It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sims Going Woke, Promoting Inclusion in Games Through ERGs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wow.
Looking at the rights being triggered.

A game with options. They pull the trigger...

Mod your game with “right” interactions, give them marching crowds or what? Shooting ranges? Rolling coal? what?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Mod your game with “right” interactions, give them marching crowds or what? Shooting ranges? Rolling coal? what?

Nobody wants to play that game, lol. Females like to fantasize and design virtual houses and families, heterosexual males do the same with bases and empires or combat teams versus each other. Being a coal miner isn't what anyone who plays games wants to be. Why play gun range when you can shoot people?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Sims 2 was great!
Didn’t play anything after that...

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Nobody wants to play that game, lol. Females like to fantasize and design virtual houses and families, heterosexual males do the same with bases and empires or combat teams versus each other. Being a coal miner isn't what anyone who plays games wants to be. Why play gun range when you can shoot people?

*snort-lol* just speak for yourself. The game sold millions of copies. Ok, Boomer.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Hahahaha I love how Boomers don't understand the gamer demographic and the games we play. Two of my guy friends introduced me to The Sims but shhhhh apparently it's only a game for girls. Better not let the boomers know

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

It may be optional, but I'll bet there is no MAGA pack players can opt for.

I'll bet they don't allow players to opt for anything explicitly Christian, Muslim, etc., but if they ever did, you know certain religions are more likely to be included than others.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Plenty of people play The Sims for various reasons.

Some people love torturing virtual people while others love creating stories that others can see.

It actually appeals to a wide demographic. I won't lie. I was and sometimes am still tempted by Sims 4, but between the EA poison and my experiences having to spend an entire day making Sims 3 run right every time a new expansion or pack came out ... I decided it wasn't worth it.

I've also heard that SIms 4 just took a lot of the heart out of the game entirely. Sims 2 really was the best one, and I recall my massive neighborhood game fondly. I think I was up to slightly more than 20 families spawned out of an original 6. I would play each family in turn for 3 days and move on to the next and then spend a semester at college with the kids who went there -- not all did that though. I had a large cemetery full of grave stones and a pet cemetery too.

I called it my La Jolla Vista game, and it was epic.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Genderless bathrooms? You mean like the ones that have always been in Sims games? I don’t remember having specific gendered bathrooms in my home, ever.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You guys should download the Goaste Mod for the Sims, it's really eye opening.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join