It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's fix ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hello everyone.

Okay enough with the time delays and glitches in the Abovetopsecret system.

I have not investigated much, but my understanding is, that there is no good quality servers and there is no salary money to pay for this place. I propose that we start collecting money right now. I am very poor, i have mental issues and problems with alcohol, but i can promise 10 or 20 euros. There are thousands of ATS members from all over the world, i bet some of them can contribute more than i can. Make Abovetopsecret Great Again!

I welcome all replies, but i would like to hear a view from an admin or a moderator.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

A very nice sentiment, but my advice for you would be to use your cash for yourself and get better, charity begins at home, once you are not in your words "very poor, i have mental issues and problems with alcohol" you will be able to contribute to the bettering of others, I hope you can get help from those around you and find the inner strength to win/beat/overcome your problems

The world is not an easy place and can be harsh on people who dont deserve it, but it is also a joyful place if your mind lets you enjoy it

Dont worry about ATS, it will probably be here for a long time, if not there is always the wayback machine

All the best

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

See all that advertising on the side and the bottom? Yeah, those pay for the site.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
There was time that ATS did ask for donations, I contributed as did many others I think.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Donate so that people can continue to bitch about politics? No thanks. If ATS ever gets back to its old content, then maybe it might be worth it.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think at least some of the problems might be that the OP is in Finland.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
ATS gets plenty of funding through black government projects and advertisements. The problems of this site are by design and can easily be fixed.

edit on 21-11-2019 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Or... you are in a country that doesn't have those problems and so you think everything is cool because "if it doesn't happen to me it doesn't matter" lmao!

Maybe the ats guys should switch over to give better speed to the entire world and less to your country, then we'll see

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Or... you are in a country that doesn't have those problems and so you think everything is cool because "if it doesn't happen to me it doesn't matter" lmao!

Let me know when meet a conservative that doesnt think that way

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So this is where we stand now? The site is filled with all kinds of bugs and ads and i am not the only one complaining about it. Complains come from all over the world.

I love this site. Upping the ante from original 10-20 euros to 30 euros. It is not much but this site has thousands of members and really wonderful and clever people, who have all, in their ways, helped me to expand my world view.

Operators, super operators, admins, owners and what not? This is the final divide. Are we going to let this site fall into it's final death or are we going to save this site together?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

It's glitchy and full of bugs, if ats was more popular perhaps money would be spent to fix it, with t h e current left right bickering this site will not grow and subsequently not be in a position to make the user experience more enjoyable.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

There used to be a donate button at the top of the pages, but it was removed a while ago. I donated through PayPal, and still have the email address of the ATS account, but I will need to ask permission to post it publically I guess.

Let me shoot Springer an email and get permission and I'll get back to you.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's glitchy and full of bugs, if ats was more popular perhaps money would be spent to fix it, with t h e current left right bickering this site will not grow and subsequently not be in a position to make the user experience more enjoyable.

Agreed.

Actually i almost always call ATS as "AboveTrumpSecret" these days. And many years now. But there are still cool conspiracies, UFO and alien talk, really far-out tinfoil hat things, theories that actually make you think by yourself. But i have to go to specific forums dedicated to them, LIVE page is practically useless these days. People seem to prefer to pick a side, from the completely politically manufactured left-right paradigm, and try to smash the other side, and raise their own side, while the ruling elite laughs on their way to the bank.

I don't even know how the money should be used (fundraising effort) but i am thinking of excellent servers, professional programmers, advertising management and coordination at least.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

Thank you for your donation and still ongoing obvious dedication.

With respect
Fin

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Oh well. At least i tried. For once.

I guess this is goodbyes then, from this online forum.

new topics

top topics

join