It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The RNC spent almost $100,000 to buy up copies of Donald Trump Jr.'s book

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So people here on the website have been talking about how the children of politicians get cushy jobs or sweet deals. And here we go with another one. Looks like the RNC spent $100K to order Trump Jr's book for people that donated more than $50.

The Republican National Committee spent almost $100,000 to buy up copies of Donald Trump Jr.'s book, and it was probably a big reason he made it onto The New York Times bestseller list.

Personally, I think that, politicians kids should not be enriching themselves at the expense of people that donate money to a campaign. That money is for the express use of campaigning. Not for lining your kids pocket.

What say you ATS?

The RNC spent almost $100,000 to buy up copies of Donald Trump Jr.'s book

edit on 22-11-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
boo

boo

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

They're ordering to keep up with fundraising.

If someone donates 50 dollars or more to Trump, they get a signed copy of the book.

They're just keeping up with demand.

edit on 22-11-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Donor mementos. Nothing wrong with that.

Ryan Saavedra

@RealSaavedra

Donald Trump Jr.’s book sold 71,000 copies in the first week while the 2nd place non-fiction book sold just over 30,000 copies

He could have sold 30,000 copies through the RNC and his book would have still easily been the #1 book without them twitter.com...
Nick Confessore

@nickconfessore
Replying to @nickconfessore

A win-win for the Trumps and the RNC. Party raised about $500,000 off of the promotion, owing to donor interest in "Triggered." Guesstimating off the Books-a-Million discount price, Don Jr. could have sold around 4,000 books. Doesn't take too much more to hit the list.

LINK

$100,000 to get back $500,000 proves it was a good idea. No different than charities giving out the shirts or blankets to entice people to give. It works. They would be dumb to not do things like that to be honest.
edit on 11/22/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Pretty standard by the stains on both sides of the aisle.

Not much else to say.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Christmas gifts to supporters.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What's the big deal?

The DNC paid Steel $3.6 million to write a dossier. The presidential challenger threw in another$5.6 million

Back to Orangeman son is bad.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

start building those gallows. I'll get the rope.

link   

So people here on the website have been talking about how the children of politicians get cushy jobs or sweet deals.

Surely you don't mean a $130 million dollar bailout and a sweet $80k grand a month stipidend from a corrupt Eu country?

link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Nothing wrong with that. True.

But buying $100K worth of a book that the Presidents son wrote to give away as the memento?

Politics should not be a way for your family to make money.

link   
From your own source:

On the day of the book's release, the RNC offered a free signed copy of "Triggered" to anyone who donated more than $50 to the committee, which also presumably juiced sales of the book.

I don't see the issue.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And I'm ambivalent towards that as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Don't worry.

I don't buy political books or donate to the RNC.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

and? is there some scandal about the pay scale he got for his book with out having experience doing so? not like hes the only one churning out books these days think comey wrote one and a few others including some news casters . is it some what surprising that the republican party wants to buy books of the republican presidents kid? i mean its not like hes making 50k a month for an area he has no job experience in the industry

and from OP's source

The Times reporter Nick Confessore said the RNC got more than its money's worth for the apparent bulk purchase of the book because Trump Jr. raised money for the Republican Party while promoting the book.
and trump has basically worked for free for the last 3 years donating his what 250k salary to various things so perhaps its their way of saying thanks or perhaps gasp they liked his "triggered book"

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
All-consuming obsessions. Normalcy just like Cursive is from a by-gone era. We are lost as a society of morals and kindness.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'd agree there is corruption in both sides, this just doesn't seem like one of them.

Only person I ever donated to was Ron Paul, I did by ordering a shirt. It was vastly overpriced thus a donation. The shirt came with the donation. Seems same thing is going on here. Donate and get a book, they have to buy the book of course like Ron Paul had to buy the shirt.

edit on 22-11-2019 by pianopraze because: spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Blaine91555

Nothing wrong with that. True.

But buying $100K worth of a book that the Presidents son wrote to give away as the memento?

Politics should not be a way for your family to make money.

It worked though and was highly profitable. Not to mention the donors knew it coming in. I would not care which party it was, I'd say it's just a fundraising tool.

Seems to me you're just upset because you don't like the players, not because it was wrong to do.

What would bother me are things more like when Hillary broke her promise and moved the money for state candidates to the national campaign. Now that pissed off a lot of Democrats she did that, after her promises of the "ground up" rebuilding of the party and campaign reform.

Fundraising is a dirty business due to the vast sums of money they need.

Now I'd be happy to condemn the current process and I wish the money were taken out of elections somehow.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

They're asking for $50 donations and the donor receives a $18 book ($9 if they're paperbacks)... it looks to me like the RNC is clearing at least $32 on every book they send out. That's an outstanding return on investment!

I'm not seeing an issue. (and before we go dipping our piggies into the usual and predictable ridiculous bullschiff of whataboutism, please, pretty please find any example on ATS of me complaining about any past relative of a politician writing a book and making that bread from it.)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hey wait.

This looks all out in the open and legal unlike Democrat hidden BS that runs through foreign banks and laundered asset managers 😃 😃

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join