from the right who repeatedly run on the idea of smaller government yet expand the military by hundreds of billions every year when it's not necessary, and then cut money from programs like social security to make up for their "tax cuts." Tax cuts aren't inherently good. That's why democrats are the ones that actually balance the budget and republicans just make the debt deeper and take advantage of greed.

edit on 12 10 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

I agree they are both corrupt, but the intellectual dishonest comes from the right who repeatedly run on the idea of smaller government yet expand the military by hundreds of billions every year when it's not necessary, and then cut money from programs like social security to make up for their "tax cuts." Tax cuts aren't inherently good. That's why democrats are the ones that actually balance the budget and republicans just make the debt deeper and take advantage of greed.

Tax cuts aren't good if you believe that our corrupt government is spending our money wisely.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

This is true. But then you also have the dems running on platforms of helping the working class, and then they pushed all the globalist trade partnerships which decimated the working class. And they talk about human rights, but fall over themselves to support every war, coup, or sanctions.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join