It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House and Senate Are Preparing for President Trump's Impeachment Trial.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Too bad that what trump did was so much worse than telling a lie about having sex.
So much worse than Nixon and he was forced to resign.
I am so glad you have such confidence in this process because when the funds stop coming because a senator supports trump they will start playing a different tune.

Anyone that actually watched the hearings and read the transcipt knows better.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Nancy Pelosi may hold an impeachment vote and NOT send it to the Senate, if one of the articles passes. She's toying with that idea.

Mr. Trump will have to seek re-election as an "Impeached" President.

Democrats will use that in their election/re-election ads.

Then the Senate should hold the trial of Adam Schiff.

edit on 22-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ok. But the House would have to vote to impeach him first.

Do you really not understand what the Constitution says?

edit on 11/23/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nope.

They don't.

The Senate runs their own show and can call any witness.

Including Schiff, and if anyone doesn't understand that GD piece of paper it's Schiff.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Keep this in mind when the trial starts...

Frank comparison of LEFT (Liberals) vs RIGHT (Conservatives) Behavior and Civility.

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I wonder how many protesers will be bussed in for the Senate trials.

We should start check ads on craiglist right now.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah, that's all McConnell has to do. Then when no republican is ever elected again you will know why.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

If that's the defense, its over. Burisma, conspiracy. Steele dossier, not relevant. It played a small role if any.

The ones who are advancing Putin's propaganda are the commies.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

What do you think the senate has?
More secret evidence? Like IG reports?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The more that show up, and the rowdier they are, the better. With A.G. Barr firmly in control now, the threshold for arresting the trouble-makers will be much lower.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah it is relevant.

Because Trump specifically mentioned crowstrike.

That's the 2016 election.

What do you think the senate has?

3 years of Schiff making an ass out of him self and straight out lying.

Like 'parodys'.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The whistleblower can be called in to explain how, by his own admission, he had no knowledge of what Trump said.

and yet, the memo that trumps staff put out matched what the whistleblower said.
Gosh I do not see what the issue is when the information from the whistleblower and the memo of the call both say the same thing.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

There were republicans involved the whole way.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
For those interested in Parodys.

Schiff, Sept. 26: It reads like a classic organized crime shakedown. Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates. We’ve been very good to your country, very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what? I don’t see much reciprocity here. I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you though. And I’m going to say this only seven times so you better listen good. I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand. Lots of it. On this and on that. I’m going to put you in touch with people, not just any people, I am going to put you in touch with the attorney general of the United States, my Attorney General Bill Barr. He’s got the whole weight of the American law enforcement behind him. And I’m going to put you in touch with Rudy. You’re going to love him. Trust me. You know what I’m asking. And so I’m only going to say this a few more times. In a few more ways. And by the way, don’t call me again. I’ll call you when you’ve done what I asked.

This is in sum and character what the president was trying to communicate with the president of Ukraine. It would be funny if it wasn’t such a graphic betrayal of the president’s oath of office. But as it does represent a real betrayal, there’s nothing the president says here that is in America’s interest after all.

Of course witness testimoney bore nothing resembling this snip.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The Senate runs their own show and can call any witness.

That is not what you said. This is what you said:

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know what I said.

It has a double meaning.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So, you and others, who have been crying and scratching the the House’s impeachment is purely partisan, are happy for the Senate to act in a totally partisan manner?

Should they, you know, at least pretend to follow the Constitution?
Just fighting fire with Fire. And why not considering the circumstances?
edit on 24-11-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Monday December 2, 2019

President Trump wants to hurry up and be impeached by the House, so the U.S. Senate can then proceed to DESTROY the lying, deceitful, corrupt leaders, within the Democrat party.

Late Sunday evening, the White House said it will NOT work with, or cooperate with, the House Judiciary Committee in any way, shape, or form, when chairman Jerry Nadler takes over the Trump Impeachment circus, this coming Wednesday.

Source: www.breitbart.com...

Run of the mill and old-school politicians see impeachment as akin to being nuked. Thankfully, businessman Trump cares very little about government "punishments". If being impeached opens another avenue for draining the damn swamp, so be it!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Scratch 2 potential witnesses...

Joe Biden said today that HE IS NOT testifying at the Senate Impeachment Trial.

abcnews.go.com...

If Joe will not appear, it's doubtful that his son and co-partner in crime, Hunter Biden, will testify either.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Another meeting between the White House and Senators was held today. President Trump is EAGER to get this show on the road, if the House sends over impeachment articles.

www.politico.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join