It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine-year-old Belgian child genius set to become one of the world's youngest graduates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
How about a non political article; something that IMO is truly amazing. I wonder how these type kids get wired for such achievements as it is a shame everyone can not be as smart and have the will to learn.

At age 9 all I cared about was being with my horse, dog, and hunting. School was almost unbearably boring to me at that age..

I wonder what the future will hold for such a bright and talented young person ?

Electrical Engineering is not an easy major and the boy did it in 9 months !!

Like many other nine-year-old children, Laurent Simons likes TV and his pet dog. But he also wants to make artificial organs and is about to get the qualifications, which will make him one of the world's youngest university graduates.

In December the Belgian boy will receive a degree in electrical engineering from Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands.
Far from being fazed by his achievements, which also saw him complete the course in nine months instead of the usual three years, Laurent said it's "normal" — although he added too that it was "cool".

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I also like that one of his goals is to make artificial organs
to help prolong lives.Maybe his work could put the countries
harvesting organs for transplant out of business.Since most
of the "donors" are not volunteers.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I hope he is allowed to develop his social skills and have a somewhat normal life.

join