It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile in the real world...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OzBoomer77

don't use the typical tactic of deflection of the question and ask me a question.

And don't you go throwing partisan mud where it don't stick. Your question was asking for specifics on an unspecified situation.

you know the exact point I was making. you are saying why not demand they pass a proper budget of the Dems when Republicans had 2 years of being able to do so. Did you once say in that time, oh that's a pi55 poor effort that they can't get that done on their behalf. Or did you just go along for the ride of Tax cuts are great??

Yes, I did call them out... all of the House. We need a budget every year, regardless of which party is in power. I will say that at least then there were actual proposals... the House didn't even take up the budget this time until hours before a shutdown. Now, let me ask you, O unquestionable one, were you screaming to high heaven when Congress was trying to blame the President for a shutdown? If you screamed then and don't scream now, you've got a lot of gall calling ME out for partisanship!

You seem to think that it is only OK to call out one group when they mess up. As long as it is your 'team' doing the messing up, it's OK, right? Sorry, redneck don't play that game.

As for being for tax cuts, yes, I am! If you want to give more of your money to the government, just cut them a damn check and keep your hands out of my pockets. The tax cuts have caused more people to be employed than ever in recent memory... we literally have more jobs available now than we have workers to fill them and wages are starting to rise without job-killing minimum wage hikes. In what universe is that a bad thing?

Oh, yeah, the universe where having a (D) next to your name makes you above the law and unquestionable...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I love how you pull stuff out of my replies that aren't even there. you start throwing mud from things that aren't even said and I am not just talking about me, I have read all of your comments in this thread and you have done it a couple of times.

the only one thing I agree with you on is that politicians in general don't do anywhere near enough for the money they are paid. I think it's very hypocritical for you to call someone out on the constitution, yet call for the removal of the house. Like you said you can't just pick and choose what you want.

Tax cuts are just a vote grab using blood money. that cut money have to come from somewhere and it wasn't the military. Job killing minimum wage rise lol, maybe you should check out other countries In the world that do just fine with a much higher minimum wage than 7 dollars an hour. Have you ever thought about why the US has such a low minimum wage??

you can't be serious about the (D) comment, katie Hill resigned because she was called out for being gay, yet Jim Jordan still sits on his high horse while he used to protected a pedo........

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OzBoomer77

I love how you pull stuff out of my replies that aren't even there. you start throwing mud from things that aren't even said and I am not just talking about me, I have read all of your comments in this thread and you have done it a couple of times.

I give as good as I get. That's why I put this thread in the Political Mud Pit; I knew some people were going to come in slinging mud and I prefer to simply return fire rather than Staff have to get involved. So if you're upset that mud got thrown in your direction, may I remind you what SkepticOverlord had to say about this forum? Paraphrased, don't come crying because someone slung mud back at you after you started the mud throwing.

So, don't throw no mud, won't be no mud thrown.

the only one thing I agree with you on is that politicians in general don't do anywhere near enough for the money they are paid. I think it's very hypocritical for you to call someone out on the constitution, yet call for the removal of the house. Like you said you can't just pick and choose what you want.

Well, that's something I guess.

As far as being hypocritical, you might notice that i acknowledged that one cannot simply 'pick and choose' what parts to observe. I specifically mentioned that abolishing the House would require a Constitutional Convention... which is Constitutional by the way... maybe you should read Article V?

Tax cuts are just a vote grab using blood money. that cut money have to come from somewhere and it wasn't the military. Job killing minimum wage rise lol, maybe you should check out other countries In the world that do just fine with a much higher minimum wage than 7 dollars an hour. Have you ever thought about why the US has such a low minimum wage??

Then by that reasoning, why not raise the tax rates? Let's just tax everyone 100% and be done with it.

We don't because no one would work. People would just stay home, because the other part of that equation is that no one would get take-home pay and so everything would have to be provided by the government. In short, communism is 100% taxation.

If the tax rate were zero, there would be no regulation on the economy and people could open businesses any time they wished. The down side of that (pure capitalism) is that there would be no authority to control how people are treated because the government would have no one working for it... it couldn't pay for anyone to work. There would really be no government.

I happen to believe a strong economy is more important that a powerful government. I am able to take care of myself, thank you very much. I don't need some bureaucrat in Washington DC deciding for me what car to drive, where to work, how much to get paid, what to eat, where to live, what to think, etc., etc., etc. With a strong economy people have the independence to provide what they need for themselves without listening to bureaucrats.

Lower taxes mean more money in the economy; higher taxes mean more money in the government.

As for the other countries, you might want to take another look. Right now the US has the most vibrant, growing economy on the planet. Those other countries are struggling.

you can't be serious about the (D) comment, katie Hill resigned because she was called out for being gay, yet Jim Jordan still sits on his high horse while he used to protected a pedo........

The Katie Hill story was a non-issue for me. I don't care if she got frisky with a staffer (as long as it was consensual, which it seems to be), and I certainly don't care if she took naked pics. I saw them... looked them up... nothing to write home about. I can rattle off a dozen web addresses where I can see more skin and more 'action' with frankly hotter women, without needing a search engine. I don't care about her sexuality; I care about her policies... which, except for her farewell address, I admit I knew little of. That address didn't impress me, but then again she was pretty upset.

Not heard about Jim Jordan.

TheRedneck

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join