It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The RNC spent almost $100,000 to buy up copies of Donald Trump Jr.'s book

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Blaine91555

Donor mementos. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with that. True.

But buying $100K worth of a book that the Presidents son wrote to give away as the memento?

Politics should not be a way for your family to make money.

Except republicans donating wouldn't donate if the gift they were going to receive was some book by a democrat. haha

Democrat books are TDS on steroids plus damage control. Republican/conservative books are the actual truth of things which everyone knows.
edit on 22-11-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Now you have done it...
I am gonna donate my 50 and get my book
Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Bernie Sanders was patting himself on the back in the debates about how many of the millions of dollars in his war chest came from people donating $175 or less... while he was railing about how Americans can't afford a trip to the doctor, rent, food, education, etc.

Republicans look to put more of American's personal earnings into those Americans who earned it's pockets where those earners can then make the best choices of where to spend their hard earned dollars... including by donating to the RNC and receiving a very well written, thought provoking book. Meanwhile, the Dem plan is to take more money from earners and use it to secure more Kept Voters who supposedly are so goddamned poor they can't afford a $20 abortion without the tax payers subsidizing it for them, and they're gloating over those same apparently too broke to murder their own children out of pocket leftists having enough money to send $175 to Bernie.

Life is full of choices... do I send this Benjamin to Bernie or do I use to execute the next 5 offspring I get knocked up with if the GOP quits subsidizing Planned Parenthood? Did you ever have to make up your mind? Pick up on one and leave the other behind...

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

But, But, Republicans I'm told, are poor, Donald Snr keeps on about that....in his own sweet way, $50 can still buy something helpful in the US, who the feck wants to buy a $50 book about trigger???

The book itself is around $10 to $20 retail depending on where you decide to purchase the unsigned work.

From the RNC you get a signed copy for donating $50....

No one bitched about Billy Beer...this is comical.

I may donate now to get a few copies to tee off the relatives while the book available for donations (tax deductible and all that)....

Not a fan here of father or son, but cheese and rice look what could have been or what to choose from now! Far worse in every way...

mg

edit on 22-11-2019 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2019 by missed_gear because: verbage

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

😅😅😅

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.forbes.com... worked for obama

The former president didn’t waste much time capitalizing on his story once he got to the nation’s capital. In January 2005, the same month he joined the Senate, he got approval from its ethics committee for a $1.9 million advance against royalties with Random House for two non-fiction books and one children’s book.
article goes on to talk about how he made 10 million when in office also from book deals ,trump was pretty rich before taking office so i assume his kid was as well

pelosi has made bank working in the house and finestine got rich in the senate clintons amassed wealth while in office

en.wikipedia.org... here are the 48 richest congress men/women

en.wikipedia.org... washington was the 2nd richest president ever so its kind of a decent way to make money in this country

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: grey580

They'll make w0nderful Christmas gifts.

Yes,
I hear it's all about pictures of animals, and features the Rolls Royce of cowboys Roy Roger's, horse...Trigger....well just his head!

Yes, beautiful animals, the most beautiful I tell you!! well, parts of them anyway, like an elephants tail

Personally, I wouldn't wipe my ass with the pages of his book.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It is OK for the Trumps to game the system.

Nevermind that the same posters say it is OK were raising hell denouncing a Dem for a free T shirt for every $50 donation. They are immune to hypocrisy and nevermind this personally enriches a politician's kid, but you can be sure that if a Dem does it they rant and rave about it. If you bring this up they will have amnesia.

Both sides are hypocrites on crap like this.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

How exactly is this "gaming the system"?

People who want a signed copy of the book and want to donate to the RNC are knowingly giving their money for those expressed purposes. As a result, the RNC has raised a lot of money and Jr. sold some books.

It's not like this is govt money being spent on Jr.'s books. It's not even people giving their money to an organization and not knowing part of it was going to buy some of the books. They wanted a signed copy of the book and, apparently, were willing to pay $50 to get it. They also wanted to donate to the RNC.

Considering how much they raised, I think it's fair to say he was actually the one helping the RNC, not the other way around.
edit on 22-11-2019 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Oh wow, maybe I should donate fifty one bucks to the horse and pony show so I get a signed copy of the book. I wonder if the Dems are doing that with all they books they bought from the book deals they negotiated with the people who screwed Trump over? That is a good way to line the pockets of someone to turn on their boss.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Nevermind that the same posters say it is OK were raising hell denouncing a Dem for a free T shirt for every $50 donation. They are immune to hypocrisy and nevermind this personally enriches a politician's kid, but you can be sure that if a Dem does it they rant and rave about it. If you bring this up they will have amnesia.

State Dept. spends $70K on Obama books

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The RNC spent nearly $100,000 on Donald Trump Jr.'s book, but that's not why it's a best-seller

According to NPD Bookscan, which analysts in the industry use to track book sales, "Triggered" sold 70,730 hardcover copies in its first week. The second book on The Times' list that week, "Finding Chika," sold 30,678 copies.

In its second week, "Triggered" sold 44,337 copies. The second book on The Times' best-seller list that week was "Sam Houston and the Alamo Avengers," which sold 23,654 copies.

It's unclear precisely how many copies of "Triggered" the RNC purchased. But if the organization spent approximately $100,000 on an order, and it purchased the copies at the listed price of $30, that would equate to a little under 3,500 copies.

If the RNC purchased $100,000 of books at a 50% discount, it would have bought a little under 7,000 copies.
Neither figure would have been large enough to get the book to the top of the Times' list. Even if the RNC's order were to be excluded from the total sales, Trump Jr.'s book would almost certainly still debuted at No. 1.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Fascinating how slavish the fans of this clan are. They get #ed in the ass by a gang of big capitalists. And at the same time they moan about the evil establishment.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

since everyone does it, it's either right, or wrong. But only having a problem with one side doing it, just seems a bit daft. Perhaps that's the wrong way to look at it, perhaps not.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

How is the system being gamed? Are there unwilling participants in this? And I don't recall anyone on these boards getting upset about a t shirt for a $50 donation.

And on the subject of enrichment. Did you have a problem with a sitting President receiving royalties for books he wrote, including a children's book he authored while in office?
edit on 23-11-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It's a fundraising gimmick. People want the book more than they want to give money so the RNC used that to make money. It's transparent and no one is being taken advantage due to it.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the State Dept. bulk purchase Dreams of My Father ($122k) to give out to foreign dignitaries, etc. both directly and through its embassies in Cairo, Greece, and S. Korea?

That was collected taxpayer dollars being used, and directly enriched a sitting political official.

Private donations to an incumbent candidate's campaign which result in the receipt of a gift enriching a non-elected official is not an issue. Even if Don Jr. were an elected representative, it still wouldn't be an issue, as these were private donations and not tax revenue.

C'mon, this one was easy. Next.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They're ordering to keep up with fundraising.

If someone donates 50 dollars or more to Trump, they get a signed copy of the book.

They're just keeping up with demand.

Its also a way to get your book on the bestseller list. Buy them all yourself.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
FLASHBACK
And in 2016 .....

Nobody wants Hillary Clinton's new book

Hillary Clinton's newest book is a certifiable flop by the publishing industry's standards, The New York Times reports. Stronger Together sold only 2,912 copies in its first week of sales according to Nielsen BookScan, which charts about 80 percent of nationwide physical book sales.......

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So, no one is gonna convince me that jr sat down and personally signed all these books so my question is....
How much are they paying the robosigners? Where can I get an application? And, will I get into any legal trouble when it comes out that the signatures are forgeries?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join