It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-Life 3 Confirmed !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well I'm ready , picked up a Rift S yesterday as a Christmas prezzie from me to me , it's my first experience of VR and so far well impressed.
Bring on the Half Life.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I need a playstation 4.

I had ps 1, 2, and 3. Then i was a fool and drank my rent money away and had to sell the ps3. Missing console gaming... I am a wizard in NHL games. There is some kind of a system in my online bank that i could put some money there and i won't be allowed to use it before the amount i have set is fulfilled. I could have a ps4 in two or three months. Then i promise to forget everything about real life

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Well I'm ready , picked up a Rift S yesterday as a Christmas prezzie from me to me , it's my first experience of VR and so far well impressed.
Bring on the Half Life.

Nice... what were you using before hand?

I started PCvr with an acer... resolution is great IF you can manage to get it in the right spot... but I got tired of constantly adjusting the damn thing to find that sweet spot...

I picked up a rift S a few months back after a night of frustration.... it is frickin awesome!!

the sound sucks but headphones clear that up easily...

Half life will probably be my next big purchase.... but you can bet its not gonna be cheap

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Nice... what were you using before hand?

Nothing mate ,this is my first experience of VR aside from a stereoscopic viewer I had as a kid .... mind blown.
Project Cars 2 is awesome in VR.

As for Half Life it's £46 quid on Steam and on discount for £42 for pre-orders so it's about right for a AAA game.
edit on 23-11-2019 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Awesome brother... welcome to the club!

A few recommendations since you're new around these parts... superhot is a must have... lone echo is crazy and a lot of fun... plus you can play arena which i've heard is a blast!

Gorn is a gory yet glorious fighting game... pretty good workout too

Subnautica will astonish you... something about being under water in VR is just... wow!

And of course... elite dangerous

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I was thinking about getting Subnautica before I got the Rift , thanks for the recommendation think that'll be next.

I picked up Raw Data earlier for £6.37 on sale at Greenman gaming , 79% off !
Bargain.

edit on 23-11-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not half life 3. But doesn't look all that bad. Though dont have a Vr setup, and not likely to get one any time soon. The whole floating hands in front of you kind of looks weird on video. But pretty sure its going to be much better in action on an actual VR setup.

But ya! How long have they been waiting for Half Life 3 now? Pretty much since part two came out, 15 years ago now. if they have not thought of making a new one in all that time. Its not looking likely. Though these days with all the companies making sequels and prequels to games that were not even half as popular.

Does make you wonder. Were the funk is half life 3. That game was a gazillion more popular and has way more followers to more then half the newer games out there today which are on there 13 to 20th re hashed sequels by now.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Most times its Not just floating hands... you can usually see your whole body arms and hands attached

It can be very immersive

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Havent even tried VR yet, pretty sure it upraded somewhat from 7 years ago. But considering how long it takes developers to make any good game and the work it goes into it by teams of hundreads and hundreads of people. Ya! Some games take longer to develop then the life cycle of most gaming consoles which is what? 5 to 10 years at most?

Do the math on that? Chances are, they thought of making a Half Life 3 a bunch of times. And by the time they got anything new running it was old school. Most especially on PCs, as a new and upgraded graphic cards come out every few months. Or at least they did years ago when I bothered.

I feel if there going to do it. Maybe VR is when it will go down. Likely when the technology reaches a peak, and is stable for years, no constant upgrades every year, or few years, then they can start putting in the time and manpower to make something like Half Life 3.

Till then, people can always complain, bitch and moan. Besides there is always minecraft.

The only game I am looking forward to is the remake of FF7...I know they can do that, and now a days the techonolgy is there to do it right, no more blocky sprites.

And I think VR technology, may reach a peak some 5 to 8 years from now, and maybe they will have some far out games by then. But who knows.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Well... maybe its something you'll try for a Xmas Gift

The GO is an amazing step into VR and gives you an idea of how good the tech already is...

I can only imagine 5 years from now... and mark my words... everyone will have VR by then...

We are really at that point in the First generation...

its pretty awesome!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join