It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Official Under Criminal Investigation For Altering Document On Trump Advisor

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

There is also the fact that it was outed that the NSA was already spying on American citizens AND Merkels phone was tapped. Obama's administration had to issue a apology for it because they got caught. That was all based on Snowdens outing them.

And folks think they wouldn't do it to Trump.....cute.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Every other law enforcement agency in the country has to record interrogations, yet somehow it's okay that the FBI just lets agents take notes!?

I was blown away when this first came out a couple years ago and I still can't believe they're allowed to continue this practice.

Actually, that's not really accurate (although I get what you're driving at).

About half of the states and DC require full recording of all custodial interrogations (that's when your freedom is restricted, you're not free to leave and you've been Mirandized).

All federal law enforcement agencies (including the FBI) are also required to record all custodial interrogations.

There is no such requirement for non-custodial interrogations. Depending on the department or agency, they MAY record non-custodial interrogations - or "interviews" - but there is no real requirement, you're free to leave and Miranda is not required.

Now, a non-custodial interview can quickly turn into a custodial interrogation and it would then require all the elements of same.

So, it is my understanding that these 302s pertain to the non-custodial type of interview or interrogation and, as such, are used by the FBI to memorialize what basically happened in these interviews. Changing or falsifying these 302s is way shady, though, and makes one of the main reasons these notes or 302s are done by the agent at the time of the interview moot. Contemporaneous notes (the 302 in this case) tend to provide a level of trust in the info as well because it should be difficult to go back and add or subtract anything without leaving a trace.

Anyway, yes. Altering 302s is bad. Just wanted to add a little correction regarding the recording of interviews/interrogations.

edit on 22/11/19 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

There is also the fact that it was outed that the NSA was already spying on American citizens AND Merkels phone was tapped. Obama's administration had to issue a apology for it because they got caught. That was all based on Snowdens outing them.

Oh please. The American Surveillance State did not begin or end with Obama.

I know you know better.

It’s wrong when Obama did it, it’s wrong when Trump does it, it was wrong when Bush Bush Clinton Carter Ford Nixon Johnson Kennedy Eisenhower etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The reason I was vague about the crowd who is ignoring this is that I have had a post removed for saying "trump haters" before.

I think you can infer who I am referencing. Both on ats and else where there is a large group of people who dislike trump, touted the dossier, the investigations into trump and and and on, who now seemingly have no interest in this story.

regardless, my only point is the echo chamber is not the fault of the people who are here discussing it, its more on the people who arent here.

As far as it being one low level guy who will be scapegoated, as my posts show, thats what i fear, and honestly assume will happen. Heck take politics out of it; we here allegations of terrible deeds by fbi and intel people all the time, yet almost none of them every face real justice. I assume it will be similar here, and I will condemn trumps team if that is indeed what they allow to happen.

But I stand by my post, if one FBI agent fabricated evidence to spy on trumps team, given everything else i mentioned, this is the biggest political scandal of our countries history.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Oh please. The American Surveillance State did not begin or end with Obama.

I know you know better.

It’s wrong when Obama did it, it’s wrong when Trump does it, it was wrong when Bush Bush Clinton Carter Ford Nixon Johnson Kennedy Eisenhower etc.

I'm just pointing out who got caught....and Obama got caught....folks seem to forget this small nuance to the spying on Trump investigations.

Willful ignorance to actual facts is kind of sad. Folks can guess about the others all they want. This was the outgoing administration while Trump was campaigning. Trump certainly didn't have access to these resources prior to becoming POTUS, unless you think he somehow convinced our IC to help him I guess.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Right.

I understand some of the reasoning behind that, but on the other hand, why make the argument at all if you can’t call individuals out. Are you forbidden from naming external individuals who have made these claims? I don’t think so.

What i called “an echo chamber” is no one’s FAULT. It’s not an accusation as much as an observation.

Scapegoating implies that there are other larger issues (I know that you believe that) that will be covered up by this low-level flunkie’s smack on the wrist. I would believe it’s to provide a basis to capture media cycles for “criminal investigation into FISA abuse” and so forth.

You would have ZERO complaints from me about documenting abuses within the IC and the Surveillance State. My only issue comes in when we suggest that it’s “one side or the other” AND the talking points provided by Republican media are endlessly regurgitated.

That does nothing more than play into TPTB programming. In my opinion.
edit on 22-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Obama Administration hasn’t been “caught” in much of anything. I know that your favored media makes that argument, but, at the moment, it’s mostly circumstantial and pure hogwash.

I am not DEFENDING Obama. Yes, you bet your bippy they acted illegitimately.

DId they “spy on Trump” ... nah. They were covered on that one.

It’s the things that aren’t trumpeted across the media that worry me. This is just sauce for the goose. In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The Obama Administration hasn’t been “caught” in much of anything. I know that your favored media makes that argument, but, at the moment, it’s mostly circumstantial and pure hogwash.

I am not DEFENDING Obama. Yes, you bet your bippy they acted illegitimately.

DId they “spy on Trump” ... nah. They were covered on that one.

It’s the things that aren’t trumpeted across the media that worry me. This is just sauce for the goose. In my opinion.

Obama had to apologize to Merkel and Japan because of what came out. He absolutely was caught spying on other nations and the leader of a ally....that is insane!

Yet here folks are thinking Trump was some nefarious actor as a private citizen campaigning....talk about a conspiracy theory.

Snowden was the catalyst for Obama and the NSA being nailed for it....feel free to google it all. It actually happened....none of this he said she said BS....they did it.

Do you find it so hard to believe, based on the facts, that Obama did it to Trump as well?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If anyone is interested, I will be livestreaming about this story and its ramifications at 10am et.

I would love to have gryphon or anyone else join me for a different perspective.

edit on 22-11-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I'll probably be driving home so I'll watch on the ride if I can.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

My comment about Obama regarded the alleged Trump Tower crap. They were covered in that. I acknowledged surveillance in the US as a decades-long invasion of our privacy.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
And the fbi, even under Wray right now, has used this mantra of the fbi being beyond reproach to withhold documents from oversight asking for them

This has definitely been bothering me, but...

Isn't it possible that he has been refusing to disclose docs via FOIA because he is working with Durham on criminal investigations, and disclosing such information could compromise said investigations?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
With the exception of ONE leftist, this thread has been an incredible read.

It must be very telling when leftist won't touch this thread 6 pages on over the course of a whole day.

As for the implications, profound and if y'all read the source, ONE of many other angles being taken, so this is just a piece 😍

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: burntheships

OBAMA himself is going down. He authorized the illegal counter-intelligence investigation "Crossfire Hurricane", as it was officially named.

Cointel investigations have to be signed off by the President if an American citizen is involved.

Never thought the Patriot Act would be the thing that took these bastards down...

Karma, perhaps.

And the House just re-authorized the Patriot Act. Thank you, Nancy.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
CNN keeps modifying its "exclusive" story every few hours. Have now added that the "mistake" may not alter the basis on which the FISA applications were approved.

(Be Aware..CNN now has 76 tracking cookies and ads tied to this webpage.)
www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You seem to be overlooking several key aspects of
this story, as convoluted as CNN has tried make it.

The remaining facts are that someone within the
FBI materially altered with intention a document
pertaining to the one of the FISA applications used
in the Russia probe.

In your seemingly zealous whitewashing of the facts,
it stands out that nothing you have presented
refutes the central issue that this is indeed a
criminal matter. Even Preet Bahara from CNN,
a Trump fired former prosecutor said this is
as serious of a crime as it gets.

It does not take 1000 pages to say that
the FISA warrants were all legal but the
janitor forgot to mop the floor.

As you leave the echo chamber, I hope
you can get back quickly to your pit of sand
and get comfy once again in your safe space.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

There have been a few significant updates
to the story roll in overnight. Then like the
tide, they rolled back out. This reflects the
on the media, the train wreck that we so
often call "reporting" and "journalism".

Thank you for your efforts to expound
on these historic happenings, more power
to you Grambler. Without accountability
the media is nothing more than propaganda,
as we are seeing her by CNN and WAPO.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CNN keeps modifying its "exclusive" story every few hours. Have now added that the "mistake" may not alter the basis on which the FISA applications were approved.

(Be Aware..CNN now has 76 tracking cookies and ads tied to this webpage.)
www.cnn.com...

It seems that WaPo was trying to get in on the action,
they had a story up that implicated Peter Strzok.

Then after the story had been up for a few hours
they removed large portions of it, rather than
correcting the story. This seems to be the new
"alternative" way, just delete stories if they
get something wrong or the guilty party complains.

More about the story updates here:

Washington Post quietly changes story on altered Russia probe document

The Washington Post deleted a key detail from its reporting about the FBI lawyer accused of altering a document related to the surveillance of a former Trump campaign adviser, according to a new report.

The newspaper nixed a portion of its story that identified the lawyer as an FBI employee underneath Peter Strzok, the ousted FBI agent who worked on the feds’ investigation into Russian election meddling, Fox News reported.

The update was made just after midnight Friday without explanation.

The lawyer in question is accused of fudging the document related to the FBI’s Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court warrant application to surveil Carter Page in 2016.

nypost.com...

So at this point, we are back to looking
at the same players, Strzok, Lisa Page,
McCabe and altered 302's.

One article said an email was altered, then was added
to a 302 in an edit. This is some very serious Bandini.

edit on 22-11-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Washington Post originally reported that the lawyer worked for Peter Strzok,
former FBI agent that was disgraced over his dereliction of duty.
Lisa Page played a key role in the Russian "Hoax" investigation.

According to Fox News, the Post later dropped references to Strzok.

The Post, hours after publishing its story, conspicuously removed the portion of its reporting that the FBI employee involved was underneath Peter Strzok, the FBI's since-fired head of counterintelligence. The Post did not offer an explanation for the change, which occurred shortly after midnight.

Earlier this week, the DOJ highlighted a slew of anti-Trump text messages sent by Strzok when he was leading the Hillary Clinton email investigation and the probe into the Trump campaign. While the exact nature of the alteration isn't known, PJ Media reported earlier that U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara said, "If there was an FBI agent, who has sworn to uphold the Constitution, who can be proven to have altered a document in connection to a legal proceeding including the attaining of a FISA warrant, that's really serious. It doesn't get much more serious than that." pjmedia.com...

And in conjunction the DOJ IG has issued a report
that finds fault with the FBI oversight of human
confidential sources in relation to the FISA process.

Surpri sing No One The FBI's Watchdog Says The Agency Is Handling Its Informants Improperly

According to this report, the FBI's inability to properly track CHSs has led to a backlog of required "enhanced reviews" -- the validation process put in place to ensure proper handling of long-term informants. To make matters worse, the FBI unilaterally decided to remove "long-term" as a potential risk factor for CHSs, allowing these problematic informant-handler relationships to fly under the radar.

Is this in reference to Stephan Halper, or Joseph Mifsud?

edit on 22-11-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

The WaPo deleted the connection from their story though at midnight ... wonder why.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join