It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The RNC spent almost $100,000 to buy up copies of Donald Trump Jr.'s book

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Blaine91555

Donor mementos. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with that. True.

But buying $100K worth of a book that the Presidents son wrote to give away as the memento?

Politics should not be a way for your family to make money.

So people are giving the Trump campaign $1000s and the Trump campaign give them a $50.00 book in return and you think giving away a book is wrong
That’s a little shallow don’t you think?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Seriously, if you write a book and cash in on it, that's about some of the most honest work you can do. Works the same on crowdfunding sites, sure you can do the minimal donation but if you donate more you get a perk or perks for donating. If Bernie Sanders wrote a book, and if you donated $50 to Bernie for president, and you got a copy of his book along with that donation I would have no issue with it. Same if Clinton, Gabbard, Bush, etc.

The people donate knowing full well that book isn't $50, but they feel they're getting their value out of it and still donating. I have no issues at all with this type of funding. Same as the Ron Paul example above, it was a shirt, same concept although I think a book might be more productive. Now if any of these people read the book, who knows, but that's not the topic of discussion.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Do the math.

Shows what good stewards of $$$ the Rep's are as far as I'm concerned.

Yay.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
If Bernie Sanders wrote a book

...it would be about rape fantasies, same as his prior writings, and only sold through Letters to Penthouse.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It is still 100% less than Ihlan Omar spent on her married lover in consulting fees and housing...

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why not let the kids buy their own books if they are non-educational....albeit, 'historical'...

The money could have been spent in an obvious charitable way....for whomever believes in charity that is!

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This isn’t even in the same ballpark. This isn’t even corruption. How is this OP allowed to compare these two issues like they are the same thing? The OP is seriously delusional or worse just thick.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They're ordering to keep up with fundraising.

If someone donates 50 dollars or more to Trump, they get a signed copy of the book.

They're just keeping up with demand.

It's the Russians wot dunnit!

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm confused. The story says it was paying for promotion of the book. Where does buy physical copies come in?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They're ordering to keep up with fundraising.

If someone donates 50 dollars or more to Trump, they get a signed copy of the book.

They're just keeping up with demand.

It's the Russians wot dunnit!

*shakes an angry fist at the Ruskies*

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
How much was the book?

How much of the donation went to a book?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Why not let the kids buy their own books if they are non-educational....albeit, 'historical'...

The money could have been spent in an obvious charitable way....for whomever believes in charity that is!

Yup!

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So what's the argument here?
Orange man son bad?

No one would complain if Joe Biden gave out friendship bracelets with any donation over 50k. Just sayin...

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Man, the people who really hate Trump must have some really, really long arms.
edit on 22-11-2019 by BoscoMoney because: fix

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

They'll make w0nderful Christmas gifts.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So his royalty payment MIGHT be as much as $15,000 and could be much less.

Yeah. Big scandal.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
File OP under Derp.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

They'll make w0nderful Christmas gifts.

Yes,
I hear it's all about pictures of animals, and features the Rolls Royce of cowboys Roy Roger's, horse...Trigger....well just his head!

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
File OP under Derp.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Seriously, if you write a book and cash in on it, that's about some of the most honest work you can do. Works the same on crowdfunding sites, sure you can do the minimal donation but if you donate more you get a perk or perks for donating. If Bernie Sanders wrote a book, and if you donated $50 to Bernie for president, and you got a copy of his book along with that donation I would have no issue with it. Same if Clinton, Gabbard, Bush, etc.

The people donate knowing full well that book isn't $50, but they feel they're getting their value out of it and still donating. I have no issues at all with this type of funding. Same as the Ron Paul example above, it was a shirt, same concept although I think a book might be more productive. Now if any of these people read the book, who knows, but that's not the topic of discussion.

But, But, Republicans I'm told, are poor, Donald Snr keeps on about that....in his own sweet way, $50 can still buy something helpful in the US, who the feck wants to buy a $50 book about trigger???

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join