It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bad John

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Did you ever hear the story of Big Bad John? He was 6'6 and 245, big in the shoulders, narrow in the hip, everybody knew you didn't give no lip to Big John. Nobody knew where John called home he just drifted into town one early morn and stayed all alone in his new home. He was quiet and shy, if he said anything it would just be hi.
Someone said he came from New Orleans where he got in a fight over a Cajun Queen and a crashing blow from his huge right hand sent a Lousianna man to the promised land. One day way down in the mine a timber cracked and all the men started cryin. The miners were prayin and their hearts beat fast and everyone thought they'd done breathed their last, except John.
Through the smoke and the dust of this man made hell walked a giant of a man the miners knew well, he grabbed the sagged timber and let out with a groan, and like a giant oak tree he stood all alone. With all his strength he gave a mighty shove and a miner hollard out theres a light up above, and 20 men scrambled from a would be grave, there was only one man left to save, Big Bad John,
With jacks and timbers they started back down, then they heard a rumbel way down in the ground, a smoking gasp came out of that mine, everybody knew it was the end of the line for Big John.
They never reopened that worthless pit, just put a marble slab in front of it with these few words, At the Bottom of This Mine is One Hell of a Man, Big John.

Don't worry, there is a sequel.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
very nice, this could be some good lyrics

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sounds like an old Jimmy Dean Song from the 60's

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The above writing is plageurized from the lyrics of Jimmy Dean's Big Bad John
www.lyricsdepot.com...