It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock movie review.... 2 minute movie review 31

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How is it a 2 minute movie review....because I watched only 2 minutes of it(in the middle of turning it on on a pluto channel).

I turned on pluto to fill a few moment before going to bed, and this was what was on. I was blasted with ridiculous "horror" visuals that seemed to be both "horrific" yet totally contrived all at the same time.

So I hit the info button and saw, what to me, is the most contrived sentence I've always seen in my 30 years of watching horror movies(A's, B's, exploitations, and the darkests depths of horror)....."from the "visionary" mind of rob zombie".

I'm sorry, but this guy is pure self indulgent, shallow, repetitive "visionary" nonsense. The absolute biggest "pretender" in all the game. Way worse than that "failing upward" hack that is M night.

I can honestly never, for the life of me, understand for a moment how he got a "foothold" in the horror genre. It's grade school horror nonsense and I'm embarrassed for him anytime I have the misfortune of being exposed to even a sliver of his "visionary mind". He positions his name among the greats of horror, only to(in my mind) drag down their brilliance by attempting to associate himself with them.
edit on 21-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Is this the movie your talking about?

If so... it reminds me of this one a bit with the language...

I say a reminds me a bit (a teeny-tiny sniff of a bit)... meaning if one was to eat their own face after overdosing on a bag of toxic glue covered catsh*t rubbed in elephant semen after consuming 15 bottles of whiskey (minimum) it might be a little bit similar

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm going to post all your threads on MovieChat.org (what IMBD forums used to be) and see what that fine folk in reality say.. they hate my reviews there. But then I thought The Joker was rubbish. I've since learned it had great cinamatographical value... or something. idk I don't real the replies.. I just tell them what they should think and then hate seeing emails saying I have replies.. as should we all. replies are always terrible.

No, I'm not.. but it'd be kinder.. remember, if you saturate yourself, you cannot distinguish the flavour.

edit on 22-11-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

31 was horrible.

On Halloween, this year the wife and I watched the new Rob Zombie movie - 3 from Hell.
It's supposed to be the final installment in the "House of 1000 corpses" trilogy.

We got about 1/2 way through and turned it off because of how utterly stupid it was.
House of 1000 corpses had a Texas chainsaw massacre feel to it.

This movie was pure trash.
I would rather have a homeless man throw a pail of hot diarrhea in my face, then ever be forced to watch it.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Rob Zombie haters are definitely in the minority.

I think you need to be an actual horror fan to appreciate his stuff.

Not for everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I see the lovely Sherri Moon is in this one too. Girl can party.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You should know what you're getting into with a Zombie flick.
People seem to either love 'em or hate.
I enjoyed '31.'
It was raunchy and raw. About what I was expecting.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I been following Rob since I was listening to White zombie as a kid. I accepted his break I to movies with glee, and have been highly satisfied since.

Just the trailer posted in reply has got me interested now. I think Rob should find a way to get in on the Purge franchise. I feel he could do wonders in that universe.
Or perhaps a true dread fest could come from him teaming up with Eli Roth. I can only imagine what diabolical stories they could conjure up together.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I see the lovely Sherri Moon is in this one too. Girl can party.

Isn't she in every rob zombie film?

Just like it's always "crazy cracked out homicidal rednecks", with the same music and the same sets and the same color palette...etc.

He's a visionary.......

Now, I'll give him some credit, lots of tits and sherri isn't bad looking, but then again, She's just a middle aged woman who is thin, has nice boobs and her impact into the wall was pretty forgiving.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I been following Rob since I was listening to White zombie as a kid. I accepted his break I to movies with glee, and have been highly satisfied since.

Just the trailer posted in reply has got me interested now. I think Rob should find a way to get in on the Purge franchise. I feel he could do wonders in that universe.
Or perhaps a true dread fest could come from him teaming up with Eli Roth. I can only imagine what diabolical stories they could conjure up together.

And that's fine and honestly I think that's the core of his audience. If that works, and it keeps him in positive cash flow and they are happy, I guess that's fine. But I'm sure his "success" in horror films would equal his success in anything else(cooking shows) as far as RZ fans go.

As for the horror genre, if not a RZ fan, it's some pretty average stuff(at best).

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I personally LOVE Rob Zombie's film style, and I've seen all of his movies multiple times! They remind me of the drive-in double and triple features of my youth, pure and cheesy exploitation of violence and senseless horror just for the fun of it all! His movies bring back the excitement of loading up in the back seat of my parents car in my slippers and pajamas, armed with my favorite blanket and pillow. I can still smell the mosquito coil burning on the front dash and remember the wonder of guessing whether or not that huge metal speaker would break the door window with it's weight each time we went. Watching my parents pass the leather Bota Bag filled with wine back and forth (and a joint as well) as I munched on popcorn and sipped orange soda. Getting so scared I was afraid to make the walk to the restroom alone so I waited until mom had to go. After the 2 or 3 movies we would drive around to the opposite screen for a different double or triple feature. Good times!

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I personally LOVE Rob Zombie's film style, and I've seen all of his movies multiple times! They remind me of the drive-in double and triple features of my youth, pure and cheesy exploitation of violence and senseless horror just for the fun of it all! His movies bring back the excitement of loading up in the back seat of my parents car in my slippers and pajamas, armed with my favorite blanket and pillow. I can still smell the mosquito coil burning on the front dash and remember the wonder of guessing whether or not that huge metal speaker would break the door window with it's weight each time we went. Watching my parents pass the leather Bota Bag filled with wine back and forth (and a joint as well) as I munched on popcorn and sipped orange soda. Getting so scared I was afraid to make the walk to the restroom alone so I waited until mom had to go. After the 2 or 3 movies we would drive around to the opposite screen for a different double or triple feature. Good times!

My beautiful , strange wife. I love her more ever day, even though I sometimes worry I will wake up one day in a surrealistic Rob Zombie like bloody murder scene.

Love you baby !

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

My beautiful , strange wife. I love her more ever day, even though I sometimes worry I will wake up one day in a surrealistic Rob Zombie like bloody murder scene.

Love you baby !

Get a room!

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

originally posted by: Groot

Love you baby !

Get a room!

Sorry man, she got a new avatar and it kind of got me , like, all worked up and all.

LOL !

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Isn't she in every rob zombie film?

Yeah, it's his wife after all.

new topics

top topics

join