It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream News Media Promoting Draq Queen Children/Boys is Child Exploitation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

The problem is that drag queens, while characters, are adult characters and part of adult entertainment not meant to be aimed at kids. It would be equally inappropriate to have Deadpool come read a story while thoroughly in character. Even though he's tecvhnically a superhero, he's not kud friendly, nor was he ever meant to be. If the person portraying Deadpool is doing it right he'd be every bit as offensive as a drag queen, honestly so a well-played Eric Cartman and he's a cartoon character to begin with.

No, that’s the problem as you’re defining it. Drag queens are mainstreamed now, RuPaul’s drag race and all?

Let me give you an alternate scenario. Many drag performers are caught up in the club lifestyle and atmosphere. Most drag performers truly love what they do ... it’s not for sexual satisfaction (that would be transvestites) nor for most is it a matter of gender identity ... it’s a matter of doing something that is artistic, requires talent, and is fun.

Most of the time, these performers have very limited venues. Is it totally out of the realm of conception to you that these folks actually want to give something back to society by encouraging reading as well as acceptance of differences between people.

It’s not a sexualized performance. It’s supposed to be fun. If folks are so worried about kids, they’d be better served to attend to religious activities ... as there is a very high incidence of child abuse within the churches, and within the extended family units themselves.

Far more dangerous than a drag queen reading a story in a public place under close scrutiny, wouldn’t you say?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: reddogbom

I kind edited out that part.

I really don't know about the racial percentages, other than what I have seen myself, they span all races.

While on twitter i had being following one crazy twitter page which features a classroom. So i was citing my opinion based on what i saw it was weird.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: tanstaafl

Its a #ing costume dude!!!

These are #ing children, dude.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you think the state should determine what a child should be exposed to instead of the parents?

Does the State allow small children to engage in sex acts with adults?

Does the State allow children to drink alcohol?

Does the State allow children to be home-schooled by parents without massively invasive rules being applied?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

No. Of course not.

But we’re so busy ceding our rights as parents that we’ll look back one day and wonder where all our rights have gone to.
edit on 25-11-2019 by DBCowboy because: Beer

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Again your comparing playing make believe to something else. Apple's and oranges.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
But we’re so busy ceding our rights as parents that we’ll look back one day and wonder where all our rights have gone to.

On that we agree wholeheartedly.
Personally, I don't believe the State should ever, under any circumstances, be empowered to take children from their parents.

But they should have the power to prosecute child abuse, and in any case where both parents are sent to prison, children should go to next of kin, or to some kind of charitable organization that takes in orphans (or children with no available family to care for them). But never, ever, the State.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Again your comparing playing make believe to something else. Apple's and oranges.

No, you are minimizing the damage done to young, impressionable minds by insane adults.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Like teaching creationism?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Like teaching creationism?

Not even remotely close. Teaching Creationism doesn't cause permanent and irreparable damage to a child.

Lots of children who grow up being taught Creationism change their mind about it later in life.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: turbonium1

You’ve never been to a Pride parade, have you?

Nothing to do with attracting kids.

From Seattle...

If you plan to head home directly after the parade, Westlake Park is a great place to watch. There's easy access to portable toilets, Starbucks, food vendors and even an outdoor play area if your kids get bored and need a break. You can also purchase Pride-themed beads, balloons, flags and other trinkets near Westlake Park or from vendors along the parade route. Bring some cash for the vendors, and keep in mind that many of the parade participants will be throwing things like beads and sunglasses into the crowd so you might want to purchase other items instead.

And, as with any other activity with kids, bring all the snacks. A blanket or camping chair to sit on is helpful for young kids, as well as a bag in which to stash all the goodies they catch.

If your kids are young, they probably won't have many questions about the deeper meaning behind the event (although they're probably guaranteed to at least ask about why so many people are naked!).

www.parentmap.com...

From Toronto...

Family Pride a big part of Toronto's first-ever Pride Month

Toronto’s first-ever Pride Month this June is a jam-packed affair — there’s the Dyke March, a rainbow flag-raising at city hall, a show tunes karaoke night and dozens more events — and it all culminates with the always-massive, watergun-soaked Pride Parade on July 3.

Amid all the parties and parades, there’s another big element: Family Pride.

From a TIFF Family Pride screening to the first-annual Family Pride Day at Centreville, various events are offering families and kids the chance to be part of this month-long celebration of diversity in sexual orientation and gender identity and expression, which marks the 35th anniversary of the city’s first Pride March.

“We heard that, for queer families, it’s really, really hard to find a place where they feel comfortable, where they can be themselves,” says Mathieu Chantelois, Pride Toronto executive director. There is still a lot of judgment floating around, he adds, so having a safe space for families is essential.

“It’s a place where LGBT families can celebrate who they are,” echoes Sallyanne Hadzalic, one of Pride Toronto’s Family Pride team leads. “My daughter comes (to Pride events) every year — she’s 6 — and she loves to just help out and have a safe space that celebrates diversity.”

All kinds of families are welcome to the Pride Month events, Chantelois stresses. “They just have to leave the judgment at home.”

Family Pride Day at Centreville

The first annual Family Pride Day is happening at Centreville Theme Park — home to an antique carousel and rollercoaster — on Centre Island.

Family Pride

This family-friendly Pride celebration in the Village features sports, games, crafts, face painting, storytelling and live performances — all geared toward kids up to age 12.

www.thestar.com...

I could cite countless other cities, and towns, which all hold 'family-friendly', and 'kid-friendly' pride parades, and pride events, many which have become MONTH-LONG pride celebrations!

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Oh my god? Month long? I highly doubt that. Maybe weekend and week long depending on the size of the city. And so it should be. These people were put in prison for their sexual preference 40 years ago. They have every reason to celebrate. I have friends and immediate family who are part of that community! # religion and it's demonizing of people who love someone they don't approve of.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Oh my god? Month long? I highly doubt that. Maybe weekend and week long depending on the size of the city. And so it should be. These people were put in prison for their sexual preference 40 years ago. They have every reason to celebrate. I have friends and immediate family who are part of that community! # religion and it's demonizing of people who love someone they don't approve of.

Toronto has pride month, as we see from the article, yes?

If they want to celebrate being gay, go ahead and celebrate it, but having parades about it, no way.

Celebrating sexual attraction in parades is wrong, whether heterosexual, or homosexual displays. I find it distasteful to display sexual antics to everyone, worst of all, to little children. It's quite perverse, in fact.

It wasn't right to throw gays into jail, or harm them, but parading yourself in leather thongs is not the right thing, either.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join