It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want Mr. Trump to do something to make me feel better.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hello. Placing this into the mud pit because i am ready for some dirt on my face from both republicans and the democrats.

Yesterday was children's rights day. I don't have kids but my friends and relatives have, and i enjoy being with them, teaching them stuff and protecting them.

20 November is Children’s Rights Day, first established in 1989 with the unanimous adoption of the International Convention on the Rights of the Child by the United Nations General Assembly. The Convention recognises the civil, economic, social and cultural rights of all children. To date, only the United States is yet to ratify the Convention.

I want Donald Trump to ratify this. From a pure empathy viewpoint. Ok mud pit? Let's make it political? Where is the harm? Mr. Trump has to only sign and then it is done. He might gain a few voters. But what does that matter? Donald Trump can gather together a press conference, Fart in to the microphone and then drop mic, and still win 2020 elections

But what can i do? I am a worm and not even American. Maybe i just make this thread and leave this behind me.

I am waiting for abovetopsecret community replies.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I'll play the devil's advocate:

NO. Because:

1. It's a UN institution. Huge scam from top to bottom.

2. I'm guessing the resolution would be "used" for adverse purposes. I can think of some.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

1. It's a UN institution. Huge scam from top to bottom.

I am on your side of the fence. It has not been that way for long. I used to hold UN in good value, but now i see them useless, a bunch of making a facade. UN... Recently they went to Salt lake city in USA, and declared that venue as an international territory for the time being their conference lasts. I might be harsh, but in my mind, that is a declaration of war.

What if i come to your property, stick my flag into the ground and proudly declare "These lands are my lands now" Not one single American would tolerate that

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Are you saying they don’t have right now ?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The more I read about UN and its various branches...the sicker to my stomach I get. Sometimes I just want to vomit violently.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Are you saying they don’t have right now ?

How should this be interpreted? Kids? have rights? Sure they do and i think USA does a superb work with their children. A fine nation, at least in that sense. I want this to be ratified as a symbolic gesture. If i had to bet, i would bet that Mr. Trump would ratify this if he knew about this, but he just don't know.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Mario,

Something I find curious is non-Americans having expectations of the U.S. president.

I gain the impression that the elites in some countries enjoy playing the "look over there [USA], not here" game with their citizens. When their people are blaming the Americans, they're too busy to look for the crooks at home.

Cynical outlook? Yes, but for good reason IMO.

Do Croatians expect the U.S. president to do something for them? The Croatians I've met didn't seem to expect much of anything from other countries except to not step on Croatian sovereignty ... which I perfectly understand.

Cheers
edit on 21-11-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: countries vice country

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

If trumps going to ratify something i’ll be fine with a EO.

As a symbolic gesture I’d like to see the UN be sucked into a mini black hole .

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

If trumps going to ratify something i’ll be fine with a EO.

As a symbolic gesture I’d like to see the UN be sucked into a mini black hole .

Haha! You made me laugh. And trust me, i don't laugh often.

I have studied about the United Nations online. Seems to me that they are not fulfilling their original purpose. What if we throw them into a giant black hole, instead of a mini one?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Something I find curious is non-Americans having expectations of the U.S. president.

I too find it curious. It's as if the world has gotten used to US being the world police and a piggy bank.

I gain the impression that the elites in some country enjoy playing the "look over there [USA], not here" game with their citizens. When their people are blaming the Americans, they're too busy to look for the crooks at home.

There is some of that going around. You have to understand...the US is the greatest show on Earth
The greatest distraction.

Do Croatians expect the U.S. president to do something for them?

Average croatian, most defo NO.

National sovereignty is no1. Yet...politics sold us cheaply to EU. There were financial threats from the domestic politicians. We were essentially forced. I voted against joining, but "we" lost.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Finspiracy,

Can you educate us on the stance of the Finnish state regarding the rights of children AND their parents?

I've seen some alarming policies regarding children practiced by western European states -- basically a product of state officials thinking "they know better". I am curious what the Finnish state practice is.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Thanks Mario. I always appreciate your straight talk.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
I want Donald Trump to ratify this.

Two things.

First, the President cannot ratify anything, that's the Senate's job.

Second, I'm all for just one day when children have rights. That leaves 364 other ones to hunt them down like dogs.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Children can go kick rocks.

They smell, they're dirty, they break stuff, they're loud attention seeking little assholes.

Ban kids.
edit on 21-11-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That leaves 364 other ones to hunt them down like dogs.

good one

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Are you satisfied with the wording of that post ?

Just saying

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Good catch, thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Anything from the UN I will say no to. I have no problem with the US putting into place anything that is needed, so can you tell us what is not already US law that is in that you want to see become law?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
We have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights. We don’t need any international organization to reinforce those.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join