It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When can we start getting involved with alien civil wars/wars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Don't they need democracy? I mean everyone needs democracy. Also they might have oil in their planet.

Oh right, NVM. i think the civil war might be on Earth. We must be trapped. Oh noes!
edit on 22-11-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Show me the aliens first.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Also they might have oil in their planet.

Which ones?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I work with DHS, we've been beating aliens over the heads with clubs for years......the sky above you is safe.

Rest well tonight, we've got it handled.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Also they might have oil in their planet.

Which ones?

NASA found lots of them.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I mean the ones with oil.
And aliens.
Who are having civil wars.
That we could get involved with.

edit on 11/22/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I mean the ones with oil.
And aliens.
Who are having civil wars.
That we could get involved with.

And why we'd need to wage war for oil if we had the capability of traveling 1000's of light-years away for such a thing.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Yeah.
That might raise the price enough to make just about anything else practical as a fuel source.

edit on 11/22/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

When we have the technology for interstellar travel, considering none of their planets are in our solar system and the odds are against them being in nearby ones either.

We can't even make it to Mars. SpaceX's "starship" prototype keeps blowing up in basic testing runs. Those are in our atmosphere no less. We haven't even been back to the moon, although I read that they're planning a mission to do so.

How long will Earth's oil last?
53.3 years
BP's annual report on proved global oil reserves says that as of the end of 2013, Earth has nearly 1.688 trillion barrels of crude, which will last 53.3 years at current rates of extraction. This figure is 1.1 percent higher than that of the previous year. Jul 14, 2014
www.csmonitor.com...

This.. is a problem. Even if we created a better, longer lasting lubricant for all things, gasoline itself requires crude oil to make. This is why electric cars are a thing. Sure, right now it seems like a novelty, extra, and eco-friendly being backed by people who vote Democrat and might even be fans of the Green New Deal. In a mere 50 years however, things will be much, much different. I personally had no idea until I looked it up. It gives a stark perspective.

We wont be getting it from alien planets, that's for sure. By the time we can reach them, by the time we can even reliably reach Mars with people and equipment, we'll already be out of oil.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Unfortunately they're a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. They hit the wall that is the 'great filter', we're all that's left now sorry.

Or maybe, just maybe we're the first life in the Universe, and there aren't any Aliens out there yet until we go put them out there.

But yeah, I hope if Aliens are out there they stay away for their own sake, we humans have no qualms about killing and screwing over each other, I can only imagine what we'd do to something 'foreign'.

Those alien invasion movies where the aliens kill us all and take our resources and women after all are based on nothing but human behaviour as that is all humans know.

We expect Aliens to be like that, because that is how our species would behave. Think Avatar is the only movie to show it that way.

Maybe Aliens don't have civil wars any way, because maybe they're not stupid and don't fight over imaginary lines in the sand and make believe sky fairies. Maybe their concepts of ownership and property are..... well Alien.

Hell I'm a human myself, and even I want to get away from us as 99% of humans are still cavemen, just they have shinier toys now thanks to the 1% of us that have actually evolved.
Given the right circumstances most humans would beat your head in with a iPad just to steal your shoes.
What sane intelligent species would want to go near that?

If Aliens have studied us for a long time and still come visit, I'm just going to have to assume they're as insane as, if not more so a species than we are.

But yeah, who knows? maybe Earth is an anomaly and apart from us the Universe is all rocks, gases and stuff and nothing else?
It is kind of sad to think if we could travel 200 million light years to another planet, TPTB wouldn't do it for science and humanity, they would be doing it just to line their pockets with more shiny rocks and black goo.

Seriously it's the only reason we've not really gone beyond the moon (if we even went to begin with) because the financial motivation aint there for the people who control that stuff.
Maybe there are aliens out there and like us, their 'leaders' are just as selfish, greedy and stupid and they'll never leave their planet either for the same reason.

Maybe they too have something like ATS, and Facebook etc. and the majority of them would rather talk about their Trump's/Hillary's, the latest alien cat videos and complain about how bad every thing is, instead of ways to advance and fix their societies problems and come together as a species.

Maybe their Alien Jesus has told them they will all go to Alien hell if they try?

I genuinely wish I knew one way or the other.

edit on 23-11-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: replaced a single word. because incorrect context can start interstellar wars.

edit on 23-11-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: 99% and 2% don't make 100%

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The more I think about it, the more I’m inclined to think that potential “alien” visitors will not arrive in space crafts, unless it’s the size of a small planet, so it can take multiple generations to get somewhere, or have some technology that enables them to live much longer, or in suspended animation.

However, I personally think that the answer lies in quantum mechanics, because, in theory, it is the only way to bridge impossible distances between us and potential habital zones in other galaxies, without it taking decades or even centuries to reach them. Besides, our technology is greatly dependant on fossil fuels and nuclear energy, this doesn’t have to be the case for our distant neighbors. For all we know they’re able to make entire crafts travel through a quantum portal with minimal effort/energy.

edit on 23-11-2019 by 2Faced because: Talk to god, you’re religious, god talks to you, you’re psychotic...

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Hell I'm a human myself,

Do you expect us to take your word on that?

edit on 11/23/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well I generally tell people I'm not a human, because I don't relate to most of that species, but hey people need labels to make sense of things so I grin and bare it.

Just waiting for the mother ship to come get me and take me hone.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Hell I'm a human myself,

Can you honestly explain why you wouldn't?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

Yep mostly agree with you, I believe even if you could achieve light speed it would still take about 200 years to reach our closest star neighbour, Alpha Centauri.

Unless we invent some way to 'fold space' or other form of instantaneous travel like Quantum teleportation nobodies visiting us and we're not visiting them, and especially not if they're in another Galaxy which is moving away from us due to expansion, well except maybe for Andromeda which is meant to collide with the Milky Way one day.

Quantum teleportation is possible. It's been done apparently on the atomic level or something. Catch is, it's more like Faxing a copy while destroying the original. You use it to send a yourself anywhere, you won't be appearing on the other side, but a perfect copy of you will.

And this is all reliant on if they could even find our needle in their haystack to begin with, or us theirs.

Sadly the chances of meeting Alien life..... well life outside of our solar system that is.... are much lower than our chances of never meeting them.

Not helped by it seeming that the majority of people including TPTB have no interest in leaving our own orbit let alone solar system.
Hell, get a lot of people posting on ATS who think even going to Mars is a waste of time.

I think if we ever get non-Earth visitors it'll be more likely to be inter-dimensional travelers from other universes than those from our own, a bit like that movie Pacific Rim.

That is of course, other dimensions exist, which I'm leaning towards them not. (Might make a thread on that in the future.)

Gonna take huge advancements in technology and massive change in human mentality if we ever have a chance of becoming a space faring species, even if it is only traveling inside our own Solar System and nothing else.

Sadly my faith in mankind isn't that great. It used to be, but reality has a habit of stomping dreams I've learned.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hammaraxx

Hell I'm a human myself,

Can you honestly explain why you wouldn't?

Maybe it's like the old thing of "Prove to me you exist", end of the day nobody can prove any one else exists.

For all Phage and you know I'm a Google AI running on 400,000 core CPU based computer.
What has he got to base his knowledge of me on?

My avatar is a raccoon, my location is a giant weapon from the Halo games, and while I claim to be Australian I could be anywhere in the world. (or universe for that matter)
Neither of you have seen or heard me, in person or virtually. The only words of mine you have are pixels on a screen.

Questioning everything we do not have hard facts on is good science. It's nice to just be able to take peoples words just because that is how it should work, but we know the reality is different. Sentient beings can lie cheat and steal etc. and many do.

While I don't always agree with Phage's views, I do wish people would question things more as Phage does and not just take everything on someones say so and nothing else.
People can see a duck, hear a duck, taste a duck and smell a duck, but some will say it's a unicorn just because the right person told them it was and no other reason despite what their senses tell them.

Oh well, end of the day all of reality is just a chemical based hallucination and nothing more, or so some sciencey types say.

But that's my view. Phage can speak for themselves.
edit on 23-11-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos of course, because it's not a post of mine without them and a Edit.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I should have mentioned it, because it was the basis for my quantum mechanics referral. It works for our own universe, as wel as other dimensions/universes offcourse.

In fact, after hearing the Founder of D’Wave speaking on the possibility that information could be retrieved from other (paralel) universes by quantum computers, it seemd only logical that if you create a door that it will work both ways. Unless you have a membrane in place that can filer out the unknown.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Humans, the dumbest life form on the block, so not in this millennium. Will we even live long enough.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Don't they need democracy? I mean everyone needs democracy. Also they might have oil in their planet.

Oh right, NVM. i think the civil war might be on Earth. We must be trapped. Oh noes!

Every one of us was born into a war on Universal Humanties behalf...by proxy.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Who says were not already?

Bwhahaahahahahahahaahaha!

Area 51 is a FOB.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join