It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House and Senate Are Preparing for President Trump's Impeachment Trial.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thursday, November 21, 2019

NOT ONE of the Witnesses in the U.S. House Impeachment inquiry had first hand knowlege that President Trump initiated a Quid-Quo-Pro with Ukraine. (i.e. No Investigation of 2016 Election Meddling = No $$$ For You).

Bribery, Abuse of Power, and Obstrution of Justice didn't even come up.

Adam Schiff, the chairman of the House Intel Committee conducting the Impeachment proceeding, didn't even allow Republicans to call witnesses, or President Trump's attorneys to offer a defense.

Yet, amazingly, the White House and Senate began preparing today for the Democrat-led U.S. House of Representatives to vote to Impeach President Trump before Christmas, and then send the approved Impeachment Articles to the U.S. Senate...where a vote to Remove, or not Remove, President Trump from office will occur.

Top White House officials and Senate Republicans on Thursday agreed that a full trial should be conducted if the House impeaches President Donald Trump, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.

A group of Republican senators met Thursday morning with White House counsel Pat Cipollone, counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway, Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner and acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to discuss impeachment strategy.

Two attendees said that the White House wants the Senate to hold a trial of some length and not immediately dismiss any articles of impeachment with the GOP's majority, as some Republicans have suggested.

The White House and Trump's GOP allies decided instead “they want some kind of factual affirmative defense on the merits," said one attendee.
One attendee noted that the White House wants to show a commitment to due process, particularly since Republicans have criticized House Democrats for how they've conducted their impeachment proceedings.
More at: www.politico.com...

If the U.S. House Impeaches U.S. President Donald Trump, with no direct evidence of Impeachable Offenses, and most of Americans against him being Impeached, doesn't this mean the United States of America has lowered itself to the level of the old Soviet Union (USSR)? The U.S. Constitution allows Congress to lower our country to that level?!?!

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/21/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The Senate Trial will expose more Democrat corruption than most Democrats even know about.

The "Awe" will be jaw-dropping 😎 😎

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why so surprised? We all know that the Dems can't afford to back down now. The narrative was set in motion 3 years ago. No worries...the circus train will head to the Senate, where it will be derailed.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What trial?
Simple vote to dismiss is all that is needed.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Right now, the media is all in to get the President. It's miles from subtle.

My guess is the Republicans will use that to get a pile of sound bytes for 2020. Not just the Presidential race but seats up in the House and Senate. Heck, state races for that matter. If I was running the show, I would do it too.

Disclaimer, I did not vote for Trump but I really like the idea of evidence deciding guilt or innocence. Not apparatchiks hyperventilating in an attempt to make hearsay turn to fact.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This could be glorious if it is done correctly.

Can you imagine - bring in
Hillary for questioning
The Bidens
Schiff
The Whistleblower
Chualupa
Brennin
the Ohr's
Strock
Page
Andrew Winestein
Ukranian witnesses that talk about the election meddling
All the people who signed the FISA warrents
Christopher Steele
Haiti people familiar with the clinton foundations work there

and many many more.

If the democrats are smart they stop this impeachment now. But I think we all know they aren't so this could get real fun.

edit on 21-11-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
What trial?
Simple vote to dismiss is all that is needed.

That is the wrong move, and Trump knows it.

How else are you going to get Democrats to view the corruption of the Democrat party - they would not be able to look away from an Impeachment trial when they are so close to getting rid of the Orange man.

It's the perfect way to use the media against them.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The White House and Senate Are Preparing for President Trump's Impeachment Trial.

They need to hammer.

Hills comments about the Steele dossier. One of their star witness's.

Burisma.

The DNC/Clinton paying Steele for the dossier.

Because Trumps call referenced Crowdstrike. Based in the peoples Republic of California.

And this farce was led by Commies.

ALL directly relevant to the so called high crime and misdeamenor.
edit on 21-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

So, you and others, who have been crying and scratching the the House’s impeachment is purely partisan, are happy for the Senate to act in a totally partisan manner?

Should they, you know, at least pretend to follow the Constitution?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So, you and others, who have been crying and scratching the the House’s impeachment is purely partisan, are happy for the Senate to act in a totally partisan manner?

YES - the Democrats started it - you want to play with fire - you are going to get burned.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The only way to fight fire is with fire.

And the Senate has more fire.

All the house had was feelingz,assumption, and conjecture.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
People should watch the Senate trial themselves.

There's been an epic disconnect between what was said and what's been reported.

The headlines alone were complete bullsnip.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
When Joe Biden is subpoenaed they can place him in a witness chair that faces the back wall 😃

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They won’t impeach trump I don’t believe they want their seats magically in jeopardy the second it hits the senate floor and is destroyed on national television for a second time and if you add in the russiagate investigation dems will be 0 for 3 with trump investigations. Ultimately they don’t want this to progress because the FBI is looking for the whistleblower “many people believe the whistleblower information has be leaked and they know who it is”.

however,
how this investigation was handled makes me question if there was actually a whistleblower. You don’t build a case around a whistleblower pull in everyone involved and remove the source because you feel that makes your case. This schiff impeachment hearing is extremely strange it’s like they are hiding just how they got the information in the first place. I have been calling this for a long time ever since the news of the whistleblower started and that the dems received illegally stolen communications from the whitehouse. A news article just a few months before the whistleblower stated that an Israeli company had been targeting the whitehouse communications with cellphone towers. I believe the information was obtained from this Israeli company by people blackmailing schiff . However I believe bibi told trump about it and what was given to the dems and trump played the long con and acted like a fool to push schiff to make a move.

I believe schiff is actually under duress as well and someone is going to link him to Ed buck’s, Gay, homeless, meth deaths parties.I think Schiff was pushed into this and supplied the information by the same people. Dare I say gay mafia? I do. I believe all the politicians with children who worked in the Ukraine are in on this as well using schiff as a scapegoat. However the rest of the dems that are not high level don’t know about any of this and they will most likely vote against this impeachment proceeding further.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

how this investigation was handled makes me question if there was actually a whistleblower.

I don't think there was.

Between the rules, and Republicans not being able to call witness's.

The Schiff show was an entire lie.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

They should also bring in Vovan and Lexus, the guys who hoaxed Schiff about having naked photos of Trump during the 2016 election.

Schiff ate it up, and wanted to arrange to pick up the photos from these Russians...

It was sickening today to listen to Schiff's sanctimonious, and crocodile tear choke up, at the end of the so-called Impeachment Inquiry, saying "we're better than this!". Yeah, we are...but you're not Adam.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Yeah, we are...but you're not Adam.

Schiff and his party are a national embassment.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

The only way to fight fire is with fire.

And the Senate has more fire.

All the house had was feelingz,assumption, and conjecture.

The Dems are trying to impeach Trump based purely on unfounded rumors, and on the idea that anything Trump does it automatically illegal.

The whistleblower can be called in to explain how, by his own admission, he had no knowledge of what Trump said.

Graham has already subpoenaed Joe Biden's conversations with Ukraine. The ones where, by Biden's own admission, he strong-armed the Ukrainians into firing the prosecutor that was investigating Burisma. And we also know the Ukrainians are conducting a criminal investigation into Burisma, and that part of it is why Hunter Biden was on their payroll.

Also, in the name of defending himself, Trump can subpoena everyone related to Cowdstrike and the Steele Dossier.

Also, Adam Schiff can be subpoenaed to explain the witness coaching he's been constantly conducting, and he think he should be given a pass for this flagrantly illegal behavior.

So yes, let's hold a trial in the Senate.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I want to see criminal referrals come out of the Senate process.

With everything that's happened.

Schiff's party can be utterly destroyed as it should be.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Partisan would be where only one political side completely controls the process, the witnesses and the narrative.

You know... what's currently going on in the House.

No... let's let it go to the Senate, get full disclosure with an equal playing field.

And let the Democrats reap what they have sown.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join