It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protect Yourself! / Norovirus / Gastrointestinal Illness Outbreak in Colorado School District

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
First of all its that time of the year again with Thanksgiving just around the corner.

Me sa County Colorado Recommendations related to Gastrointestinal Illness

Determining an exact diagnosis for these types of illnesses requires laboratory tests, which can be invasive, costly and not all that helpful in remedying a patient’s outcome. Additionally, not all illnesses are reportable to public health. The Norovirus is so common extthat labs and doctors’ offices aren’t required to report these illnesses to the local public health agency. This illness specifically seems to be hitting quickly, and patients are also recovering quickly, so many have not gone to a medical provider to be seen or tested.

This CDC link is to offer help to all.

CDC

I am alarmed of the subject above as my immune system is compromised as I didn't inherit all of my mitochondrial DNA when conceived back in the day. So What that means it's that I am like an early warning system in that if its out there it can get to me. Back in 1991 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania I got Norovirus and lost 8 pounds in two days off my 6' 1" 188 then pound frame. The doctors in the hospital said that I probably caught it from drinking the municipal city water as back then we drank our water from the faucet at the sink. The doctor went on to say that we get our water in Bethlehem from a reservoir in New York State. Birds fly over it and take a dump. When the water levels are down or we have an extreme heat summer that stuff lives on in the water and passes through the city's water system and to us.

That was my last time I ever drank city water of any kind from any faucet in my life.

So do the best you can and protect yourself. We live in an age of unmitigated population movement along with dry water resources and climate change.

Norovirus Outbreaks from Drinking Water

edit on 21-11-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 21-11-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 21-11-2019 by Waterglass because: added link

edit on 21-11-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I've been sick once in the past five years... It was norovirus.

I call it the purge. Any way your body can expel liquid, it will, and violently. That's the closest I've ever felt to tapping out.

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to prevent getting it unless a school system or workplace shuts their doors knowing of an outbreak.

It has a wicked fast incubation and contagion window.

The bright side is it is 24-48 hours for most.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Noro sucks and it spread so easy. When it hits a hospital unit it's basically expected every staff and patient will get it.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Oddly enough your blood type has a lot to do with your symptoms. I didn't have a lot of symptoms and it did not last long so I suspect I am type B blood. O appears to be the worst in some studies ... although not every study finds this blood type connection.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm all northern European and I have the non-secreter FUT 2 genes. Unless my immune system is compromised I probably won't have problems with this. The majority of my family is FUT2 nonsecreters except a few of the grandchildren who only have one copy, so they are susceptable.

Even if you have immunity, diet can determine if you get it or not. If you eat a high percentage of junk food, chances are you may still get sick.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This genetics can also help protect from getting the flu or some other viruses and microbes, but does not seem to make a difference with getting the common cold. I think it protects more against the swine flu than the bird flu. Remember, if you eat a lot of poultry, the virus can grow inside of your gut, multiplying on the poultry protein sugars. So you can still get a reaction depending on what you eat. I suppose if you gorge yourself on a cruise ship, the norovirus can grow in that too. Buffets can be a problem.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That's how it was for me. It weakened me such that I could not stand up and I crawled to get into the car when my wife took me to the hospital emergency room. That virus took the life out of me. Doctor said that another two days without emergency treatment I would have died from dehydration.

The water really was a wake up call.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks. We eat slim to none junk food. My issue is on the protein side as if I eat too much it leeks into the blood as toxins. Then the Creatine Kinase, CPK goes to 1000 or more. I went total vegan over September into October for 6 weeks. No meat No dairy No junk food.

1.All muscle and joint pain disappeared in several days.
2.All swelling in hands, feet and body disappeared.
3. Felt good. Decent energy

My issue is Red Wine as I couldn't stop it but I cut it back.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Never knew that. Then again, I don't know my own blood type

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Its a nasty virus. Your on 24/7 vomit or diarrhea cycle with fever and pain. I can still feel the pain from that time in the summer of 1991 today 28 years ago.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Luckily for me it was 24 hours and done.

First twelve was my body forcing purge every 30 minutes like clockwork. I couldn't hold water during that time period, and after a few attempts I gave up.

Once I was completely dried out, I started cutting 25% ginger ale, 75% club soda, and sliced thin fresh ginger root. The fresh spicy ginger helped to settle the stomach and keep it down. After I got a few mason jars of that down, I switched to pedialite.

Luckily, I rarely get sick, but when I do it's quick and paralyzing then gone. Typically I can feel the onset of something, and I'll slam vitamin C, zinc, colloidal silver, and the spiciest food I can handle. That usually kills it before it fully propagates.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Working in a hospital I have had this bad a couple of times. Not a fun experience.

Spreads like the clap at a swingers party

Honesty feel like you’re dying out of every hole for a couple of days

Av seen some people get extremely unwell with this bug

Once it’s in your family home there is very little that can be done to stop everyone getting it.

On the plus side it’s the best diet ever

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks. We eat slim to none junk food. My issue is on the protein side as if I eat too much it leeks into the blood as toxins. Then the Creatine Kinase, CPK goes to 1000 or more. I went total vegan over September into October for 6 weeks. No meat No dairy No junk food.

1.All muscle and joint pain disappeared in several days.
2.All swelling in hands, feet and body disappeared.
3. Felt good. Decent energy

My issue is Red Wine as I couldn't stop it but I cut it back.

You can get the same problem with certain veggies, ones with real high lectin amounts. The albumin in meats will dialate the intestines and especially milk chemistry. That is basically the main reason for the milk allergy. The peanut intolerance also does the same thing, but neither of those two types of lectin allergies actually directly cause anaphalaxic shock. If you do eat raw veggies, some of them actually have an enzyme that helps destroy the lectins, , but the number of those is low. Look up lectin intolerance. Bromelain and papain and I think pepsin can help some people with both the meat and the lectin problems. Pepto bismol has been around for a long time.

Some of the problems with eating lots of veggies take a long time to show symptoms, so if you do get some problems then you should also examine changes that occurred long ago with a huge dietary move like that.

There are lots of vegetarians out there that have lots of knowledge about altering their diet like that and many will have some horror stories to share. People rarely consider that a change a few years ago is the reason they are sick right now. It also goes the other way, a vegetarian going back to a diverse diet might wind up goofing up their health because they don't make much of the enzymes needed for eating meat anymore, and their subconscious does not crave the antidote.

Put garlic salt or onions on meat if you do return back to meat eating.

The blood type diet is actually a pertinent concern when choosing veggies as well as types of meats. Te lectin/ albumin stuff I am talking about is related to the blood type diet It is involved in entrance of not properly digested food chemistry into the bloodstream

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Luckily I had diarrhea for a few hours and that was it. A lot of people it's coming out both ends at the same time for a day or 2.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thread reopened and
Moved to
The Grey Area.
edit on Tue Nov 26 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join