It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Amendment (Proposal)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: Deplorable
The problem with a simple constitutional amendment is once opened all the communist maggots will try to eat what is left of our rights away by adding their own special little amendments .

It's already happened. Take the 13th Amendment for example. Those damn maggot communists took away our rights to own slaves!

We have a history of being mean to Democrats.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Only because they make it so easy.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Funny how people gripe about the leadership but keep voting the same clowns in.

I suppose it falls in under the "our clowns are the good ones" rule.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Blatant ageism right here on ATS. I see no value to this proposed “amendment” and believe any amendment should protect rights not take them away.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
How about no consecutive terms as a compromise to term limits?

My proposal is a little different.

Extend congressional terms to 6 years, with a 3 year overlap for each half of the house (like the two it is now). Then, ineligible to run again for for 7 years (which effectively means 9 years).

But I like yours as well.

ETA - the other thing I've contemplated is sliding the congressional elections 18 months from the presidential election cycle. This would create an offset from the presidential elections by 6 moths minimum to 18 months for all elections going forward.
edit on 11/24/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The 13th amendment did not end slavery it made us all slaves. 13th amendment freed slaves is a joke, everyone has to go to work to pay bills right so if we do not go to work we cannot pay our bills and lose everything. We are all slaves to someone or thing. The only thing the 13th amendment did was required slaves to provide their own food and housing and enslaved the rest of the nation.

reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'd give the SC 30 year limits.

Just enough time to get new ones for a new generation.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I vote for this.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
We (that's you and me: 'We ... The People') need a new amendment to the Constitution. It need only be simple.

No one may serve the People of the United States beyond the age of 60, without an annual vote of confidence from the Senate of the United States.

Someone smarter'n'me can figure out how to add in the verbiage that says 'no lists of people' can be voted on. Each individual must be independently considered.

Because: That'll make ya think. 60 years is being quite generous. I'd have no problems with anyone who argued the age should be 45.

The people smarter then 'you' are probably over 60.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'd give the SC 30 year limits.

Just enough time to get new ones for a new generation.

Twelve years. That’s two terms in the Senate, six in the House, 2 in the White House (with leftover).

The FBI Director is appointed for 10 years allegedly to minimize politics. Apply that same logic to SCOTUS.

As long as there is a requirement in the Senate Rules that every individual nominated by the President gets at least an up or down vote.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: 727Sky
The problem with a simple constitutional amendment is once opened all the communist maggots will try to eat what is left of our rights away by adding their own special little amendments .

It's already happened. Take the 13th Amendment for example. Those damn maggot communists took away our rights to own slaves!

Ignore facts much do you?

Hey that was the REPUBLICANS who stopped slaver and you act like they didn't have that 13th either. This Libertarian will offer to those of you who pretend ignorance of the truth on this matter. I agree with the RINO's are a problem as much as the Dems if you think that but to thingk for one minute the Conservatives are for Slaves is just wrong and revisionist of you.

It was those whom we call Liberals that wanted that slave business to remain in place. Slavery has ended here thanks to the Republicans in 1865 and many before them who fought for all men free. Ask yourself has slavery ended world wide yet after we abolished it 150 years ago? Has it in the Middle East?.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

10 year re-approval process for SCOTUS? Holds seat until new person is confirmed by Senate.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

13th ended slavery. Illegal immigration and migrant workers was the reinstitution. Same parties fight for and against it.

Remember that they are just doing jobs that Americans won’t do for far below minimum wage?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Hmm that sounds interesting.

I am thinking just make it term limits for Congress to move up by x amount of terms or they are permanently out. Making it where more people have the chance to show us they are worthy to move to the next level of stewardship. This is a steward position not a ruler ship.

OR we could revert back to Senators being selected by the State's Congress they are representing from among those already chosen to lead by their community. Then the local precincts can control who goes to Senate by pressuring their state Senators and Congress members.
edit on 24-11-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

10 year re-approval process for SCOTUS? Holds seat until new person is confirmed by Senate.

I was thinking 12 but that’s an arbitrary number that reflects the absolute longest I think any politician should be in power.

The Senate is given the power of advise and consent. That is an active power, and should not be wielded by one individual (the unelected and unconstitutional “Senate Majority Leader” -of any party) but should be put to the Senate for a vote. Always.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I was thinking 12 but that’s an arbitrary number that reflects the absolute longest I think any politician should be in power.

The Senate is given the power of advise and consent. That is an active power, and should not be wielded by one individual (the unelected and unconstitutional “Senate Majority Leader” -of any party) but should be put to the Senate for a vote. Always.

That sounds reasonable.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Remember it? I did a thread on it. You forgot the prison work force as well.

That was gonna be the next one but I was disillusioned by the response on the first so I went back to lurking.

Ended up being a troll fest and I was sick of feeding them

My thread on it

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 totally agree if your a idiot at 16 you would be a idiot at 20 upto and including 60

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Maybe we could simplify it a little more and put term limits in place?...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
Maybe we could simplify it a little more and put term limits in place?...

I'm not averse to term limits.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join