It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Briefed On IG Report DRAFT State Impending Report Will Be A Big Disappointment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
An article published today by www.independentsentinel.com., states that a draft of the highly anticipated report from Inspector General Michael Horowitz, is "uneventful."

Draft of IG’s report shows officials were sloppy, debunks ‘conspiracy theories’

There was a thread posted yesterday that was about an FBI official who was under criminal investigation for supposedly altering a document related to 2016 surveillance of a Trump campaign adviser.

According to this article, this FBI official was a "low-level official."

Investigators for the inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, uncovered errors and omissions in documents related to the wiretapping of a former Trump campaign adviser, Carter Page — including that a low-level lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, altered an email that officials used to prepare to seek court approval to renew the wiretap, the people said.

The article also states that high ranking intelligence officials, that some are hoping to be indicted, will be absolved "of abusing their powers out of bias against President Trump."

The NY Times writes, A highly anticipated report by the Justice Department’s inspector general is expected to sharply criticize lower-level F.B.I. officials as well as bureau leaders involved in the early stages of the Trump-Russia investigation, but to absolve the top ranks of abusing their powers out of bias against President Trump, according to people briefed on a draft.

Some other things that were supposedly uncovered from this draft:

Mr. Horowitz’s report, to be made public on Dec. 9, portrays the overall effort to seek the wiretap order and its renewals as sloppy and unprofessional, according to the people familiar with it.

Comey and McCabe are in the clear...In particular, while Mr. Horowitz criticizes F.B.I. leadership for its handling of the highly fraught Russia investigation in some ways, he made no finding of politically biased actions by top officials Mr. Trump has vilified like the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey; Andrew G. McCabe, the former deputy who temporarily ran the bureau after the president fired Mr. Comey in 2017; and Peter Strzok, a former top counterintelligence agent.

President Trump prematurely told the Fox & Friends audience this morning that the findings would be ‘historic,’ but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Spy Joseph Mifsud, Steele, the dossier, MEH! The report is also said to conclude that Joseph Mifsud, a Russia-linked professor...was not an F.B.I. informant.

None of the evidence used to open the investigation came from the C.I.A. or from a notorious dossier of claims about Trump-Russia ties compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence agent whose research was funded by Democrats, the report concludes, according to the people briefed on it.

Man, I hope this is just "fake news," because I was counting on some heads rolling on December 9th. Now it appears it might be a nothingburger. Here's another article that expresses skepticism on the soon to be released IG report.

Michael Horowitz is not the Deep State slayer we hoped he’d be

From the above article:

It’s best to reserve judgment until the IG report is released December 9th, but it doesn’t look good. If Kevin Clinesmith is the only person implicated in this mess, then the IG investigation is a failure. It could even be a cover up. It will certainly get the left saying, “See, there was no conspiracy against the President.”

Some will say this is the smoking gun and the fact that Clinesmith was a low-level player doesn’t mean he wasn’t working on behalf of bigger fish. They will still point to James Comey, James Clapper, Peter Strzok, John Brennan, and other higher-level Department of Justice players who were working against President Trump. But that’s not what the IG report will say, according to news stories being published about it. The report will essentially clear the big boys while laying out Clinesmith as the scapegoat.

It (the report) will say he did this of his own accord and without the knowledge or prompting of his superiors. It will not point to a Deep State conspiracy but will instead say a low-level employee snuck in his own thoughts to help the cause.

All I can say, is that I hope John Durham can deliver the goods. Thoughts?

edit on 11/22/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The IG report, in my mind, will be a big nothing burger.

Based on everything Horowitz has ground out so far.

After all, it is entirely focused on FISA warrant abuse.

So the most we will probably see is some procedural crimes.

Which puts Republicans in jail but are just business as usual for Democrats.

I'd be happily surprised if anything really comes of it, but I'm not holding my breath.

HOWEVER.

Durham is where the money shot is.

And no idea when it comes out.

My best semi-intelligence guess is between Christmas and Easter.

edit on 22-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Note that the New York Times first wrote the piece. One hour later, the Washington Post followed suit. Now, as usual, all the little guppies are copying the story.

The New York Times quickly composed their article just 8 hours after President Trump described the contents of the I.G. Report as "historic". Trump was briefed on it by his Attorney General (William Barr) last week.

Two days after that briefing, Barr gave an amazing speech, pointing out how desperate Democrats are to take out President Trump.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Most of us kind of knew that nothing major would come out of this. But the report will probably point in the direction that the investigation into trump was unfounded at the level it was. The FBI should have evaluated the evidence and it should have never been blown out of proportion like it was. No high ranking officials will get charged but some may resign or retire or maybe get reassigned.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Note that the New York Times first wrote the piece. One hour later, the Washington Post followed suit. Now, as usual, all the little guppies are copying the story.

The New York Times quickly composed their article just 8 hours after President Trump described the contents of the I.G. Report as "historic". Trump was briefed on it by his Attorney General (William Barr) last week.

Two days after that briefing, Barr gave an amazing speech, pointing out how desperate Democrats are to take out President Trump.

I was happy about the news from Trump that the Durham report would come out soon afterward.

A 1-2 punch delivered with the right timing?

We'll see.

Wouldn't that make more people Q'ish?

edit on 22-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I’m not so sure about that. Maybe maybe not but a people in the know see it differently.

There’s one notable person that worked under Peter Strzok . ( Literally )

She also has been shown to do some selective editing .

If all we get is Lisa Page.

I’m good with it.

Lawyers squeal the loudest when they’re at risk of going to jail.

Look at Michael Cohen.

edit on 22-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust b

Both articles are from Conservative publications. If the story was BS, they would've ignored it, right?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I heard Dana Perino on The Five today claim in essence that it wouldn't be the hammer the Republicans were hoping for. Basically, like Comey's comments about the actions of HRC being "careless" while no criminal charges would be brought against her, it came across that although all the seemingly political bias against Trump by certain people in some government agencies weren't really political bias and weren't criminal. At least that's what I interpreted it as.

So all this time and money wasted....on both sides with no one being held accountable. It is what it is.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I notice no one is showing the draft.

I'm going to wait for the report and make up my own mind.
It's only two weeks away.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Whether or not the story is fake.

Everyone high level in any investigation has the power to
know exactly what is going to be in any report concerning them.
Well before anything is released and out of control from making said
report amicable to their interests. The dreamers who think top level
heads will roll are pulling those dreams from the pipe. Epstien's fake
suicide is the clue so put down the pipe.

edit on 22-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Exactly right

I knew as soon as barr refused to prosecute comey when the ig recommended it that no one of importance would face justice

The swamp wins

Honestly if this is what happens, trump deserves exactly what has happened to him

This will be a victory for the deep state unlike any other in history

There crimes will be obvious and out in the open, and they will walk away completely free laughing as coney did after Barr refused to charge him

And next time they will make sure to not allow a candidate they may not bow to them

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Is the sheen wearing thin?
Fight the power!

edit on 11/22/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Reportedly, Kevin Clinesmith is the attorney who
fabricated an email that was used to obtain a
FISA warrant. This is a very serious crime that
likely will not go unpunished. ETA: Clinesmith
was reported to be The "primary FBI attorney"
on Trump-Russia probe as of early 2017 in the
June 2018 OIG report. So he was not just a
low level guy.

The guy spent election day crying, not sure
how he will hold up in prison.

Maybe he has something to bargain with?
Like knowledge from the small group he
was in with Strzok and Page?

In any case, Horowitz is a lifelong Democrat,
this seems to be his pattern of overlooking the
big fish. But I am going to wait to see the full
report, 500 pages and expect to see more of the
preemptive strikes before Durham comes on the scene.

edit on 22-11-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Don’t worry

I’ll still point out corruption, and you will still get to defend it!

So everyone wins

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

It wasn’t Horowitzs fault that comey didn’t get prosecuted

He recommended it

That was barr who let him off the hook

Trump has surrounded himself with the wrong people, and this it will be his fault when the criminals go unpunished

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

There's so much overlap between what Durham is investigating, and Horowitz was investigating, I couldn't see IG Horowitz issuing his report with "few redactions", like he promised. Maybe the two of them have found a way around this.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
How are they reporting on a draft that has not been released? I did not see any mention of a source other than the New York Times. But, where did they get it from?

Could it be a fake that was intentionally released for some reason to the NYT?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: carewemust b
Both articles are from Conservative publications. If the story was BS, they would've ignored it, right?

They're both citing the New York Times as their source. Those publications are merely reporting what the NYTimes said. They do it all the time, whether its good or bad for Conservatives.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Grambler
Is the sheen wearing thin?
Fight the power!

Weren't you the guy that was breathless about MSN news reports on the Trump/Russian collusion thing for what... 2 1/2 years?

Barr was put in office in February of this year, replacing Session's total failure as the AG.

So we're 10 months into this.

Have the same patience you did when your party failed you utterly the last time.

Oh wait.

They're still doing it....

NM

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Of course this could be inaccurate

Heck the fact that this lawyer is being investigated could be inaccurate

So of course we will have to see for ourselves when it’s released

But my prediction is this will be correct; no one significant will pay any price

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join