It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is the bermuda triangle a triangle and not a square or any other shape?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
What makes it a triangle or pyrimid as it does reach into space too???

is anyone still researching the bermuda triangle as its an enigma that needs researching alot, nothings ever been found that went missing in it ever ever, so where did it all go?? subs, ships, planes, boats, helicopters.

also why not position saterlites and un manned robo subs, boats, and recon planes or gliders to just patrol bermuda triangle 24/7 all year round.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by blobby]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The shape of the actual "triangle' of disappearances is not geometrical.Although I guess you could shape it up into a triangle if desired.

Not as many disappearances over the last years and the triangle has toned down it's reputation.

The sea is very deep in some areas so it makes sense why wrecks haven't been recovered but either way if there is something strange there, those in charge are not sharing the results of investigations.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Untrue. They have found many lost ships in the triangle.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
no they have not or it would of been in news and papers, provide links and proof if i am wrong but i assure you they have never found diddly squidly.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Its called the 'triangle' not because of any actual geometric relationship. There's are region where supposedly ships 'dissapear'. That region is broadly marked off by three well known islands, bermuda being one of them. Hence the 'triangle'.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's marked by Bermuda, Puerto Rico and Miami if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Because the ares where this phenomena happens is in the shape of a triangle....

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is a pic for the right brainers.

Hope that helps a little.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I remember a long, long time ago I heard that there are a lot of methane pockets underneath this area. Every now and again the methane leaks through the sea floor and bubbles to the surface, which often negates the bouyancy effect ships use to stay afloat, as now they are no longer floating on top of plain seawater. Once it gets to the surface, the methane rises into the atmosphere and messes around with the planes and helicopters and anything else flying overhead, causing them too to crash. I'm not 100% sure of the physics involved but that's what I remember.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Because there is a 500 ft tall buried atlantean crystal pyramid there, of course. I thought everyone knew that. There has been wreckage found as they've shown it on several Discovery Channel programs. The other vessels are merely relocated to another dimension due to the electromagnetic discharges from the pyramid. Some make it back and are found. Now you can't say no one ever told ya.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That ships and planes vanish in this area shouldn't surprise anyone. The weather there is fickle at best, and horrible at worst. Isn't this also the bullseye of Hurricane Alley?

Of course, I like the Crystal Pyramid idea better...BUT...ya gotta be pragmatic once in a while.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint

Of course, I like the Crystal Pyramid idea better...BUT...ya gotta be pragmatic once in a while.

While I do believe in strange happenings within the triangle, many of us do not believe in what I consider nonsense, as crystals in the ocean causing it.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
why is the triangle called a trinagle ??? hmmm... why is an egg called an egg??

[edit on 8-3-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

is anyone still researching the bermuda triangle as its an enigma that needs researching alot, nothings ever been found that went missing in it ever ever, so where did it all go?? subs, ships, planes, boats, helicopters.

Sorry, but you're wrong on the point of nothing ever being found. Countless boats have been found adrift with the crew missing as if they just disappeared into thin air. The bottom of the Bermuda Triangle is littered with reckage of sunken ships and downed aircraft. If you ever watch one of the television shows on the Bermuda Triangle where they are searching for the remains of one of the infamous disappearances, such as Flight 19, you will see how many close hits they get by finding other aircraft or ships.

In addition, the Bermuda Triangle isn't really a triangle anymore. Experts have extended the range all the way to the entire eastern coast of Florida, and I believe even up to Georgia and the Carolinas. So it's really more of an odd-shaped square, with one side being very squigly and the others not being 90 degree angles or equal in length! So maybe that's a rectangle of sorts? I dunno, I flunked geometry! lol

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmHungry
I remember a long, long time ago I heard that there are a lot of methane pockets underneath this area. Every now and again the methane leaks through the sea floor and bubbles to the surface, which often negates the bouyancy effect ships use to stay afloat, as now they are no longer floating on top of plain seawater. Once it gets to the surface, the methane rises into the atmosphere and messes around with the planes and helicopters and anything else flying overhead, causing them too to crash. I'm not 100% sure of the physics involved but that's what I remember.

Here are some websites that explain this phenomenon
www.du.edu...
www.cedar.at...

Rather interesting I might add. Sure does explain some reasons of mechanical malfunctions.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks Rasputin, that saved me typing time.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Due to recent (last 50 years) electro-magnetic disturbances in the earth's magnetic field the crystal pyramid has accumalated more energy thus increasing it's range. I have a plan to utilize this accumalated energy to rule the world!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
interesting idea but why thelast 50 years or so? maybe atom bomb and nuke testing?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Countless boats have been found adrift with the crew missing as if they just disappeared into thin air.

Was the marie celest found there too? Because I know that was very strange like the thing you said.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A couple of years ago I was reading a book someone told me about that was in the library. It was really interesting. And yes, many ships have been recovered and there is a lot of wreckage down there also. I haven't heard of the gas pocket theory, but I would look into that...although the Atlantean pyramid would've been a much better explaination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join