It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile in the real world...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
While the media has been fixated on the impeachment inquiry... aka the hoax being perpetrated by Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, and a host of similarly clueless imbeciles in the US House pretending to be legislators, this has been going on:

CBS News

What is in that link, you ask? Oh, nothing much... just the story about how the House can't seem to pass a budget... you know, their job? As in, the reason their position exists and the reason they are in Washington DC in the first damn place?

It seems that when last year's budget expired at the end of September, the "Master Legislator" named Pelosi was too busy trying to figure out how to twist a request for cleaning up corruption in Ukraine... something that has been written into the foreign aid budget by Congress already... into some kind of evil scheme to abuse power and destroy the country, to actually do the one job specifically assigned to the US House by the Constitution. Instead, the House passed a Continuing Resolution, which is a temporary budget designed to keep the government operating while a full budget is ironed out.

Only one wasn't ironed out. That Continuing Resolution expired at midnight tonight. So, apparently since Trump has not yet been removed from office, the US House simply passed another Continuing Resolution until December 20... I suppose no one thought about that being 5 days before Christmas? So when are they going to pass an actual budget?

And even worse, as I watched a few minutes of the Shiff Comedy Show this morning, the headline proudly proclaimed that the House Intelligence Committee was on break to take a vote in the House. Oh, this is rich... they took a break from their break to make a half-assed stab at getting by without doing their job.

Meanwhile, they are apparently able to try and shovel off gun control, Global Warming initiatives, and a host of other far-left, cockamamie hare-brained ideas that cannot exist in reality to a Senate that is on record as saying they refuse to even bring this kind of fantasy up for a vote. Yeah, they can do that, they can hold hearings day after day after day listening to people who have zero direct knowledge of a crime that never happened, but ask them to actually pass a budget? Nope, just kick that can down the road... it's not important.

And all this is happening about one short year after these same people tried to weasel out of passing a budget in order to blame the resulting government shutdown on the President. Right. What did Trump do to shut the government down this time? Fail to empty Pelosi's liquor cabinet in time? Maybe convince Shiff to lay off his delirium meds (Lord knows, someone got him off them)?

If it is this hard for the House to pass a budget under Democratic leadership, why do we need a House at all? I am ready to say let's just call for a Constitutional Convention and dissolve the House of Representatives. The Senate can take over their role on financial bills. Just send Pelosi, Shiff, and the rest of them home... let them get a real job somewhere... maybe they can apply for the FBI, since their life's goal is to investigate instead of legislate.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Remove their benefits too.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hey, I like this. Something we can actually agree on. Unless congress passes the weed legalization through now and the senate blocks it. Then I’ll say keep the house and dissolve the senate.

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I can’t name one thing that The House has accomplished in the last two years except vote themselves a pay raise. They have completely abandoned the American people and their constituency.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It fricking disgusting, and absolutely representative of the people who elected them. Meanwhile, The POTUS does more in ONE day then they've done in YEARS. It makes me want to throw up when I see these people crapping on the President while their precious hacks ruin our country.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So democrats arent liking what they are getting from the impeachment inquiry and are now threatening a gov shutdown? are they serious?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I hope the liberal voters are happy that they voted democrats and gave them the house majority, hopefully that would change by 2020. Democrats arent doing anything by policy agendas.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The problem Democrat leaders are facing are due to their self serving behavior. They do not serve Americas best interest, only their own, They stumble down a crooked path. Let them fail, and fall, as they will

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

No, they're not threatening anything... they're just not interested this time. Budget? Budget? Hey, we've got important things, like badger some washed-up ex-diplomat about how being fired hurt their feelings, to do! Don't bother us about a budget!

Yeah, this has me pretty riled up. How much of this nonsense are we going to take before people actually do something about it?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Awww. And we were doing so well. Can’t we just set aside the partisan crap and revel in our mutual disgust for all the politicians of both parties?? Can’t we just be united by this one thing, the absolute recognition that both groups of representatives are absolutely full of # and we need to get rid of them all?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Unless congress passes the weed legalization through now and the senate blocks it.

They failed at that back in 2009. Democrat held the house, the Senate, and the Presidency. They could have decriminalized marijuana at any time.

So why didn't they?

Because they were too lazy. Obama had to cover for Congress by not prosecuting (which is technically unconstitutional), so when he left after 8 years, nothing had been done and it was still illegal.

Why would you think they would do now what they refused to do then, when they held all the power?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Excellent post, as is your usual.

Cant help but laugh and shed just one single tear.

This is the reality of our govt

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have an idea. How about we take all the representatives. Each and every one. Subject them all to sodium Pentothal or whatever today’s best truth serum/ lie detector test is. And then batter them with a questionnaire. We can keep the honest ones, I don’t even care if they’re dumb as #, so long as they really believe they are doing the right thing and actually representing the American people.
All the liars and corrupt reps, taking pay for votes, didling kids, using govt for self enrichment, we toss them all in jail or execute them.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Hey, I like this. Something we can actually agree on. Unless congress passes the weed legalization through now and the senate blocks it. Then I’ll say keep the house and dissolve the senate.

I agree 100% this bill needs to become a law ASAP. But if collectively we had any smarts we would methodically vote every one of them out and start over. The system is full of too many back-channel dealings and lobbyist monies to be truly representative of the people's needs and requests. The weed bill will be held up by pharma, alcohol and private prisons lobbyists at the very least not because it's dangerous to the public but it's dangerous for their bottom lines and their share prices. Think its Tennesee where one senator has a huge chunk of stock in private prisons we got to end this kind of bias dealings.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Can’t we just set aside the partisan crap and revel in our mutual disgust for all the politicians of both parties??

No, because that's what got us into this mess. Credit where credit is due. When the Republicans mess up, I'm not blaming the Democrats, and when the Democrats mess up, I'm not blaming the Republicans. This ain't first grade where everyone gets punished for the actions of some.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Unless congress passes the weed legalization through now and the senate blocks it.

They failed at that back in 2009. Democrat held the house, the Senate, and the Presidency. They could have decriminalized marijuana at any time.

So why didn't they?

Because they were too lazy. Obama had to cover for Congress by not prosecuting (which is technically unconstitutional), so when he left after 8 years, nothing had been done and it was still illegal.

Why would you think they would do now what they refused to do then, when they held all the power?

TheRedneck

I don’t expect it to get passed. I hope it will. It’s less of a partisan issue now and tending much more mainstream, and has much more of the general public’s support, as well as bipartisan rep support. But there’s 2 up for vote now. One with a tax to repair damage done by the drug war and one without. I don’t care which gets passed, I just hope either does. But if not today.....tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

They can't even pass a budget! Why would you think they can pass something they never even talk about?

The Republicans will come closer to reforming drug laws than the Democrats ever will, and that's not an endorsement of the Republicans.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Fake... Hoax... Denial... Lulz...

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

CBS is Fake News?

Hmmm...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: chr0naut

CBS is Fake News?

Hmmm...

TheRedneck

CBS is propagandist. FoxNews is propagandist. The entire MSM is propagandist and partisan.

Today's news services have assumed that their consumers are idiots and therefore have to explain everything in very simplistic terms. Then little by little, 'commentary' overtook 'news' until now when there are three seconds of facts interspersed with 24x7 live commentary by photogenic talking heads and panels of carefully selected, paid, 'experts'.

Real news just reports truth without embellishment. There isn't much of that around these days.

We all know it.

edit on 21/11/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join