It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover potential cure for alcoholism in the brain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: one4all
I stopped cold turkey using parasitic relief methods as the only support

Care to share?

Sounds like masturbating worms as a hobby instead of drinking beer.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

A case per week... ya lightweight

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
I stopped cold turkey using parasitic relief methods as the only support

Care to share?

My earlier post outlines the process as it works in your brain...you simply replace alcohol with a stronger anti-parasitic of which there are only a few because Alcohol is so effective....MJ used in non-combustive forms happens to be one if it is legal in your neck of the woods....if not the Hulda Clark protocal will work dandy as candy.....remember you are simply retraining your brain there is no secret majic to it....so be patient and give it a week to kick in....set constant and consistant times spaced widely apart so your body can develop a growing affinity to its new best friend.....in extremely short order your brain will forget about the booze and only remember its new stronger friend.Just a week or two to mbed the message and then consistant applications of dewormer that doesn't come with the name Alcohol.

Remember an alcoholic has actually trained their body to utilise one of the worlds most effective anti-parasitics…..its just that the message to stop after a single drink when the bugs are dead gets lost in the translation.

Overdrinking is not a poor personal decision or a poor moral choice....lol...nope we are tricked plain and simple....some really smart Anti-humanitarian Terrorists thought it would be a good idea to screw us all over and make Trillions doing it by taking advantage of and harnessing a simple Natural fact that they have intentionally suppressed from all of is in terms of complete knowledge.

I have experienced a 100% success rate amongst Friends and Family who have used this method. Five People have corrected their brains receptors and have stopped Alcohol use cold turkey.None including myself have returned to drinking and that's Six people in total.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
That's disturbing, what other behaviors can be affected by "light" on the brain? What sort of delivery system is needed? Say a bright Screen held 12-18inches from ones face?
Yikes.
a reply to: trollz

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I got so drunk one night i woke up next to a girl who looked like a cabbage patch doll.

Alcoholism cured instantly.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
After years of self-reflection, I really don't think I meet the criteria for alcoholism. Among other things, my tolerance remains ridiculously low. I get drunk (and hung) very easily. I enjoy the buzz but (for many years) realize when it starts to get beyond that.

In spite of the occasional hangover, it doesn't seem to interfere with my personal or professional life. But, in spite of the occasional hangover, I like bourbon in the evening and beer during the day on weekends.

I know alcoholics, recovering and otherwise. It's not the same thing at all.

edit on 11/24/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I tend to define it as someone who can't stop even if they wanted to.

I went through a tough stage in my early 20's when i was a single parent and turned to booze once my lad was asleep to deal with the stress i was under. Like yourself it never really effected my ability to get up and go to work as i've always been strong willed with things like that.

However as i got older the hangovers became worse and i decided to just stop, i had no real addiction as now i only drink once a week on a Friday night and i feel that's enough.

I have a cousin who drinks a bottle of wine and four beers every night, his liver and stomach are destroyed with it and no matter what he tries to give up he always ends up back on the bottle.

Clearly some people are more susceptible to forming these habits than others. I only hope those who need it can find a cure.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Habits are different from addictions. And I'm not sure if alcholism qualifies as an addiction because not everyone seems to be subject to it. But other than that, I concur.

I am a confirmed caffeine addict. When the SHTF and coffee is not available, I'm going to suffer.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Agreed. Even if it helps only one.

Many thanks to your reply.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Indeed, however addictions usually start in the form of habits. I guess the key is spotting the trend before it turns into full blown addiction.

Although i have heard of people becoming addicted to substances on their first try.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Although i have heard of people becoming addicted to substances on their first try.

Matter of definition I suppose. It doesn't really take a habit to become addicted to heroin. The body adapts to, and requires it, quite rapidly.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I guess, however i've been administered morphine for pain over the course of 3 weeks and never had any cravings or need upon leaving hospital. I think a lot of it has to do with lifestyle and quality of life coupled with the drug. If you're unhappy, depressed and around your vices there's less chance of resisting.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Morphine is not the same thing as heroin.

I was on Demerol for a week after abdominal surgery. Never seemed to get a recognizable buzz, maybe the anesthetic effect used that up. I sure knew when I needed another fix.

No physical withdrawal effects after that but several nights of very disturbing dreams. I don't know if it was related.

But Demerol is not the same thing as heroin. And alcoholism seems to be something else entirely.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Did you ever see the movie "The People vs Larry Flint"?

One of the scenes that stood out to me was the scene where Flint is seen after surgery undergone to get rid of the pain from an assassination attempt that left him paralyzed. Courtney Love's character starts offering him pills and he turns them down. She says she doesn't believe him. He answers that he was taking them for the pain and since he no longer felt pain he didn't need them.

On the alcoholism front, I have just read a book called "The end of my addiction" by Olivier Ameisen. In it he talks about his life and the increasing dependency on alcohol and how nothing seemed to keep him from relapsing until he found out about baclophen, a muscle relaxer used to treat muscle spasticity.

His theory is that anxiety is, in some cases, the real root of alcoholism.

Now, in regards to the story in the OP, if these bio-markers relate to anxiety disorders then there might be something there.

As for the advice about the anti-parasitic approach. I don't want to say there isn't something there but I'm inclined to think it might only work for a few. People are treated with valium and xanax to keep alcohol withdrawal symptoms controlled. These are not anti-parasitic.

Also, how would this response to a lack of an anti-parasitic medication cause delirium tremens and seizures?

The one thing that did pop into my mind is: What if an alcohol resistant parasite took hold and caused the craving? But, that is way out there.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Matter of definition I suppose. It doesn't really take a habit to become addicted to heroin. The body adapts to, and requires it, quite rapidly.

Whatever stimulates pleasure centers as in dopamine production is potentially addictive. Sugar does this so does long distance running. It is so MYSTERIOUS one has to question the point of experiencing Orgasm.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

That's a good point.
But is a heroin addict addicted to the endorphins or the heroin? Does a runner have to increase the distance in order to produce the same level of endorphins?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

That's a good point.
But is a heroin addict addicted to the endorphins or the heroin? Does a runner have to increase the distance in order to produce the same level of endorphins?

Is it the anticipation of the injection that becomes the high or mebe having to crawl 20 feet to the finish line that becomes the focus. I hear about a 'natural high' from runners whom admitted is true (is possible) one could look at ALL professional athletes as physical junkies.
edit on 24-11-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Is it the anticipation of the injection that becomes the high

No.
Fake junk doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Did you ever see the movie "The People vs Larry Flint"?

One of the scenes that stood out to me was the scene where Flint is seen after surgery undergone to get rid of the pain from an assassination attempt that left him paralyzed. Courtney Love's character starts offering him pills and he turns them down. She says she doesn't believe him. He answers that he was taking them for the pain and since he no longer felt pain he didn't need them.

On the alcoholism front, I have just read a book called "The end of my addiction" by Olivier Ameisen. In it he talks about his life and the increasing dependency on alcohol and how nothing seemed to keep him from relapsing until he found out about baclophen, a muscle relaxer used to treat muscle spasticity.

His theory is that anxiety is, in some cases, the real root of alcoholism.

Now, in regards to the story in the OP, if these bio-markers relate to anxiety disorders then there might be something there.

As for the advice about the anti-parasitic approach. I don't want to say there isn't something there but I'm inclined to think it might only work for a few. People are treated with valium and xanax to keep alcohol withdrawal symptoms controlled. These are not anti-parasitic.

Also, how would this response to a lack of an anti-parasitic medication cause delirium tremens and seizures?

The one thing that did pop into my mind is: What if an alcohol resistant parasite took hold and caused the craving? But, that is way out there.

Certain parasites will thrive in an alcoholics body...but a very few types can survive at all.....if you drink every day you are killing almost all adult and juvenile bugs in your stomach...and if you raise your blood alcohol level high enough you will do the same with bugs in your bloodstream....now this is why they say when alcoholics die of liver disease(flukes) that the autopsy many times shows unusually healthy organs everywhere except the heart and liver.....its because most types of parasites have been killed regularly......so imagine if suddenly your body that has been parasite free for 25 years suddenly has its forcefield dropped?.....parasitic infections go rampant and impact every level of the body and mind.....negative impacts you have escaped for many years all hit you at once....and quickly...and your body CRAVES MEDICAL HELP AND RELIEF....from...AN ANTI-PARASITIC...it doesn't have to be alcohol this time it can be a replacement and there are many food/plant based remedies...these are why you get negative reactions when you stop drinking cold turkey.....you ARE REALLY SUDDENLY GETTING MUCH SICKER and your body knows what it needs and ironically that is an anti-parasitic which alcohol is sooooo it screams for it....until you give it something different and non-damaging and more powerful....without immediate anti-parasitic support a cold turkey abstainer will with a 100% certainty get very very ill really quickly and long term in many cases.

The damage alcohol causes to organs if over used and the chemical components that it leaves when it breaks down provide sustenance to certain bugs....so any more than a shot or a drink a day is to much...unless you intentionally raise the blood level to treat a blood issue and even that is temporay and ultra-short term.

Valium and Xanax MASK symptoms....that's all they can do...and add more toxicity to your body so different bugs can get the chemical cocktails they need to thrive.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Is it the anticipation of the injection that becomes the high

No.

Explain the 'chasing of the dragon' if there is any context (the anticipation/the tools and readiness of).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join