It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sims Going Woke, Promoting Inclusion in Games Through ERGs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wow.
Looking at the rights being triggered.

A game with options. They pull the trigger...

Mod your game with “right” interactions, give them marching crowds or what? Shooting ranges? Rolling coal? what?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Mod your game with “right” interactions, give them marching crowds or what? Shooting ranges? Rolling coal? what?

Nobody wants to play that game, lol. Females like to fantasize and design virtual houses and families, heterosexual males do the same with bases and empires or combat teams versus each other. Being a coal miner isn't what anyone who plays games wants to be. Why play gun range when you can shoot people?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Sims 2 was great!
Didn’t play anything after that...

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Nobody wants to play that game, lol. Females like to fantasize and design virtual houses and families, heterosexual males do the same with bases and empires or combat teams versus each other. Being a coal miner isn't what anyone who plays games wants to be. Why play gun range when you can shoot people?

*snort-lol* just speak for yourself. The game sold millions of copies. Ok, Boomer.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Hahahaha I love how Boomers don't understand the gamer demographic and the games we play. Two of my guy friends introduced me to The Sims but shhhhh apparently it's only a game for girls. Better not let the boomers know

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

It may be optional, but I'll bet there is no MAGA pack players can opt for.

I'll bet they don't allow players to opt for anything explicitly Christian, Muslim, etc., but if they ever did, you know certain religions are more likely to be included than others.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Plenty of people play The Sims for various reasons.

Some people love torturing virtual people while others love creating stories that others can see.

It actually appeals to a wide demographic. I won't lie. I was and sometimes am still tempted by Sims 4, but between the EA poison and my experiences having to spend an entire day making Sims 3 run right every time a new expansion or pack came out ... I decided it wasn't worth it.

I've also heard that SIms 4 just took a lot of the heart out of the game entirely. Sims 2 really was the best one, and I recall my massive neighborhood game fondly. I think I was up to slightly more than 20 families spawned out of an original 6. I would play each family in turn for 3 days and move on to the next and then spend a semester at college with the kids who went there -- not all did that though. I had a large cemetery full of grave stones and a pet cemetery too.

I called it my La Jolla Vista game, and it was epic.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Genderless bathrooms? You mean like the ones that have always been in Sims games? I don’t remember having specific gendered bathrooms in my home, ever.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You guys should download the Goaste Mod for the Sims, it's really eye opening.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
They're Pandering. They've turned the whole game into being fixated around the LGBT and it's annoying because it now feels forced and unrealistic. The world isn't California or Portland where we see rainbow colors everywhere and although we don't have to use the items like their many many pride flags it's the fact that they have their devs so fixated on everything LGBT in every little update they're creating that everything else in the game is less of a priority.... The game has issues and they don't give those issues as much attention as their obvious pandering to the LGBT. The other sims games didn't have this much issues as the sims 4 performance wise, and the difference ive noticed between them and the sims 4 is constantly pandering to woke groups.

Some might say those groups don't have anything to do with how the game functions but all i see is them obsessing over LGBT everything while the game sucks more and more with each year. Of course it's not just the LGBT pandering for why the game's awful there are other things, but it's this intense need to impress woke groups like those that's clearly adding to the distraction, and they seem to be paying their devs to work on implementing more and more LGBT obsession in the game rather than having them work on things to actually improve the game.

We can't even get a simple trailer without being bombarded by gay characters all the damn time.

The average person goes through life just seeing people, nothing special or particular, just everyday ordinary boring people, the sims 4's idea of normal life is a pride flag in every nook and cranny and LGBT people disproportionately outnumbering everybody else >.>

It's downright annoying, unrealistic and a damn waste of time. Is the sims 4 for everyone to make their own worlds or is it just for gen Z LGBT woke hipsters?

And i'm not sorry but i couldn't careless about their pronouns, them adding it not only wastes allot of people's time when creating a sim because now they spend extra time having to specifically choose she her and he him because they don't care to dabble with they them when before they could just choose a male or female and be done with it....., but besides all of that, pronouns being added to the sims 4 don't fix their many bug issues or glitches! If they wanted that stuff in the game then why did they wait 8 years? why have the game slacking for nearly a decade to then add something to the game that doesn't do anything at all for the average person playing it?

I don't even care about this game anymore, i'm so sick of it that i'm waiting for sims 6, because i know sims 5 will only get the same lame lazy medicre people who prioritize dumb stuff anyway. At least by sims 6 they might have a mostly new team of people who'll build a better functioning game. I wish the Japanese made sim styles games, at least i can count of them for not constantly trying to kiss whiny people's asses, they don't care if some people feel offended that they choose to stay in reality.
edit on 29-7-2022 by SeriLore because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2022 by SeriLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Of course many people aren't using that # even if their eyes have to constantly be bombarded by them every time they go into build buy mode, but in my opinion the issue is the game sucks! It's sucked for 8 years straight and they're not fixing any of the issues, instead they keep pandering to LTBT and self righteous liberals by doing useless updates and packs that fluff them. They're distracting people by doing woke things for brownie points. For years it seems all they pay their devs to do is make their whole time and energy into kowtowing to those groups because i guess if you keep showing how "woke" your company is they'll forget they're playing dog#.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join