It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles gives the world 18 months to save humanity from climate change

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Good on you, then.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No I'm not confused.

AL Gore riding on his private jet and living in his mega mansion .

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You should read the rule again. It doesn't say anything about personal identifier.

That's right degree is not a personal identifier.

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

As per the definition.

7aeducation : a title conferred on students by a college, university, or professional school on completion of a program of study

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

AL Gore riding on his private jet and living in his mega mansion .

Sounds like you're making an eat the rich argument? People with money aren't to be trusted?

It can't be about hypocrisy. We all contribute to the problem, rich and poor alike. You - and me too Neo

Is that all that's happened in 40 years?

Have you not noticed that things are changing?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I'm saying anyone pushing this climate crap is not to be trusted.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The warming trend is over, for a very long time, hasn't anyone noticed the past three winters and the one developing as we speak. ??? Nobody in this generation has had to live through a Maunder minimum, where each house had a fire to cook food on and warm themselves, where they only had to go out to the woodpile for clean green fuel. When the power lines fall because of ice overload . I think theirs a rude awakening coming where lamenting basic personal infra structure for convenience will be lamented. At forty below it all stops.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Why? I'm not even arguing - why?

Neo - have you not noticed that things are changing?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hey holy church of climatology and their prophets in the thread.

What's YOUR SOLUTION ?

Other than standing on street corners in threads with carboard boxes that say 'the end is nigh' .

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

As a 50 year old.

Nothings changed.

It get hot.

It gets cold.

It rains.

It snows.

It gets wet.

It gets dry.

What my generation use to call seasons.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

What's YOUR SOLUTION ?

Acknowledge the problem

Work towards changing how we live and come up with ideas that will prepare us for the biggest changes

But that will only happen when people understand whats happening and are willing to work together across the globe

I can see how that might sound like a global plot

But, you asked

edit on 11/23/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

They did that back in 1946 when they passed the first environment laws.

And steadily increase the number laws right up until Nixon created the EPA.

Beyond that WHAT DO YOU WANT ?

The STATE already has the power of taxation and regulation on top of a state agency of environmental enforcement.

SO WHAT?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The warming trend is over, for a very long time,
No it isn't.

Nobody in this generation has had to live through a Maunder minimum, where each house had a fire to cook food on and warm themselves, where they only had to go out to the woodpile for clean green fuel.
Yes, Europe got quite cold for a period of time.

But you know what is called the "little ice age" started long before the Maunder Minimum, right? You know it did not involve the whole planet, right? Here's an interesting study that talks about that. There were some major volcanic eruptions which seem to be the primary cause.

While the MM occurred within the much longer LIA period, the timing of the features are not suggestive of causation and should not, in isolation, be used as evidence of significant solar forcing of climate. Climate model simulations suggest multiple factors, particularly volcanic activity, were crucial for causing the cooler temperatures in the northern hemisphere during the LIA. A reduction in total solar irradiance likely contributed to the LIA at a level comparable to changing land use.
www.research.ed.ac.uk...

So, unless we have a bunch of major volcanic eruptions, things probably aren't going to cool down much. Even if the Sun does enter a deep minimum period. But the rate of warming might slow a bit.

edit on 11/23/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Beyond that WHAT DO YOU WANT ?

I'm not going to get into an argument about regulations. We're not just talking about pollution anymore

It's not about what people want Neo. It's not about appeasing any one group of people. This isn't partisan, ideological or even philosophical

It's going to require money, lifestyle changes, laws and regulations

It's also probably impossible because some human beings won't change until it's too late. Which is where we are now

If this were a war effort with an easily identified enemy at the border we would rally. But as long as people are telling you that it's about trying to destroy the economy if not the entire world order many will refuse to pitch in

What's ironic about all this is if we don't get on all this ASAP, there will be a new world order, and none of us will have any say in any of it

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I'm not going to get into an argument about regulations. We're not just talking about pollution anymore

Actually you are. Because everything that has been done, and continue to do just outsources it to third world countries and CHINA.

The Sisyphus Syndrome.

It's not about what people want Neo.

Your right it's not about what the people want. Its about what a Kleptarchy wants.

It's going to require money, lifestyle changes, laws and regulations

Not it's not.

See the 14th amendment.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

A perfect example of what I was talking about.

You can't get people to give up their rights and freedoms unless you can scare them.

So, you scare them.

"Raise taxes or your children will die!"

"Give up rights and freedoms, think of the children!"

It's not about climate at all.

It's about an accumulation of power and authority.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's about an accumulation of power and authority.

And the benjamins.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's not about climate at all.

Yes, it is.

But change is hard. And what's in it for me? Who cares about 50 years from now. Not my problem.

edit on 11/23/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Even the creator of the Green New Deal said it was not about climate but an economic change, so no.

You, good sir, are wrong.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Even the creator of the Green New Deal said it was not about climate but an economic change, so no.

You, good sir, are wrong.

Banning cows,airplanes, and retrofiting every existing building to name a few of the highlights.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dlbott

That is our shield and when the poles shift the shield shifts and at certain times it does allow more radiation into the atmosphere.

Small point. That "shield" you speak of has no effect on electromagnetic radiation, which is the type of radiation which warms the planet.

On the other hand, the "shield" of greenhouse gasses does prevent electromagnetic radiation from leaving.

guess what, one volcano puts more into the atmosphere in one explosion than all the cow's and car's, and plane's, in a whole year, a year lol...
This is not correct.
www.intelligentliving.co...

Well, i love ya so not going to argue points with a master, but there is more than one study that does show that one volcanic eruption does put more into the atmosphere than the others. As for the radiation, uva is a form of radiation and i did not think we were speaking so specifically, it all comes from the same place but not all at same time and there are a myriad of other factors with all of this.. you know as well as i do without that magnetic bubble we would look like mars...

Ok, let's talk about greenhouse and chemtrails... i hear you denying chemtrails already lol.. just look up lol.. so what are they doing to your greenhouse effect, and again I return to some actual problems, like volcano's lol.. you know this stuff man lol....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join