It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A truely big man portable gun Snipex Trex 14.5×114

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It is quite a bit more expensive but Truvelo has a 5 round box fed rifle in this same caliber.

It is very nicely built but it is even larger overall than the Russian Snipex Trex.

I thought I would add for reference the 14.5MM next to the 338 Lapua.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Pfffft what, no thermite?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

They do build a 14.5mm round like that but the incendiary element is zirconium, not thermite.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As long this weapon is used for killing terrorists and criminals its all good..

But if you are going to kill a poor animal with this I curse you to the nine hells.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The weapon isn't easily purchased. You need to fill out paperwork and pay a $200 tax and then after you are approved you can actually buy the rifle.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The mission of this weapon is anti-light armor, and anti-material. Say a truckload of equipment or personnel that you want to not arrive at the engagement.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The weapon isn't easily purchased. You need to fill out paperwork and pay a $200 tax and then after you are approved you can actually buy the rifle.

Only in America.
Thank God.
What are you like?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is a .57 cal rifle and a permit from ATF is required for purchase.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

This thing is about 6 feet long so even with the shorter bullpup design it is still a pretty big weapon. With an effective combat range of 3,000M, it will truly reach out there.

"Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes! (Through a telescope.)"

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
For those that feel that they need something more powerful:

www.anzioironworks.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

The mission of this weapon is anti-light armor, and anti-material. Say a truckload of equipment or personnel that you want to not arrive at the engagement.

But what if someone uses it to knock over a fruit stand?
I mean that round will literally knock over a fruit stand. lol
edit on 22-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

It's a good thing they built a pinion into that thing. Even though they managed to get the recoil down on the 20mm it would still be a beast to carry. The will likely be mounted on scout vehicles.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Just so you know you're off by about 1500% on the ammunition cost per round even before the additional 4000% per round cost of each individual tax stamp over what you think it costs.

14.5x114 (as well as 12.7x108 Russian too) Do not have a sporting clauses waiver from ATF and thus each round is considered a destructive device which requires a $200 tax stamp for every single round.

Not only that but also in the US right now even 14.5 ball rounds appear to be going for between $50 & $80 each per live round.

www.gunbroker.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

I got the $10 number from the 416 Barrett file by accident. There is a range that lets you shoot these and they charge $10 per round during a training session at their range. They looked to me to be hand reloads. The primers and the powder charge were the only things new. The brass had been shot I imagine many times and their unjacketed ball ammo was poured on site I am sure. It represents the actual cost of shooting these for some big gun fun. Of course, the range also charged $65 per hour of training and required that you take 1 hour of that training learning the weapon. Sorry I did not make that clear I was processing a lot that night. I just like to study and shoot. I am not in the market for one of these.

I am saving up for one of those 416 Barrets I discussed in one of my other posts. www.abovetopsecret.com...

These heavy weapons are way out of my price range. The rifle in the OP is the lightest and shortest of the guns built for the 14.5x114 thus I thought it would make an interesting post for the Weaponry Forum.

edit on 11/25/2019 by machineintelligence because: entry error

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Side of a mountain.

Or the whole damned mountain.

That'd be an expensive hobby right thar... 10 bucks a round...?

Definitely would invest in reloading dies, and other assorted equipage.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That would depend very much upon the "poor animal"...and what it's doing.

Though, I doubt North America has anything large enough to require this big ol' shootin' iron. I've certainly never run across anything.
edit on 11/25/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was pointing out I got my wires crossed on that $10 number as it is the price per on the 416 Barrett. These are much higher than that for new stock. I was looking into some range time for one of these bigger guns and $10 each is what the range charges per training round when you pay for training. You can go out and fire one for an afternoon for a few hundred dollars. These rifles start out at about $5,000 each or higher.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yep, saw that. 5000 dollars for a rifle...not on my salary...

Someday...sigh. Just not today.

I shot a Barrett many moons ago, just after they came out--a friend with more money than sense bought one--and I think that bullet is still moving... Big ol' brute of a rifle.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I think that is why this company called it the T-Rex as that would be the rifle to take down one of those.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Apt name. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one!! But, that price tag is, shall we say, prohibitive.

Some smart person should come up with a way to build one a tad bit cheaper--say 1200 dollars or so--that's much closer to my budget.

<< 1    3 >>

join