It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stepmom fighting sex offender status for being topless in her own home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
www.wesh.com... AQNXsV-Mq4ezz7AGN2I

A Utah woman charged with a crime after her stepchildren saw her topless in her own home is fighting the case that could force her to register as a sex offender, citing a court ruling that overturned a topless ban in Colorado.

This is stupid and a waste of time and money for everyone.
I'm convinced we have lost all common sense.

Here's the story:
This lady and her husband were working in the garage. It got dusty so both of them took their shirts off while working.
She didn't have a bra on. The stepchildren walked in. Stepmom doesn't have a problem with toplessness so she kept working.

The kids biological mom was concerned so she reported it, and now stepmom faces sex offender charges.

Having grown up in Europe this is one thing I have to say Americans are super weird about. They are just boobs, guy are allowed to show their
saggy boobs everywhere, so why aren't women? We really need to get over it as a culture.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like a petty jealous ex wife.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Sounds like a petty jealous ex wife.

More like vindictive than jealous IMO. And, I agree with JAG above, who cares, especially in your own home. Had she been tempting the children sexually in that state of undress, that is a different story and would IMO fit the charge. But just to be working in the garage as a normal homeowner?

Please....these things just need to

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

JAGStorm, PM for you.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
And when a new Mother is breast feeding in public, sh*t also hits the fan. I'll never get it. However, this was Utah, so there's that!

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Utah is one of those backwards states that makes it illegal for women to go topless.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Utah is one of those backwards states that makes it illegal for women to go topless.

Ok to have a child bride, and 16 wives and 96 children, but by God you better have those ta ta's covered up!

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

They can flash some ankle, but that's it.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Ok to have a child bride, and 16 wives and 96 children, but by God you better have those ta ta's covered up!

I like that they let you Romney your dog too. Oh, and it's 'U-ta-tas'.

Where's Sean Connery when you need him? "I'll take 'Le Tits Now' for $500."

edit on 21-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You never cease to make Me laugh lol!

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

This sort of thing gets on my tits.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I swear. The United States is so backwards. Tits might be nice to look at sometimes, but it's really not that big of a deal. It's not like she was being lewd to the minors or being sexual towards them.

Hell, growing up I saw more than my fair share of tits. Mom's, my sister's, a bunch of my cousins and aunts. I wasn't scarred by it and if anything it's given me the maturity to respect boobs instead of ogling every passing stranger's tits like a lot of grown children seem to be unable to refrain from.

They're just boobs. Get over it Utah. I think what happened in Colorado is a good thing for the most part. The rest of the country should follow suit in decriminalizing it .

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What a shame to distort and manipulate the spirit of the law.
This was and is not the intention of those that need to be "Registered as a sex offender".
So petty and sad.

www.wesh.com... AQNXsV-Mq4ezz7AGN2I

A Utah woman charged with a crime after her stepchildren saw her topless in her own home is fighting the case that could force her to register as a sex offender, citing a court ruling that overturned a topless ban in Colorado.

This is stupid and a waste of time and money for everyone.
I'm convinced we have lost all common sense.

Here's the story:
This lady and her husband were working in the garage. It got dusty so both of them took their shirts off while working.
She didn't have a bra on. The stepchildren walked in. Stepmom doesn't have a problem with toplessness so she kept working.

The kids biological mom was concerned so she reported it, and now stepmom faces sex offender charges.

Having grown up in Europe this is one thing I have to say Americans are super weird about. They are just boobs, guy are allowed to show their
saggy boobs everywhere, so why aren't women? We really need to get over it as a culture.

edit on 21-11-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: grammer

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

That's what gets me so upset about this.

There are true, true sex offenders.

Kids walking in like that is not a sex offender.
I also don't think a drunk guy peeing in alley is a sex offender.
I think they really need to re-evaluate what that term means.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Two things....

One if that were a Male and step daughters and the man decided to have his junk out because he was "too hot" I'm sure you and many others would have a completely different take on this story.

Secondly, I need photo or video evidence of the alleged toplessness to make a final decision.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: fringeofthefringe

That's what gets me so upset about this.

There are true, true sex offenders.

Kids walking in like that is not a sex offender.
I also don't think a drunk guy peeing in alley is a sex offender.
I think they really need to re-evaluate what that term means.

After seeing this comment, maybe I was wrong about my "first part" in my first comment, so kudos to you for being consistent

I'd still like to see photo or video evidence.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Two things....

One if that were a Male and step daughters and the man decided to have his junk out because he was "too hot" I'm sure you and many others would have a completely different take on this story.

Secondly, I need photo or video evidence of the alleged toplessness to make a final decision.

I think pubic nudity is very different than breasts or chest exposed. It shouldn't be done in front of kids knowingly, but I think we also have
to factor intent into these things.
Like if stepmom is taking a shower and thinks the house is empty and walks around naked, is that a sex offender? No.

So yeah, I think the story would be different if the stepmom, OR dad took their pants / unders off.
In the story the dad actually had his shirt off two. His nipples were also exposed, why is that OK?

edit on 21-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I think the charges are a bit much but WTF .

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well we know the answer to that question.... because it's culturally deemed different. You may DISAGREE with the culture and that's fine. I disagree with a lot of laws in my country, but I still obey them. That's what a society is. If we want to have change then we make that change by passing laws, or creating new culture norms.

We aren't there yet, and someone like you might be like "let women go topless cause it's not a big deal" there are may people that are like "yeah let women go topless" for the same reason they'd go "yeah let women go naked" It's our current culture... Just like how in the Middle East it's accepted culture for most woman to wear Burkas.... We can disagree with our culture and laws and try to change them, but let's not pretend we don't know they exist.

SO... TLDR If it's not ok for a MALE to have his private parts out, then it's not ok for a WOMAN to. We have different Private parts and maybe the argument is "why do woman have an extra private part" lol but it's our current Cultural Reality.
edit on 11/21/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: Fixing qouting and formating issue

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Remember, in this culture, boobs are more dangerous than guns, apparently.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join