It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rise and fall of Bobby D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Just a chatty thread regarding actors in general, but I'll target DeNiro in this, just for an example.

I...Used...to be a big movie buff. I never really cared for or followed the Hollywood gossip stuff because honestly(I, like many) just "like" these people for their on screen ability.

I've always liked bob(can I call him bob?, no, well F it, I'm going to call you bob).

The jist is that the best anyone in hollywood could hope to do is hide in the shadows with regard to their personal life or their "real" character lest they alienate a good portion of their fans and the net effect will hit them square in the pocket book.

Bobby(I call him bob, he doesn't like it) went all TDS and just went all crazy old man. Thankfully for him, he's out of the boxoffice for the most part. But others have "made the move" and felt the effects. Mel did it(unintentionally) and tom did it with his nut job scientology crap.

People don't want' to know the REAL you, just the you they have created in their mind through your films. I've loved(the topic of this post) bob for his on screen roles for decades.

You want to maintain that aura, that what makes people want to "obsess" over your very presence.

When you go all crazy(either politics, religion or just anything that makes you seem like the town nutter). People will get to the point where they actually would AVOID you in public. And it's sad, not sad because you turn out to be an actual person(a foolish person, like 99 percent of the rest of us) but because you took the one thing in your favor and dump it down the toilet.

I still will watch his movies, but they hurt my neck these days, because I'm constantly shaking it back and forth while thinking what a dip# he is(I have the same problem with tom, who is a fantastic actor).

This was written from the standpoint of an old(ish, for reference I'm mid 30's, that might be a shock for most here) movie buff...
edit on 22-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Won’t go to see his movies anymore, just another spoiled hollyweird liberal. Ya gone full retard for sure!

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

When these actors are so good at their job it is hard to know when they’re not acting. How do we really know when they are turning it on or off? We don’t, so we should treat them as if they are always playing a role.

Actors are good pretenders at being something they are not and society should understand that it is just a job. We should stop placing these people on a pedestal. Appreciate their work, but then draw a line.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I’ve never understood the fascination with Hollyweird. I get that they can afford to be liberals because they are so damn rich it won’t bankrupt them like the rest of us, but seriously, most of them barely graduated from high school. I am not impressed.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
...most of them barely graduated from high school. I am not impressed.

Creative types often have a hard time in institutions.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
We should all remember that these people spend most of theiur lives, reading other people's words, attemptig to brig out other's emotions (their characters) - and generally, presenting a convincing yet false image for our enjoyment,

Do any of them truly have any origninal thoughts of their own that haven't been pre-programmed by...
the powers that be (in Hollywod? or elsewhere?)!

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
For a counter-example, check out the grave of Lee Marvin. I rather suspect he was far more in touch with reality than many of his fellow actors.

Lee Marvin R.I.P.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
yer right hes right up there with meryl can stand them now a reply to: MisterSpock

new topics

top topics

join