It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized again .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Big misconception. Overturning RvW doesn't ban abortion; it returns it to states. Some may but not all, not even most.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

But is spite and influencing the court a good enough reason to die for ?

I don't think spite has anything to do with her dying. Her staying until her death is non-political for her. She is making history here and she will be enshrined in Washington DC with a 3 day stint in the Capital rotunda.
Nothing political here.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Obama told her she needed to step down. She refused. They could have had a younger liberal judge. Now she has to face reality. She is going to die and due to selfishness, another conservative will get the position. She knows she screwed up. Old bat though, she will take that seat to her grave.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You want to see the Dems really go bat# crazy....see what happens after RBG steps down. She has so much pressure on her, it won't happen. She could be on life support and they will STILL argue that she should continue to be an active justice..... Watch and see.

That being said, our SCOTUS should not resemble "Weekend at Bernie's." I think this woman is long overdue for a well-deserved retirement.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Big misconception. Overturning RvW doesn't ban abortion; it returns it to states. Some may but not all, not even most.

This is fact, but only to a certain extent.

First, let me point out that, as a rule, the SC doesn't often revisit cases that have previously be ruled upon. That means it would likely have to be a challenge involving different parameters than those of the original case.

If such a case was taken by the court, it isn't beyond possibility, that a more narrow (or for that matter, broader) interpretation/ruling could be the result.

If RvW were summarily overturned, it would cause a chain reaction, where upon every state Supreme Court would be bombarded by litigants from bith sides of the issue, and would, literally, take years to sort out, not to mention the protest, which would inevitably lead to violence.

It's a complex issue, and there is really not much middle ground, or compromise.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

She can't hang it up. She has to stay where she is until the Dems can impeach Trump. If she does pass, I doubt very much we will hear about it. Yes, I'm still of the mind that a "Weekend at Bernie's" scenario is still on the table for those that are desperate.

Progressives in other forums have already voiced concerns that if Trump gets to appoint a third justice, that the Progressive agenda is dead.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yeah. Some of the ones that will ban are exactly the ones that shouldn't. A lot of the people who want to ban abortion are exactly the people who should either be getting abortions or using birth control intelligently and conscientiously (which is in and of it'self contrary to their basic nature to do so) so they wouldn't need abortions in the first place.

I've been to some of these places and frankly, no one needs birth control more than they do. LOL

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

This is fact, but only to a certain extent.

First, let me point out that, as a rule, the SC doesn't often revisit cases that have previously be ruled upon. That means it would likely have to be a challenge involving different parameters than those of the original case.

If such a case was taken by the court, it isn't beyond possibility, that a more narrow (or for that matter, broader) interpretation/ruling could be the result.

If RvW were summarily overturned, it would cause a chain reaction, where upon every state Supreme Court would be bombarded by litigants from bith sides of the issue, and would, literally, take years to sort out, not to mention the protest, which would inevitably lead to violence.

It's a complex issue, and there is really not much middle ground, or compromise.

Well, I mean it's also worth pointing out that the same ideology that drives such people to be anti-abortion also drives them to be in favor of or against things that are contrary to a small government libertarian POV such as mine. A large local government can be just as destructive as a large federal government. States rights isn't the be all end all of sensibility. Your local government might be controlled by a bunch of little tyrants (upheld and supported by a bunch of mini tyrants who vote for them)

There are many other issues besides abortion but generally, the people who oppose abortion are not my kind of people on many other issues. There are (I suppose) a number of reasons someone might oppose abortion but the main one is religion. And I'm an atheist. As such, I do not want my life to be dictated to me by a moral code that doesn't make any sense in the real world.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

very intelligent and thoughtful contribution. thank you.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You don't have to believe in God to understand that killing human beings, born or unborn, is wrong... In fact, there are quite a few atheists who agree with that statement. Moral codes at a basic level must exist for civil society, regardless of your belief in a God or not.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I firmly believe the liberals are going to gain power for at least eight years. All that needs to happen is a couple mediocre candidates like McCain or Romney .( examples )

The supreme court is the only thing that can save the constitution when that happens . So we’ve got to get that third justice .

edit on 25-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
5/5/2020 FYI

No biggie: www.npr.org...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

We aren't dealing with liberals.

If that were the case we'd still be having Paul Begala and Tucker Carlson debating with smiles on their faces.

We're up against leftists. The leftists HATE liberals more than conservatives because they know they will never get to power if not for infiltrating the Democrats.
edit on 5 6 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

By leftist, are you saying progressives ? (Not Flo) lol

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Not Flo..She's safe. We like her.

Progressives are not all leftists.

I'm talking about the infiltration of neo-Marxists into the democratic party.

We're fighting communists.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join