It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zelenskys team admits Hunter biden and dems impeachment stopping them from investigating corruption

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Agreed

Which is why Bidens quid pro quo and forcing them to fire an prosecutor looking onto his sons company by threatening to withhold a billion US tax dollars in the form of a congressional approved loan needs to be investigated

Personally, I'd rather congress just make a sweeping bill to outline what can't be done in the capacity of foreign dealing with relations to matters like this. I know there are already some, but this type of nepotism is rampant in Washington.

I'm not defending Biden, and if he got the dem ticket, that's about the only way I see myself voting for Trump again as a protest vote... But if we're being honest, Trump doing something for political gain sets himself up to get the same type of criticism Biden is getting from the right (though I'll admit there is actually more action taken against Trump, but that's likely because he's in power now, where as Biden is retrospect).

The only way this pans out favorably for the right is if Ukraine does this on their own without the resources of the US. If any action is taken against Biden and Hunter (not solely by Ukraine, but with the assistance of the US), I would be willing the next course of action would to be going after Trump and Kushner for nepotism in relation to foreign dealings with Saudi Arabia and Qatar (as a dem tit for tat). And then we'll have another "witch hunt".
edit on 22-11-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I disagree.

Trump, as the chief executive charged with enforcing the laws in this country, has a duty to make sure a billion of our tax dollars arent being used in a corrupt fashion by a powerful leader of our country to have a prosecutor looking into his sons business to be fired.

If trump would use tax dollars to force a prosecutor looking into don jr.s company to be fired, I would demand an investigation into that as well.

Meanwhile, we had 3 dem senators request ukraine aid mueller in his investigation of trump: this would benefit them politically, yet no calls for impeachment.

We had Obamas admin work with foreign countries to investigate trump; this would benefit him politically, yet no calls for impeachment.

I have no problem with Presidents or senators etc asking foreign governments for cooperation into potential crimes even if it benefits them politically, as long as their is real evidence to suggest an investigation is warranted.

In this case with Biden, there definitely is.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Personally I think both sides are willing to point out the splinter in their opponents eye while ignoring the plank in their own.

While I'd love to look further into both sides, we as a country have a lot more important things to address than bogging our government down in a tit for tat we all won't go anywhere other than sound bites for 2020.

What Obama did was wrong, but let's be honest, Trump is using similar tactics. I'll admit there is hypocrisy on the left in not even acknowledging what his admin and justice department did was similar... But the same could be said right now. Of course both sides are going to say "well what they did is different", and maybe it is, but only barely.

Hunter got paid because of his last name and perceived or real access to the US from Ukraine. Kushner is in a similar position, except he can actually make impactful policy decisions in the Middle East. The only difference I see is Kushner is not getting a salary from a company of a foreign country, though it could be argued he might benefit from his personal business by certain policy decisions. This argument has been made by many.

If I could have my way, congress would just set very clear and strict laws going forward for how are elected, and non elected officials conduct themselves. While saying the past is the past isn't ideal, and I'd love to pin everyone... As I said before, I don't think this tit for tat will go anywhere, and we have pressing issues that need to be dealt with rather than having our institutions hijacked for political footballs.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I just think the "all sides do it" point is unwarranted here.

I outlined how dems asked for foriegn help to investigate trump, and how I didnt think that was a problem.

If all sides do it, where was the investigation into them? Where was tyhe non stop media bashing of them for it?

Every single time we show crimes or corrution the intel community or the dems do to trump, we are met with "well trumps a bad gu too so everyone is to blame"

No thats garbage.

When trump does something wrong, criticize him.

Him wanting to invets9gate Biden and 2016 ukrainian election interference is not one of those times.

As far as bigger issues in this country; as long as the intel community and deep state is allowed to take down opponents, no other issue matters, because we the people will only be able to vote for things the deep state approves of.

Look at the treatment of tuksi gabbard as more proof.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I'm not absolving anyone with "all sides do it". I said in an ideal world we could pin them all for it.

What I'm saying is congress should address it with a bill, be done with it, and going forward we hold those accountable. We all know deep down the tit for tat won't go anywhere. Trump isn't going to be impeached, and the Biden's won't get in any trouble, you can hold me to that statement.

I'd just rather our legislative governance produce beneficial results rather than play campaigning politics for 2020.

As it stands, the left only looks at Trump, and his interaction with Ukraine, and the right is only concerned with Biden's. Both were wrong. While I don't see how Trumps actions should constitute impeachment, the State Department or DOJ should have been quarterbacking investigations with another country, not the president. He should have also known this would have been seen as politically motivated, as it likely is. Are we to believe there aren't other democrats or republicans doing the same thing as Biden? The only reason this was an issue for Trump was not because of morality, but rather Biden was a perceived political opponent for 2020. What makes this so dumb on his part is Biden wouldn't have stood a chance, and he shot himself in the foot.

Biden on the other hand did something equally as stupid before he intended to run for president.

Here we are.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Again I disagree.

First, congress will never do anything because both sides are getting filthy rich with foriegn countries and aid, etc.

As far as Trump only doing this becuase Bide, again I disagree. Picture instead of Biden and his son it was Hillary clinoton as SOS doing this in ukraine to fire the prosecutor who was looking into chelseas company.

Do you really think trump would have said nothing because hillary is not running against him?

He didnt bring this up because it was Biden, he borught it up because it was the ukraine.

Any country that he felt interfered in the 2916 election to harm hi, he would have been similarly skeptical of.

Any country the past admin would have threatened withholding congressional approved aid to fire a prosecutor looking itno their familiy, he would have done this.

If this was just about winning in 2020, why wouldnt trump have waited until after biden won the nomination to request Ukraine help him with an investigation?

Again, I have no doubt Obama asking foreign countries for help to investigate trump was to help politically (notive there were no investigations until after trump was the candidate) but I thought Obama had that right (not the right to use unverified oppo research to spy on trump, but thats a different thread.

I had no problem with three dem senators asking ukraine for help to investigate trump which was clearly to help them politically.

You think these things are all problems, we just disagree.

Now there are things I call trump out for; bombing syria was egregious, deficit spending, and more

But i dont see anything he did wrong here, and Im glad to have a president willing to do what congress wont do, and investigate corruption of the establishment

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Well...

My prediction is it will all be moot.

Trump won't be impeached or removed, and Biden wasn't going to get the ticket anyways, but he certainly isn't now.

So in 2020, nothing will have changed and it will just be months or a year wasted.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sidebar: U.S. Senator Marsha Blackburn has nailed it.

"Super Patriot" Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman is a TRAITOR.

Source: twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join