It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times writer praises Hillary for wearing white and then slams Tulsi for the same thing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Another day, another case of blatant MSM propaganda.
Apparently Tulsi Gabbard recently wore an all-white suit to an event. According to the NY Times' very professional and expert contributor Vanessa Friedman, Tulsi's white outfit

"made her look like a “cult leader” full of “combative righteousness.” The terrifying white fabric has “connotations of the fringe, rather than the center” and even undermines “community building,”

Now, this would be ridiculous enough, if it wasn't for the fact that very professional and expert contributor Vanessa Friedman also wrote an article about Hillary wearing an all-white suit - although, with a very different opinion:

In her white suit, with her white crew neck underneath, Mrs. Clinton looked supremely unflappable: perfectly tailored and in control... The kind of person who could carry the nuclear codes with aplomb.

That suit, quietly yet clearly, made reference to history, specifically the history of the women’s movement.

Thursday night was Mrs. Clinton’s moment, and one for all women.

“Imagine choosing something as patently stupid as white pantsuits to expose your rank hypocrisy and blind hatred over,” one Twitter user commented

Source 1
Friedman's article on Hillary
edit on 11/22/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/22/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just.Damned.Bizzare.

These damned leftists, that is.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Just.Damned.Bizzare.

These damned leftists, that is.

Her quotes would make master propagandist Joseph Goebbels proud.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm waiting for Tulsi to come back and hit Vanessa Friedman on her looks. There is plenty of subject matter as Trump would say.
edit on 22-11-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
white........ you mean like Leprosy.... then ok.! A lot would also like to see her bleached white bones. Just saying.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Do you think now that tulsi is going through these smears every day, that she has even once paused and thought "Geez, maybe I shouldnt have cheered on these people when they were smearing trump in absurd ways"

Nah, me neither

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
That's some damn fine, hard hitting investigative journalism there.

SMH

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

SMH

while it may not quite be Woodward and Bernstien type material, it's factual, and makes the writer look like an idiot. which I believe was the intent.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I'm waiting for Tulsi to come back and hit Vanessa Friedman on her looks. There is plenty of subject matter as Trump would say.

Vanessa looks like she did a 100 dash in a 90 gym and hit the wall face first.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

"made her look like a “cult leader” full of “combative righteousness.” The terrifying white fabric has “connotations of the fringe, rather than the center” and even undermines “community building,”

How do they come up with this crap, I'll give them one thing, they're good at spinning a story in which ever direction they choose. When I watched some clips from the debate I also noticed she was wearing white while everyone else was wearing black or dark colors, and the first thing I thought was that she's the only truly good hearted person on the stage and her choice of clothing reflects that, she's not trying to give off a cold business-only persona. I find it funny yet sad that they attack the only rational minded candidate running because she's not far left enough for them. I mean she's even a women and a Samoan-American, she should tick the diversity and minority boxes, but we all know that really has nothing to do with it, they'd rather elect some super old white guy because he promised to cure cancer or give them free stuff.
edit on 22/11/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

At first, I thought I accidentally Googled Debbie Wasserman Schultz, but realized they just have similar features...a busted &%# face.

edit on 22-11-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: language

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

When you have no core morals, only a political agenda, these type of contradictory things happen. Person A does something, it is ok because I think she is great, Person B does the same thing and we must cancel them because I dislike them. That is the state of reporting today, from the vaunted NYT.

edit on pm1111201919America/Chicago22p12pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Mach2

SMH

while it may not quite be Woodward and Bernstien type material, it's factual, and makes the writer look like an idiot. which I believe was the intent.

I was referring to the writer, not the OP.

I find it ridiculous that someone can actually make a living with such unimportant drivel.

As I wasn't specific enough with my comment, in hindsight, I can see how it was misinterpreted.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Vanessa's comments show that the powers that be, including NYT, are scared silly of Tulsi Gabbard.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Bloody racist if you ask me....wearing all white. Did it have a hood attsched? Shoulda wore black...so then it would have been cultural appropriation. Or red...piss of the native americans. Or hell...go nekkid and piss.off the naturaralists.

I think humanity was not ready for social media yet. No wonder the aliens aint showed themselves yet. SM was a test...and we aint passed!

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
Vanessa's comments show that the powers that be, including NYT, are scared silly of Tulsi Gabbard.

Why would you say "scared"?

Her positions don't really align completely with either party, and in today's agenda driven political climate, that is very limiting.

Though I disagree with many of her views, I respect the fact that she stands by her convictions.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I say 'scared' because they have been forced to contradict the earlier statements of Vanessa as to the significance of a woman wearing white clothes.

If they didn't fear Tulsi and what she represents, they would have said nothing.

If they had been honest, they would have realized that a woman wearing white clothes means nothing at all, or whatever fantastic interpretation one chooses.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I think her positions match the rest of the Democrats, except foreign policy.

On The Issues

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I love how she manages to twist "nuclear codes" into a fashion statement. Coz that's what really matters to these people.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Really? Fashion writers? Or gossip columnists? Political fashion statements - with analysis.....
Puh.L..E..E..Z..Eee

It's not like that genre is playing with a completely functional intellectual engine, nor are their readers.

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join