It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized again .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don’t wish ill will on anybody. But she’s should seriously think about hanging it up . In her advanced age PTED along with the added stress of the court can’t be good for her health . We know she’s trying to hold out so Trump can’t appoint another supreme court justice.

But is spite and influencing the court a good enough reason to die for ?

Trump is going to get reelected which will make her effort futile .

Her anger will be for naught which would make her a failed martyr .

The symptoms stated are chills and a fever which might sound trivial. But nothings trivial at her age .

She’s been in the hospital so much lately.

Every time I read another article I hear Tom Bodett in my head .

“ we’ll leave the light on for you “

Get well Ruth, just please please step down . Life’s too short don’t go out angry .

Washington(CNN) Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Friday night after experiencing chills and a fever earlier in the day, the Supreme Court said in a statement Saturday.

Ginsburg, 86, was initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC, before being transferred to Hopkins for further evaluation and treatment. The Supreme Court justice expects to be released from the hospital as early as Sunday morning.

SCOTUS NEWS
edit on 23-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

It may be only fitting she came in under a Repub prez, maybe she will leave under one too.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I wish her well.

Whether or not she steps down, only she and her Creator know.
I know some people wither and die without something to do....maybe the law is what keeps her going?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If she had any honor she would resign. Total disgrace. Several times, going on months unable to perform her duty. Reading cases from her bed is not going to cut it either. These are serious cases where a SC justice on deck is needed.

Obama told her to resign years ago. Old bat refuses to do the right thing for Americans. An old bitter woman who can't accept she is hurting Americans more than helping them.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
while it seems like its just a cold those can be deadly to those with cancer or those who have been getting treatement for cancer as well as the fact shes getting up there in age

www.msn.com...

www.fredhutch.org... this link coveres how respiratory diseases as well as transplant patients can be un done by simple colds

So when she survived a partial mastectomy, nearly a year of chemotherapy and weeks of radiation – only to wind up in a hospital emergency room with a case of viral pneumonia that almost killed her, the 59-year-old Edmonds, Washington, woman couldn’t quite believe it. “I realized, oh my goodness, I could have died,” she recalled. “It was a shock that it could be anything else other than my cancer treatment.” What Clawson didn’t know then – like most cancer patients and those who’ve just had stem cell transplants – is that ordinary viral infections can pose an extraordinary risk to people with compromised immune systems. From the germs that cause influenza to those that trigger the common cold, respiratory viruses can cause severe illness, costly complications and even death in patients already battling disease, said Dr. Steven Pergam, director of infection control at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and an infectious disease researcher at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. “In our population, influenza can be devastating,” Pergam said. “A severe infection in a cancer or transplant patient can cost $500,000.” Worse, patients can survive their original ailments, only to die from simple respiratory disease.

www.cancernetwork.com... study on the type of cancer she has which can and usually does effect the immune system which is what we may be seeing here

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Up until the impeachment I wouldn’t have said I was sure Trump was going to win. But the recent polling suggest that independents are starting to sour on the impeachment process.

If the independents finally see what the Democrats have been up to Trump’s a shoe in .

All of that means she’s going to fail she can’t hold out five years.

Christ she’s got great grandchildren, in my neck of the woods it’s family first . She should spend some time with them .

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
www.scotusblog.com... aced-with-more-conservative-successors/ older scotus blog link from last january on the prospect of trump replacing ginsberg

Why is this seat more important than Scalia’s or Kennedy’s? If Trump fills Ginsburg’s seat, it will be the first time this president has the opportunity to shift a seat on the court from a strong liberal to a staunch conservative. Although such a shift has happened before, it is at best debatable whether it has happened on such an already conservative court. Let’s take a look. Marshall to Thomas The only comparable ideological shift occurred when Justice Thurgood Marshall stepped down from the court and Justice Clarence Thomas replaced him. The polarity of difference in these justices’ views cannot be overstated. Marshall was a pillar of liberalism in the Warren and Burger Court years, while Thomas has been arguably the most conservative justice of this generation. This difference is measurable as well. A justice’s vote can be viewed as most consequential when it shifts the outcome of a decision. We see this in cases decided by one vote, in which a shifted vote would switch the outcome from one side to the other.
that is one of the bigger things trump could accomplish if she retires as Bryer is even older and also left leaning on the court that would shift the court from mostly middle of the road balance to a possible 6-3 conservative majority(with roberts i guess as still a posible swing vote) as well as allowing Clarence to retire which is even more likely if trump gets his 2nd term

and election year or not McConnell will replace any scotus justices he gets the chance to as changing the make up of the federal judiciary is one of trumps and the Republicans goals

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
She could pass before 2020.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm kinda conflicted. I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I tend towards small government conservatism but I'm all for abortion. I can't not be worried about the consequences of more conservatives on the court because they're not my kind of conservatives. They will obviously ban abortion if they can.

I think that RBG also realizes this and frankly, I can't blame her for clinging to what she believes in even if it isn't exactly the same as what I believe in. She spent decades of her life doing this. Of course it means something to her.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Cyborg her.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
She can’t take the power she has over so many people with her, to the other side.

Some people never let the hate and anger go. I visited my grandfather in SoCal when he was on his way out. At the ripe age of 90. I was 33 years old at the time. I rarely got to see him in the last 5 years of his life. So this last trip was a pretty big deal. He and I were pretty close. He was laying in a bed wearing diapers and within several months of dying. Yet, all he could talk about, is what a screw up my sister was. Ya know, his granddaughter...

Which BTW, my sister isn’t a screw up.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I really don't understand why people like her, by that I mean old people with only years left, cling to the facade of "power" when they could be(and should be) enjoying what time they have left with whatever family they have.

Politics aside, why is she wasting her time. I'd have stepped out years ago.

Biden is another one that sticks out to me, again it's not a political thing, he's obviously lost his edge and may actually have some onset of serious issues(dementia, etc).

Why bother with all this nonsense, take time for yourself and for your family and just MOVE on. Use the time left to make a real difference in the lives of people that matter(your family). Even if that means nothing more than being "present".

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

It may be only fitting she came in under a Repub prez, maybe she will leave under one too.

She was appointed by President Clinton- democrat.
She should step down at this point.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Get well Ruth, just please please step down . Life’s too short don’t go out angry .

She's not 'angry'.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
She should have resigned years ago.
I don't care what anyone says.
I've heard to many old people tell me that they just don't think as clearly as they used too and Ginsberg is no different.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

She's not 'angry'.

I don't know where "angry" came from.

"Stupid", surely and I'm sure in hindsight she and many would see it.

Unless her obligations amount to nothing more than a 3 hour work week(by telecoms) she is wasting her time for nothing more than her personal "vanity" at this point.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Just an FYI. When diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer, life expectancy is approximately 6 months. Considering a tumor was found on the lung first which then lead to the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer- things do not look good long term.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Good point about the law keeping her going. But it could also be liberal ideology. For a long time the liberal Supreme Court justices almost always issued the same opinion as a bloc .

That makes me think they weren’t interpreting the constitution unbiasedly .

It smells like they were ruling with their feelings .

Conservative judges will cross the line with their opinions.

Liberal side not too much .

Whether the law keeps her going or liberal ideology ( which runs very deep with some) is a tossup .

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

I don't know where "angry" came from.

The OP indicated that she's angry

Is she angry? I think she's just determined to be herself until the end.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Is this another "routine emergency" like the MSMs grammatical lackeys like to say?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join