It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong protesters display evil symbol of repression

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A massacre would stir up the global scene permanrntly....man China don't do it

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

It's only a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

How the UK is up there I will never know, constant camera surveillance, insane automobile laws, the fact you can't even say certain things, just does not sound particularly free to me. Maybe I'm biased based on where I am, who knows.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

How the UK is up there I will never know, constant camera surveillance, insane automobile laws, the fact you can't even say certain things, just does not sound particularly free to me. Maybe I'm biased based on where I am, who knows.

Perhaps it's confusing because we all live under the rule of law, some laws vary a little and some laws are different, at the end of the day we all have limited freedom just how much is simply a matter of perception.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You mean those same protestors that are attacking and taking educational intuitions and are paid to do the protesting? at this point i wouldn't even call them protesters.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

But its ok for regime change protestors to commit violent aggregator assaults on state intuitions?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: BlueJacket

It should seem obvious to anyone...its called hoping for support from the USA.

What do you think should we give it to them?

Yes.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

But its ok for regime change protestors to commit violent aggregator assaults on state intuitions?

Oh you mean fight back against an oppressive communist government? Are you kidding? OF COURSE! LMFAO some of you are so freaking oblivious its comical!

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You mean those same protestors that are attacking and taking educational intuitions and are paid to do the protesting? at this point i wouldn't even call them protesters.

Why are you against people attempting to rise up against a tyrannical government?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

I hate it when people attack intuitions... Especially state ones...

How dare they...

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If those state institutions are trying to steel their freedoms then yes. The people of HK have no one but themselves to blame, they should have known this would happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: carsforkids

It should seem obvious to anyone...its called hoping for support from the USA.

What do you think should we give it to them?

Yes.

Well you can't just say yes without telling us some of your ideas
on how? How do you think we should go about assisting these
people? Boots on the ground what?

I don't disagree with you at all because I haven't got clue.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

What cant we say that you can if you dont mind me asking?

also what is insane about our driving laws?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

The congestion charge in London would be one of them, could just be a London thing however, I'll freely admit I don't know enough about the rest of the country to speak authoritatively about it. A good bit of my knowledge is mostly from Top Gear and The Grand Tour, so I imagine colored a bit by Mr. Clarkson.

As for speech laws, a quick perusal of this article spells out what I'm thinking. Britain Turns Offensive Speech Into a Police Matter, I've seen several other examples but I think this sums things up.

"In addition to reporting hate crime, please report non-crime hate incidents," they pleaded. These non-crimes include "things like offensive or insulting comments, online, in person or in writing."
Offensive or insulting? How do you judge that kind of thing? Or even the topic of misgendering people, really? You can call yourself what you want, but don't ask me to participate in your delusion.

The knife issue is another point, I read an article that anecdotally spoke about a chef with a roll of knives being stopped and questioned about it. Now once again, anecdote, but seeing the arrests for "weapons" borders on the absurd.

No knock on the UK, have visited and enjoyed some wonderful people and sights, and will do so again when money and time permits.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Not sure a congestion charge is a driving law per say and you stated it was insanity, insanity is driving on the right

also anything you would like me to post on here you believe I cant say that you can, feel free to say something and I will repeat it, i have done this before when someone said it and I did not even get a phone call from the police

I supposedly would get arrested for saying this, yet nothing, nada not even a tap on the shoulder

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Were not as under the thumb as some news outlets would like you to believe

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

No other flag, represents the notion of freedom and standing up to tyrants.

You had better change the flag then

When it comes to freedom.The US is ranked 17th.

worldpopulationreview.com...

Someone tell the 46 million immigrants living here they should get out while they still can. It’s really more like 56-66 million if the true number of illegal aliens were known. We have at least four times as many immigrants as second-place Germany. Makes you wonder why they keep swarming to this awful place.

Another thing you might consider is just how free the 16 nations ranked above us would be if not for the selfless sacrifice of the United States. The world would be dominated by Germans, Japanese, Russians and Chinese if the USA hadn’t spent trillions of dollars and sacrificed half a million of its sons fighting for the freedom of other nations in the last 100 years. Notice we didn’t acquire any new territory or exact tribute in the process. Notice how we were willing to wage nuclear war with the Soviet Union if they used nukes against any NATO member. The world has been singularly ungrateful for what America has done for it. At least the Hong Kong protesters appreciate us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join